20240401_120541.jpg
20240401_120549.jpg
Screenshot_20240402_133139_Facebook.jpg
IMG_2065 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2066 (resized).jpeg
20240313_195826 (resized).jpg
IMG_0071 (resized).JPG
IMG_0075 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DngrWillRobinson.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1776 6 years ago

I recently picked up a 60 in 1 arcade, it was pretty popular over the holidays. I’m thinking about adding a MAME cabinet as well. I like the look of the Game Gate, but it seems they aren’t making them anymore if I’m reading this thread right. Maybe I’ll find a secondhand one.

#1798 6 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

The multi boards are CRAP. Let me say that again - CRAP. Total quantity no quality.
To do it right use a Raspberry PI or do a PC based mame machine.
If you plan to use it for 1 day a year the multi board is fine but if you want any real use out of it and want the games to play and sound reasonably accurate do not touch the multi boards.

I have a 60 in 1 game, the games look, play and sound just like I remember when I was a kid. What’s crap about them? Or maybe you’re talking about something different from what I have. I ask because this is my first arcade machine and am not very knowledgeable yet. Mine is JAMMA if that matters. Is that better than MAME? I would like to get a machine that plays games in the horizontal orientation and was considering one that had a lot more than my 60 in 1, something like a Game Gate. Should I be looking at something different? I appreciate any education you can send my way. Thanks.

#1802 6 years ago

Thank you for the info, I guess I have some research to do.

#1818 6 years ago

OK, I'm new to all of this as previously stated. What is emulation and why is it bad? I thought that it was just a system that allows you to play multiple games on one machine?

#1828 6 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Just curious if you’ve played an original donkey Kong and then played your 60-1, you’ll be surprised at the difference, I think.

Yes, I was a kid in the 80's and my two favorite games were Pac Man and Donkey Kong. I honestly don't notice a difference between the original and my 60 in 1 but I haven't played the original since the 80's. I actually thought what I was playing was the actual same game (same software) as the original on my 60 in 1, I assume you are telling me that's not the case? If it's a copy, it's pretty good. Remember when the Atari home system released Pac Man? That was a horrible attempt to copy the original.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DngrWillRobinson.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-arcade-games-do-you-own?tu=DngrWillRobinson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.