20240401_120541.jpg
20240401_120549.jpg
Screenshot_20240402_133139_Facebook.jpg
IMG_2065 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2066 (resized).jpeg
20240313_195826 (resized).jpg
IMG_0071 (resized).JPG
IMG_0075 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Nexyss.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#908 8 years ago

I sold most of my vids to make room for pins over the last couple of years, but the vids are starting to make a comeback.

Bubbles
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
Super Sprint
Rastan (soon to be converted back into Robotron)
Centipede cabaret
Stunt Cycle
Big Buck Safari (for sale or trade)
Pole Position cockpit (will be delivered soon)
Roadblasters cockpit (will be delivered soon, and will need some work)

I am actually considering putting my No Fear up for sale or trade to get more arcade games. I found that Metallica is the pin I play 99% of the time, so I don't feel the need to have too many others.

10 months later
#1221 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

ahhhh man... would be awesome to have a roadblasters cockpit. will you post pix of it when you get it ??

I actually just got the Roadblasters working last month! I also picked up a Frogger, Ms Pacman, and a Rapid Fire since the last post. I have an Omega Race coming in next month, then I will be searching for a Nintendo Red Tent.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#1226 7 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I remember sit-down sinistars (awesome bass), NEVER knew a sit-down roadblasters existed. Always played the standup.

I really want a Sinistar cockpit!

6 months later
#1543 7 years ago

I will be searching for a Donkey Kong soon. If you know of any reasonably close to Reno, NV, please let me know.

I have a Bally Rapid Fire that will be for sale/trade soon as well. I figured I would mention that in this thread since it is about as popular as arcade games here on Pinside. lol

9 months later
#1824 6 years ago
Quoted from DngrWillRobinson:

OK, I'm new to all of this as previously stated. What is emulation and why is it bad? I thought that it was just a system that allows you to play multiple games on one machine?

You know how a bunch of people here complain about the afm and mm remakes because they are not original? It is pretty much the same thing with emulation in the arcade world. It has to be original, or it sucks.

Emulation may not be perfect, but you can have a lot of fun playing the emulated games.

If you have good controls, a lot of games will feel just like the originals.

C7BF6C53-DD33-49E3-9FC3-B26E685CFC7D (resized).jpegC7BF6C53-DD33-49E3-9FC3-B26E685CFC7D (resized).jpeg

20386FAB-F98E-404B-AB46-A9C5E29945FD (resized).jpeg20386FAB-F98E-404B-AB46-A9C5E29945FD (resized).jpeg

7C0F6CA4-03E6-4129-A80B-266F2FDB94D5 (resized).jpeg7C0F6CA4-03E6-4129-A80B-266F2FDB94D5 (resized).jpeg

C61A78F2-0FF5-446B-8237-A703130C9CF0 (resized).jpegC61A78F2-0FF5-446B-8237-A703130C9CF0 (resized).jpeg

#1831 6 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Just curious if you’ve played an original donkey Kong and then played your 60-1, you’ll be surprised at the difference, I think.

I haven’t played a 60-1, but have compared donkey Kong in mame against an original. I did not notice any difference. I was playing with a nintendo controller, and original dk jump button on the mame cabinet. I am not a great player, but I was at 278,500 at that time (I am sure way worse now as I have barely played in years). The timing felt identical to me. I would expect the 60-1 to have more emulation bugs. I think they use a fairly old version of mame, and there has been development on the dkong driver over the years. I remember quite a few years ago the sound emulation was rewritten to try to correctly emulate the hardware. After that was added, my athlon xp was no longer fast enough to run donkey Kong in mame, so I built a new computer based on the core2duo.

When you hear complaints about emulation, I think a lot of them are from people using older versions of mame, or bad controls. If there is a legitimate bug in the emulation of a popular game like donkey Kong, it is probably because the people who notice it don’t bother to report it to to the mame team (mametesters.org). There are also some players that just notice input lag way more than others.

#1856 6 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Better question is where can you find a decent two way joystick (like on Galaga, Galaxian, Joust, Stargate / Defender etc)?

The original sticks for those aren't too hard to find. A wanted post on klov should bring a few out of hiding. They pop up on ebay as well.

If you don't care about the exact feel of the original, pretty much any joystick will work, just leave the other two switches unconnected.

5 months later
#2101 5 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Anyone here ever look at their vids and decide to sell out? Mine are all driving games and a pita to move. I've posted my pair of F355 Challenge Deluxe's mostly because pins are so easy to bring in and out. Games this large are such a permanent staple which I cannot seem to commit to.

I used to have a few big racing games, and a giant Time Crisis 3. They are just too big. Now my biggest is a pole position cockpit. The rest are just uprights, and the 3 pins.

2 weeks later
#2120 5 years ago

I finally got Mr Do down in the gameroom. Had to have new studs welded onto the control panel to mount the original stick.

23B2E645-B330-4DD2-8490-46FE5A5788E5 (resized).jpeg23B2E645-B330-4DD2-8490-46FE5A5788E5 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#2198 5 years ago
Quoted from Goalie:

Hi all, perhaps you guys can provide some advice. I have a Neo Geo cabinet, the colors on the screen turned really dark and redish hue. Can I switch the monitor over to an LCD? If so what do I need to do it and where to get it?
[quoted image]

You probably just need to do a cap kit on the monitor chassis. If you are comfortable soldering, the kits are available for less than $20.

You can probably find someone in your area to do it for you if you don't solder. It is a pretty easy job. Just remove the old caps one at a time, and replace them with the new one as you go. You just have to make sure the new one goes in the same way to match the polarity of the old one.

You can also just buy an already rebuilt chassis (probably KLOV is your best bet) and just swap it if you don't want to solder.

#2203 5 years ago
Quoted from Goalie:

Thanks, I'm terrible at soldering. Would it be better to switch to an LCD? I know it's more expensive but the video quality and flat screen would be an improvement, no? Can it even be switched to LCD?

I think CRTs look way better than LCDs on games that were designed to use them. It is easier to go LCD though, so a lot of people do it. More resolution is not always better if the games were designed to be a bit blurry (ie, pacman looks like a circle because the image isn't clear enough to see the blockiness of the pixels).

Also, if you think you might sell it later, most collectors would want the original CRT instead of an LCD.

9 months later
#2525 4 years ago
Quoted from eb94114:

I'm trying to find some of the last games on my wishlist. I figured I would leave no stone unturned and post here, as I have done so before with some good luck. At this rate, though, I think they'll be on my wishlist for quite a while.
Anyone have a lead on any of the following that they would sell or trade: Bubbles, Turkey Shoot, upright Food Fight, Kozmik Krooz'r, a dedicated Irritating Maze, or Pooyan? I have a couple games I would trade toward those: a Food Fight cocktail table, Sinistar cockpit, and a Forgotten Worlds.
Feel free to PM me. Thanks so much.

Added 12 days ago: I forgot to mention I’m looking for an upright Bubbles. Thanks for the help so far.

I wish I had more space. A sinister cockpit would make me consider getting rid of bubbles. I just don’t know if I could get it to the basement.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Nexyss.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-arcade-games-do-you-own?tu=Nexyss and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.