20240401_120541.jpg
20240401_120549.jpg
Screenshot_20240402_133139_Facebook.jpg
IMG_2065 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2066 (resized).jpeg
20240313_195826 (resized).jpg
IMG_0071 (resized).JPG
IMG_0075 (resized).JPG
There are 4,473 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 90.
#4001 1 year ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

A friend locally opens up his arcade a couple days a month. That’s me on the dig dug. Next to it is wizard of wor.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This looks strikingly reminiscent of Arcade 2084 in Anaheim, another private collection. I remember them having the same vector graphics projection on the wall as well. I used to go there a lot before they closed in 2017. Is this place related?

#4002 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

What is a BBH panorama? I think its a big buck hunter. but unless its a new VR thing, I dont get the panorama of it..

Big-Buck-Hunter-Reloaded-Panorama (resized).jpgBig-Buck-Hunter-Reloaded-Panorama (resized).jpg
#4003 1 year ago
Quoted from Zartan:

There is an asteroids cocktail for sale 5 hours from me. Good price, can’t decide if I should go get it. After the gas and food for the day it might not be worth it. Don’t see too many near me though.

That is a classic machine! I had a couple that I sold and regretted it. Found another that is a keeper. The Braze multugame upgrade isn't too bad. Just need to buy a Pokey chip with it. When installed you get Asteroids Deluxe and Lunar Lander.

The emulations don't do the game justice and you really need to play it on the vector monitor.

#4004 1 year ago
Quoted from Zartan:

There is an asteroids cocktail for sale 5 hours from me. Good price, can’t decide if I should go get it. After the gas and food for the day it might not be worth it. Don’t see too many near me though.

if your buying to flip it, then no. If its not working, I would say no. if you prefer to have an upright, then I would also say no. if you like the game, maybe. If you think you will end up selling it off in a few years, then I would pass on the cocktail.

I would guess a cocktail is worth maybe $1k +-$250 depending on how nice the topglass is. I dont think it will appreciate much and will be harder to sell than an upright.

the braze kit is cool. but the best part of asteroids deluxe is the blacklight effects. I would say get and AD UR and get the best of asteroids on your AD. but only if you dont plan on selling it. AD is far less desirable than asteroids.

#4005 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

[quoted image]

thats what I thought it was.. I cant imagine selling a pin for that. Now if it was getting rid of a zaxxon, I could agree.. I would prefer a terminator salvation, aliens, or area 51, but the best part of this hobby is everyone has their own grails..

#4006 1 year ago

Not looking to flip. I’ve told him I’ll buy it. Gives my daughter and I a day out together. Plus it is another machine in my room. The only problem is now the arcades with out number my Pins.

Quoted from Mrbill:

if your buying to flip it, then no. If its not working, I would say no. if you prefer to have an upright, then I would also say no. if you like the game, maybe. If you think you will end up selling it off in a few years, then I would pass on the cocktail.
I would guess a cocktail is worth maybe $1k +-$250 depending on how nice the topglass is. I dont think it will appreciate much and will be harder to sell than an upright.
the braze kit is cool. but the best part of asteroids deluxe is the blacklight effects. I would say get and AD UR and get the best of asteroids on your AD. but only if you dont plan on selling it. AD is far less desirable than asteroids.

I will probably just leave it original the only changes I’ll make are black powder coat and blue T-moulding.

Quoted from Robotworkshop:

That is a classic machine! I had a couple that I sold and regretted it. Found another that is a keeper. The Braze multugame upgrade isn't too bad. Just need to buy a Pokey chip with it. When installed you get Asteroids Deluxe and Lunar Lander.
The emulations don't do the game justice and you really need to play it on the vector monitor.

#4007 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

thats what I thought it was.. I cant imagine selling a pin for that. Now if it was getting rid of a zaxxon, I could agree.. I would prefer a terminator salvation, aliens, or area 51, but the best part of this hobby is everyone has their own grails..

Game is pretty damned packed if you ask me.

big-buck-hunter-reloaded-arcade-game-441812_1200x1200 (resized).jpgbig-buck-hunter-reloaded-arcade-game-441812_1200x1200 (resized).jpg
#4008 1 year ago
Quoted from Zartan:

There is an asteroids cocktail

I prefer stand up games personally, cocktails take up too much space and the gameplay is different with the position(just feels off sitting?). If I got a cocktail it would be a Pong machine but I know it would get stale quick and not worth the coin to me. If it were me-hold out for stand up Asteroids.

#4009 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

[quoted image]

They are adding Walking Dead in the fall to the lineup as well...If they switch the options on the guns to non pump, I'm getting one

#4010 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

I cant imagine selling a pin for that

I thought the same thing

#4011 1 year ago

Weird, I thought I can!

#4012 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Weird, I thought I can!

A Big Buck Hunter is not going to have near the level of long term enjoyment as a modern pin. If you have had your time with Godzilla then trade for another machine but I would not sell to buy a BBH. BBH would be super fun for parties and guest but feel like if you just play it regularly it will lose it's appeal. More of a game for get togethers and parties and it takes up a ton of space. I would be more incline to build a custom gun shooter MAME with 100's of shooters on it and takes up a smaller envelope.

#4013 1 year ago

Wife and i played a bunch of this game and love it. We have IT Arcade Collection for variety and Star Wars Premium and GOT Pro also. We have a good collection of stuff and think this would be a good compliment. The only other thing I would like to get down the road is a Shooter like RAIDEN or something.

#4014 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

for variety and Star Wars Premium and GOT Pro also

Variety is the spice of life-I just can't justify trading pin towards arcade. So many aspects of pinball with different eras. May try some classic Bally/Williams pinball? I recommend a Wh20 or a STTNG. If you love BBH-get it and have fun with it-you can always sell down the line with little to lose(may as well get it out of your system and scratch that itch).

#4015 1 year ago

I had a Bride of Pinbot and Sega Frankenstein. Loved them both.

#4016 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

I had a Bride of Pinbot and Sega Frankenstein. Loved them both

I say do it then. I waited for Zekes Peak and now I am paying twice the price. I know it is a novelty game that will get stale but I want it for parties and guest-so I bit the bullet. Life is short-get what makes you happy-just try and not trade pinball machines to get

#4017 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

[quoted image]

maybe, but its all the same theme.. I went with a proto maxforce cabinet, then a ton of compatible boards(area 51, site 4, police trainer, johnny nero, carneviel, point blank 1 & 2) or you could go with the multi board that guy used with his aliens custom cabinet..

but if buck hunter type games float your boat, thats cool. I have a beautiful dedicated trophy hunter I will be selling when I have the time..

plus if you wait 2 years, that $7k reloaded game will be worth about $3k or less when the next version comes out. while godizilla might be worth more than it is today.

#4018 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

plus if you wait 2 years, that $7k reloaded game will be worth about $3k or less when the next version comes out. while godizilla might be worth more than it is today.

The only thing I consider investments in my life are my House and Mutual Funds. If I worried about $$ and fun, I would never do anything and I never would have spent 650$ to see The Police reunion tour back in 2007.

#4019 1 year ago

Absolutely agree! These are Big Toys not investments!

I’ve never been to a concert! I’ve been to a few comedy shows.

Quoted from ExSquid:

The only thing I consider investments in my life are my House and Mutual Funds. If I worried about $$ and fun, I would never do anything and I never would have spent 650$ to see The Police reunion tour back in 2007.

#4020 1 year ago

Looking for a nice upright, full-size Tempest in FL. If you have one send me a PM please.

#4021 1 year ago

There is one on Kijiji Ontario. He has a Tempest and Star Wars.

#4022 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

I went with a proto maxforce cabinet, then a ton of compatible boards(area 51, site 4, police trainer, johnny nero, carneviel, point blank 1 & 2)

Could you elaborate on this? For some reason I thought point blank wasn't compatible with A51/MF/Lethal/Etc.

#4023 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I prefer stand up games personally, cocktails take up too much space and the gameplay is different with the position(just feels off sitting?). If I got a cocktail it would be a Pong machine but I know it would get stale quick and not worth the coin to me. If it were me-hold out for stand up Asteroids.

I have to agree with this. no only do they physically take up more real estate, that's even before you've account for putting enough room at both ends so that 2 people can play them.

the only except to this rule for me is my warlords cocktail. with the adjustable legs to make it a high top cocktail and the ability for 4 people to play at once makes it a keeper.

#4024 1 year ago

Picked this Gaplus up yesterday from a friend. Always happy to get a new machine to add to the lineup.

IMG_5558 (resized).JPGIMG_5558 (resized).JPG
#4025 1 year ago
Quoted from Cookie2004:

Picked this Gaplus up yesterday from a friend. Always happy to get a new machine to add to the lineup.
[quoted image]

Nice, but those flight stick screws have to go.

#4026 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Nice, but those flight stick screws have to go.

Yes I agree, they aren't very comfortable or visually appealing. I will get them replaced soon
Not sure if I can find a reproduction control panel overlay or monitor bezel as this was a Gorf cabinet originally from what I have been told. But that's the way it goes a lot of the time it seems.

#4027 1 year ago
Quoted from scootss:

Could you elaborate on this? For some reason I thought point blank wasn't compatible with A51/MF/Lethal/Etc.

I have the boards, just not used them yet. I have the guns too from cabs I pulled them from to make them back into SFII CE's .. your probably right, I cant reuse the atari guns. If its the case, I will jamma switcher them and attach 4 guns to my cab.

I think I can run with carnevil in my atari cab as it has an option for happ 45's, but i have a dedicated carneivel with the shotguns, so its a spare board.

Quoted from Cookie2004:

[quoted image]

it actually looks good in the gorf cab.. If I remember correctly the original gaplus control panel overy was nothing special. the repo gaplus art looks better. Whats on your cab now, does not look bad..

#4028 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

If I remember correctly the original gaplus control panel overy was nothing special. the repo gaplus art looks better. Whats on your cab now, does not look bad..

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#4029 1 year ago

That’s actually the reproduction art which is far better than the original art. This flyer is the original art. Generic control panel and generic bezel.

B743527A-1797-4250-AC10-C18D4C5ADCD0 (resized).pngB743527A-1797-4250-AC10-C18D4C5ADCD0 (resized).png

#4030 1 year ago

but the original marquee glass is amazing. I wish that I would have purchased a repro and kept the original in the one that I had and sold.

#4031 1 year ago

Hello there!
This came up in a local group last night for $600 and I couldn't resist. After looking at this pic more, that is obviously not the correct cpo. Cab looks flakey I know, but this was my teenage mf jam.
Also not correct color joysticks or buttons. Anyone see anything else I should cry about?
Not a great deal but not a bad one either.

received_681355757123044 (resized).jpegreceived_681355757123044 (resized).jpeg
#4032 1 year ago

Just bought this. Surprised that Phoenix Arcade didn't have any MK stuff.

Screenshot_20230301-204822_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230301-204822_Chrome (resized).jpg
#4033 1 year ago

Goddammit. Just saw those buttons aren't configured correctly. What in the Sam Hell is goin on here?

#4034 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Hello there!
This came up in a local group last night for $600 and I couldn't resist. After looking at this pic more, that is obviously not the correct cpo. Cab looks flakey I know, but this was my teenage mf jam.
Also not correct color joysticks or buttons. Anyone see anything else I should cry about?
Not a great deal but not a bad one either.[quoted image]

Pretty cool and congratulations on the pickup. If it’s working and the monitor is in good shape, it looks like you are set for any of the MK trilogy you’d want to throw at it since your CP has the run button added. You could put a switcher in there and have all of the games.

While I was/am still more of a SF fan - MKII is such a masterpiece. Loved the glitch in the second revision where you could freeze lock an enemy using one of Sub Zero’s fatalities. If someone was trying to kick me off the machine would play as Shang Tsung and morph into Zero repeatedly keep them frozen until they would get pissed and say something or walk away and then quickly morph into another character and finish them while frozen. My favorite was Tsung>Zero (on repeat)>Tsung>Liu Kang into the dragon and bite them in half while frozen. Called it the dragoncicle.

This reminds me of an interesting thread over on KLOV at the moment where the enthusiasts who helped the Last of Us HBO show with the most recent episode go into great detail about how they got the games ready for the shoot. This includes putting an OLED TV mounted vertically in the MKII cab that they feature so it won’t flicker on camera. They then added scan line overlays and geometric distortion to the output to it to match the CRT. Putting an LCD didn’t look good enough to match the original black levels of the CRT which would flicker.

I mentioned in the Louisville Expo thread that I’m debating on transporting some games for play and potential sale as I’m doing some Spring cleaning in the garage. If I do end up going and they don’t sell, I’ll post the details here if anyone wants them. This includes a Tempest, an Asteroids Deluxe cocktail, a Centipede cocktail, a coin pusher, and some EM projects. I’ll update here when I make them available.

#4035 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Goddammit. Just saw those buttons aren't configured correctly. What in the Sam Hell is goin on here?

Your game housed an MKIII at some point in its life and the CP has the “run” button added for it.

Have you confirmed which PCB is inside?

While I have a love/hate relationship with MKIII (love the gameplay/hate the tone and SciFi changes to the series), if you plan on keeping it a dedicated MK cab and want the original trilogy - you may want to leave it… or just play MKI and/or II.

#4036 1 year ago

Also, that overlay in your pic is for an MKI with the traditional Street Fighter 6 button layout.

Here’s the stock 5 button layout for MK.

https://thisoldgame.com/shop/ols/products/mortal-kombat-cpo

#4037 1 year ago

THANK YOU!
Don't know anything about it but this pic, and he said it works. Boards recapped but this is all 3rd hand.
Appreciate the response man.

#4038 1 year ago

I'd like to keep it a MK 1. I'm gonna have to pick it up to know more.

#4039 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

THANK YOU!
Don't know anything about it but this pic, and he said it works. Boards recapped but this is all 3rd hand.
Appreciate the response man.

Glad to help. Let me know if you need any help… and if there are any other good games when you go to pick it up.

#4040 1 year ago

Dude really, thank you so much for all that info.

#4041 1 year ago

You should look into a multi board switcher, or go with a multi game board. Cab is drilled for mk3 or mk4. Mk3 board is worth a bit of coin, way more than a mk1, and probably equal to mk2. When you fire it up it might say cmos error.. just means the battery is dead on the pcb.. you can hit any button and game should boot to default.

If you’re going to buy an mk1 overlay. Here is where you want to shop.

https://thisoldgame.com/shop/ols/products/mortal-kombat-cpo

Also that spyhunter 2 in the bacground. man that guy saved one awful game..

#4042 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Hello there!
Not a great deal but not a bad one either.[quoted image]

Sick!!

#4043 1 year ago

Maybe I'll get lucky and it'll have all 3 boards. But if not, where do you guys recommend buying these boards and switcher?
Apologies, I have a few arcades but complete noob on them.
My Off Road was my 1st home arcade purchase in 2012 and *knock in wood* has been my strongest. Boots and plays every time. Feel lucky for that one.

#4044 1 year ago

It's also my only machine on coin drop. Which just makes it more perfect.
Best sound in the world. Well....close lol.

#4045 1 year ago
Quoted from jedimastermatt:

While I was/am still more of a SF fan - MKII is such a masterpiece. Loved the glitch in the second revision where you could freeze lock an enemy using one of Sub Zero’s fatalities. If someone was trying to kick me off the machine would play as Shang Tsung and morph into Zero repeatedly keep them frozen until they would get pissed and say something or walk away and then quickly morph into another character and finish them while frozen. My favorite was Tsung>Zero (on repeat)>Tsung>Liu Kang into the dragon and bite them in half while frozen. Called it the dragoncicle.
ailable.

Dude I don't remember this but I CANT WAIT to try it ha.

#4046 1 year ago

JFC I really posted a pic of the machine, then bought the wrong shit for it, then immediately bragged on my idiocracy.

#4047 1 year ago
Quoted from jedimastermatt:

This reminds me of an interesting thread over on KLOV at the moment where the enthusiasts who helped the Last of Us HBO show with the most recent episode go into great detail about how they got the games ready for the shoot. This includes putting an OLED TV mounted vertically in the MKII cab that they feature so it won’t flicker on camera. They then added scan line overlays and geometric distortion to the output to it to match the CRT. Putting an LCD didn’t look good enough to match the original black levels of the CRT which would flicker.

Oh that's nice, sounds interesting, have a link handy? I have a KLOV account but I'm not there much.

#4048 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

When you fire it up it might say cmos error.. just means the battery is dead

Don't worry Gryszzz knows all about dead batteries.

(Congrats buddy, MK cab is gonna be sick!)

#4049 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Don't worry Gryszzz knows all about dead batteries.
(Congrats buddy, MK cab is gonna be sick!)

Dude I miss those NE mfs so much. Love that whole crew GREAT DAY!

#4050 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Oh that's nice, sounds interesting, have a link handy? I have a KLOV account but I'm not there much.

https://forums.arcade-museum.com/threads/last-of-us-arcade-scene.518996/

There are 4,473 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 90.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-arcade-games-do-you-own/page/81 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.