IMG_2065 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2066 (resized).jpeg
20240313_195826 (resized).jpg
IMG_0071 (resized).JPG
IMG_0075 (resized).JPG
IMG_0084 (resized).JPG
IMG_0090 (resized).JPG
IMG_0083 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Joey_N.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1322 7 years ago

Restored/working/or nearly there - Black Widow, Gravitar, Tempest, Space Duel, Asteroids, Toobin, Pac, Ms Pac, Frogger, Gorf, Burgertime, Berzerk, DK Jr, Crystal Castles, Jungle King, Robotron, Joust, Joust ct. Projects - Star Wars cockpit, Out Run, Afterburner, Qix, Zookeeper, Elevator Action, Tin Star, Quantum, Tapper, Bubbles, Championship Sprint, Missile Command cabaret, Battlezone cabaret, Centipede cabaret, Asteroids Deluxe

2 weeks later
#1410 7 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

I finally got my Sinistar up and running on Friday:

I've been collecting for nearly 20yrs and have YET to come across a Sinistar, so I have collected every piece except the wood of the cabinet.

Plan is to scratch build a new cabinet, using my Bubbles as a template, and will have to figure out the change for the monitor shelf.

Hacked control panel, untested boards, build a new cabinet and stencil it.. how much time could it possibly take????

#1412 7 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

about 10-20 hours to build the cabinet from scratch, stencil graphics and paint 3-8 hours depending on experience.
all you need though is a williams cabinet that will fit your control panel ( you do have an original sinistar control panel right?) if not get one, they're not exactly easy to make or source parts for. to my knowledge sinistar, and moon patrol, and maybe bubbles used the same cabinet... (joust and robotron used the same cabs in most cases and are wider than the sinistar and moon patrol cabs)
but then again.... you've been collecting for 20 years, so you most likely know more than I do

I'd convert a crappy Moon Patrol cabinet if I could find one, but I'll have to build one. I have Bubbles, so can flush trim the sides with that as a template and basically copy that, except for the monitor shelf position. Have pics I've saved, and can probably get the position figured out.

I have a swiss cheesed Sinistar panel that I'll repair, a joystick, a repro overlay. Have an untested boardset and nearly a 2nd one. Nice marquee, decent bezel, and all the cabinet parts I need from a parted out MP cab. I think it will be an easier one to paint, since the entire thing is black, before stencils!

#1416 7 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

You do know that the cabinet for Sinistar is narrower than all the other Williams cabinets of that era.

It's the same width as Bubbles and Moon Patrol.

#1440 7 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I did not realize what business you were in until now. I looked at your website what is up with the "She Smokes" videos? Is this a fetish? I would have never thought watching girls smoke as being a fetish? Some of the fetishes from today have me scratching my head. Man I am getting old. I think my dream fetish would be girls in near nothing polishing my pinball machines (;

I can't understand that one either. I lean more towards girls who don't smoke and brush regularly.

1 week later
#1460 7 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Hey, any of you guys on KLOV?
Can you let Mark (markrl on KLOV) also (reefdepot on Ebay) know that its not cool to sell MY artwork on Ebay without my permission?
I sent him a few pieces to print for me but he's kept the art and now sells it as his own.
ebay.com link

Quoted from PACMAN:

Hey, any of you guys on KLOV?
Can you let Mark (markrl on KLOV) also (reefdepot on Ebay) know that its not cool to sell MY artwork on Ebay without my permission?
I sent him a few pieces to print for me but he's kept the art and now sells it as his own.
ebay.com link

I wondered, at one time, if you 2 were the same person. What was the deal with the Congo Bongo artwork? Who did that?

#1468 7 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

We were friends but he stabbed me in the back when he decided to sell my stuff. I put a lot of time and $ into my restored artwork.
I had nothing to do with Congo Bongo.

I was in contact with you to buy a Tin Star panel from you, before you left KLOV. No big deal, I eventually found a panel and the controller. Your thread inspired me to scratch build a Tin Star from parts..have a nice bezel and NOS marquee to use. No clue if my board works though!

#1474 7 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

So any pc power supply will work?

No. Not all PC power supplies have all the necessary voltages.

#1475 7 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Sorry i dropped off the map. Hope you keep going on your project as Tin Star is a great looking, fun game.
Here's how mine turned out...

I hate to ask for paint codes, but I wish their was a way to just clone the colors you used on that. I know you had to eyeball it get it close, as there aren't a bunch of these around to take a sample in from.

I'm scratch building new cabinets for Tin Star, Qix, ZK, and Elevator Action. Plan is to do a totally custom color scheme for EA, likely yellow with orange stripes and TAITO, matching the colors on the marquee.

#1481 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I've never heard of Tin Star. Looks like it uses the same control layout as Frontline.

and Wild Western. I actually ended up finding a Frontline panel, with 2 extra holes drilled, that I'm getting welded up, and ThisOldGame sells a repro overlay for Tin Star.

#1486 7 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Can someone fill me in on these Warlords cocktail tables? I just saw a pic someone posted on here. I'd love to find one. Are they rare?

They're uncommon. I've never come across one, but if you were willing to pay whatever the going rate is, probably not too hard to acquire. It's not as rare/oddball as say a Missile Command cockpit or something. The top glass and control panel overlays for Warlords cocktail were reproduced, silkscreened, by Phoenix Arcade.

2 weeks later
#1545 7 years ago
Quoted from tk-the-jammer:

I do own a multicade with virtually every arcade game ever made. But......This is the only real arcade game that I need to own.

I spent way too much money restoring the control panel on an Assault. Repro metal panel, overlay, NOS lower and upper base, pivot balls, hardware, etc...just about the only parts of the control panel assy that were old - the wiring harness. I sold the game for not much more than I had in the control panel. Beautiful game, but I was a bit afraid of board issues someday, as its uncommon.

1 year later
#2162 5 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

Now I want to build a 1/2 size arcade! Like a playhouse, mini bar, only serve 6oz cans of pop, get a mini keg, and even some 6oz beers glasses. We can service those 4” Red Barron pizzas, and mini tacos. Get a child’s set of table and chairs, and a couple of 2’ bean bag chairs. If you look hard maybe you can find a 24” tv and make a small entertainment center.
It a damn good thing my kids are past the playhouse stage of it would be my next project!

Might as well hire a group of little people and take lots of pictures.

2 weeks later
#2179 5 years ago
Quoted from Dialsoft:

Thats awesome! Is this purchasable? I have the sale style cab i think. Actually I have both, one with curved formica and one without here in the shop. I also need that power switch under the cover!

Was just going back to KLOV to tell you about this!!

I have a 2 player that I built a new cabinet for, but kinda stalled on, need to finish.

I love the design of the 4-player cabinet, the hard edges around the control panel. I bet that game weighs a lot..

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Joey_N.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-arcade-games-do-you-own?tu=Joey_N and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.