20240401_120541.jpg
20240401_120549.jpg
Screenshot_20240402_133139_Facebook.jpg
IMG_2065 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2066 (resized).jpeg
20240313_195826 (resized).jpg
IMG_0071 (resized).JPG
IMG_0075 (resized).JPG
There are 4,473 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 90.
#3901 1 year ago
Quoted from mycarlooksfast:

Just moved my Neo Geo goldie downstairs with the pins so I (and my guests) would play it more and realized I haven't shown it off in this thread. I restored it a couple years ago and put a darksoft cartridge in it. I've never seen one in the wild, I think it's a pretty rare one.[quoted image]

NAM-1975 is still my favorite Neo Geo game.

#3902 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

my other objection is your disdain for paperboy. Its better than many games

Not to me. Zero desire to play it more than maybe once, every few years. No reason to keep something I won’t play. No reason to keep harping on anyone’s disdain for anything. Can you say Paperboy has great design with a straight face? I mean, the controls make the player feel handicapped.

I play pinball almost every day. Arcades, not nearly as much. Had nearly 300 games in the last 20 years. I only kept the games that have the most replay value for me. Nothing else really matters.

#3903 1 year ago

Everyone has their own opinions on EVERYTHING! That is why we each have our own distinct collections! I found a Baby-Pac Man in Niagara Falls! I might give it a try!?

#3904 1 year ago

I like pretty much all solid state pinball, but I find only early 80s arcade games appealing. It might have something to do with my age, or it might be because they are the best games ever.

#3905 1 year ago

I think a little of both!

Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:I like pretty much all solid state pinball, but I find only early 80s arcade games appealing. It might have something to do with my age, or it might be because they are the best games ever.

#3906 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I like pretty much all solid state pinball, but I find only early 80s arcade games appealing.

My mix on any given Thursday night when we're playing is this:

Two pairs of linked Astro Cities running some flavor of Street Fighter. Pretty much always have Third Strike running in one set, sometimes a second Third Strike setup, often Super Turbo on a Darksoft CPS2 multi that can be easily changed out for something like Alpha 2 or 3.

So early to late 90s fighting games.

IMG_0532 (resized).jpegIMG_0532 (resized).jpeg

I have a dedicated vertical cab (Konami Windy) for shmups. I keep that rotating regularly, right now it's running DoDonPachi DaiOuJou. I have some really good shmup players who like the challenging titles.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

Then I have a Neo Candy 29 with a 2 player panel for running whatever I feel like. Neo Geo games obviously, puzzle titles like Mr Driller, but lately people have been really feeling Tetris The Grandmaster so various versions of that have been a fixture for a while. I also have some good Tetris players.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

Then I keep a pair of Vewlix Blue Diamonds for running modern games. I'll put Street Fighter 6 on them this June. They're not getting used a ton right now while we're waiting for the new hotness, SFV just not super popular on the way out.

IMG_0207 (resized).jpegIMG_0207 (resized).jpeg

The variety is about right I think. Fighting games are the focus, but I keep it mixed up on the side. Nothing has the longevity of playing other people one on one though.

#3907 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

My mix on any given Thursday night when we're playing is this:
Two pairs of linked Astro Cities running some flavor of Street Fighter. Pretty much always have Third Strike running in one set, sometimes a second Third Strike setup, often Super Turbo on a Darksoft CPS2 multi that can be easily changed out for something like Alpha 2 or 3.
So early to late 90s fighting games.
[quoted image]
I have a dedicated vertical cab (Konami Windy) for shmups. I keep that rotating regularly, right now it's running DoDonPachi DaiOuJou. I have some really good shmup players who like the challenging titles.
[quoted image]
Then I have a Neo Candy 29 with a 2 player panel for running whatever I feel like. Neo Geo games obviously, puzzle titles like Mr Driller, but lately people have been really feeling Tetris The Grandmaster so various versions of that have been a fixture for a while. I also have some good Tetris players.
[quoted image]
Then I keep a pair of Vewlix Blue Diamonds for running modern games. I'll put Street Fighter 6 on them this June. They're not getting used a ton right now while we're waiting for the new hotness, SFV just not super popular on the way out.
[quoted image]
The variety is about right I think. Fighting games are the focus, but I keep it mixed up on the side. Nothing has the longevity of playing other people one on one though.

So jealous, I've tried to get a Candy cab or 2 a few times, but have never seen a nice one for sale up here

#3908 1 year ago

Aurich,

I have a candy cab but the monitor suffers from pin cushion and I haven't been able to repair (two tech's have tried). Are all your candy cabs running original CRT monitors? I was thinking about swapping in a flat screen but have not yet made the call (not as concerned running a flat screen with newer games...would never do it with early 80's games).....

Cheers,

C.

#3909 1 year ago

I have Centipede, Joust, Pole Position, Moon Patrol and a multicade with 70k games. I had about 16 arcade machines but I let them go for space for my pinball

#3910 1 year ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Not to me. Zero desire to play it more than maybe once, every few years. No reason to keep something I won’t play. No reason to keep harping on anyone’s disdain for anything. Can you say Paperboy has great design with a straight face? I mean, the controls make the player feel handicapped.
I play pinball almost every day. Arcades, not nearly as much. Had nearly 300 games in the last 20 years. I only kept the games that have the most replay value for me. Nothing else really matters.

We all have our favorites. While Paperboy may be an awesome game it was never one that clicked for me and have never had a desire to own one. I'd much rather have my Asteroids Deluxe or Red Baron machines. Enjoy those a lot and they are two I won't sell. Not knocking Paperboy at all. It just isn't for everyone.

#3911 1 year ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

So jealous, I've tried to get a Candy cab or 2 a few times, but have never seen a nice one for sale up here

Just getting harder (and more expensive) to find now sadly. Unlike pinball it's a finite supply, they haven't been made in ages. Imagine Pinside if Stern had gone out of business and there was no JJP, or Spooky etc.

Southern California always been a hot spot for it though, we have the collectors and the ports for the importing to make it easier.

Quoted from cliff_clavin:

I have a candy cab but the monitor suffers from pin cushion and I haven't been able to repair (two tech's have tried). Are all your candy cabs running original CRT monitors?

Yes, all CRTs. I wouldn't put a flat screen LCD in mine, to me that would ruin the point of the cab. Rather just put an LCD on a table for people to play than pretend it belonged in the candy.

You don't have a location so I can't be that helpful, but I'd try Sharp or PNL, send them your chassis.

https://sharpimagerepair.com

http://www.pnlvideo.com

#3912 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Just getting harder (and more expensive) to find now sadly. Unlike pinball it's a finite supply, they haven't been made in ages. Imagine Pinside if Stern had gone out of business and there was no JJP, or Spooky etc.
Southern California always been a hot spot for it though, we have the collectors and the ports for the importing to make it easier.

Yes, all CRTs. I wouldn't put a flat screen LCD in mine, to me that would ruin the point of the cab. Rather just put an LCD on a table for people to play than pretend it belonged in the candy.
You don't have a location so I can't be that helpful, but I'd try Sharp or PNL, send them your chassis.

Another vote for sharp image repair, every game I own has been rebuilt or turned up by them. They are the best. I’m lucky tho as I just drop my whole monitor off and it done in a couple days.

#3913 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Thanks for the advice. I am in Canada but get out to Las Vegas a few times a year. I wonder if the chassis can go in my carry on? Think the X-ray attendants will freak out?

Cheers

C.

#3914 1 year ago

You could post it to them and so it’s done when you arrive and just bring it back with you.

#3915 1 year ago
Quoted from Junkhauler:

I love 720.... mounted my old school Skateboard from back in the day to the back of mine.... Skate or Die!!!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice collection. I’d love to have a Marble Madness. Thanks for the idea….I might be putting an old deck on the back of my 720.

#3916 1 year ago

Xenophobe, Bad Dudes, Robocop, Die Hard, Area 51/Maximum Force Combo, Commando, Neo Geo 4 slot, Narc, Terminator 2, RaidenDX, Raiden Jet Fighters 2, Ms Pac-Man.
A575C11F-AC5D-4C68-913D-E9EEAE635996 (resized).jpegA575C11F-AC5D-4C68-913D-E9EEAE635996 (resized).jpeg
D6E28AD3-1C66-4DC2-83BF-F792E517770E (resized).jpegD6E28AD3-1C66-4DC2-83BF-F792E517770E (resized).jpeg
Others are in the garage.

#3917 1 year ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

We all have our favorites. While Paperboy may be an awesome game it was never one that clicked for me and have never had a desire to own one. I'd much rather have my Asteroids Deluxe or Red Baron machines. Enjoy those a lot and they are two I won't sell. Not knocking Paperboy at all. It just isn't for everyone.

agreed. vectors over paperboy, but paperboy with properly adjust controls is fine in my game room. I dont want to say bad things about other peoples games, but look at the lineup pb blank posted above. I would only keep neo geo, area 51, and the alien multi?(Never seen that one before). The others, mean nothing to me other than spare parts. but to him, they might be his grail games. I like space lords, crazy climber, ripoff, solar quest, space duel and black widow. Others might not. thats what makes this hobby fun.

#3918 1 year ago

Yea mine are mostly nostalgia grabs. I’m also going through and fixing them up. The custom Alien cab is one I put together. It’s a shooter cab with a ton of arcade titles on mame and Gins4IR.

Even if I’m not into the specific titles in others collections, I still love seeing the collections, and gameroom set ups.

#3919 1 year ago

Generic question for the arcade folks. If I were to buy something like a Galaga or a Playchoice 10, is there any reason why it would be a bad idea to transport it in the back of a van or SUV laying on its back, or should these only be transported upright. Not there yet, but doing my research. Thanks!

#3920 1 year ago

I transport mine laying down. I pull the board set out when I pick them up. I would think that the only issue would be the monitor?

#3921 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Generic question for the arcade folks. If I were to buy something like a Galaga or a Playchoice 10, is there any reason why it would be a bad idea to transport it in the back of a van or SUV laying on its back, or should these only be transported upright. Not there yet, but doing my research. Thanks!

As long as you check any hardware/monitor is secured on inside of cab before you lay it down you'll be fine.

#3922 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

As long as you check any hardware/monitor is secured on inside of cab before you lay it down you'll be fine.

More important is to carefully check it when you get home. When moving lying down I'm always surprised just how many hidden quarters show up. They can end up shorting across tabs on power bricks or on PCB's. Just triple check for anything that was loose and could short out things in the cabinet!

#3923 1 year ago

I transport this way all the time. Oftentimes, I will find things missing that make laying the game down problematic. Check to make sure the monitor is still bolted to the cabinet. There is also some sort of a bezel brace that needs to be present in most games which keeps the glass stationary. Make sure all the boards are secured (including the transformer) and remove the coin box for travel. Once everything checks out, you are good to go.

#3924 1 year ago

before you tip it:
1: make sure the monitor is mounted correctly as well as monitor chassis.
2: pick up all loose items in bottom of cab before you tip it if you can.
3: secure or remove cash box and or coin mechs. they can fall
4: secure the power cord You will tear it up when you tip it and slide it in. (maybe stick it in the cabinet)
5: make sure game boards, power supply and transformer are secured.

when you get home:
1: make sure nothing new has fallen down.
2: make sure nothing fell into the transformer (Once had a quarter bridge the fuses in a battlezone)
3: since you mentioned playchoice 10, make sure the carts have not come loose before you power it up.

#3925 1 year ago

I have to admit, I'd like to have one of these just because they're not very common. This is one of only two I have ever seen.
628E649D-7F7B-4C08-8AA6-9634C1F54DB0_1_105_c (resized).jpeg628E649D-7F7B-4C08-8AA6-9634C1F54DB0_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
This one was/is at Arcade 1984 in Springfield MO. (2017)

#3926 1 year ago

In case nobody has mentioned it, Who'd like to have one of these?FD9D2348-D9BE-4C2C-9368-53CA6728A18A_1_105_c (resized).jpegFD9D2348-D9BE-4C2C-9368-53CA6728A18A_1_105_c (resized).jpeg

#3927 1 year ago

So I had a great conversation yesterday with one of the owners of Retroarcade for the new Ice Cold Beer/Zekes Peak reproductions being made. I decided to call directly because their website said they would be selling direct to operators and established collectors. Well that is not the case and they still need to update their website. They have chosen to go through distribution exclusively. The first run of 500 is all Ice Cold Beer machines and they start shipping in a few weeks. After the first run another run of 1000 with a combo of Zekes Peaks will be made. Timeframe around end of May-June?

I have to say I was really impressed with our conversation and you can tell the passion that has gone into this project. The enthusiasm explaining the features and development was contagious. My juices got flowing with all the juicy details. Full 7 layer 3/4 plywood cabinet(bullet proof), recreated screened art, redesigned cabinet, powerful stepper motors, and best of all new additions to code with added features. One feature may be to battle each other with multiple machines(more details to come). I also picked his brain on future projects and one project has me excited for the future(don't want to spill any beans). I am of German descent and have always wanted a Zekes Peak. I kept kicking the can down the road as the prices shot upwards. Reminds me of Adams Family and how I should have bought five years ago(back when I thought it was overpriced). So retail msrp is $5499.00 and there are currently around 15 or so distributors on the list. There is also talk about toppers/beacons, etc. I am super jazzed and the owner sold me instantly with his positive attitude and great presentation. I officially am pulling the trigger on a Zekes Peak and I am stoked! Now I may need to find an Oktoberfest to pair with it
https://retroarcaderemake.com/

Zekes Peak (resized).jpgZekes Peak (resized).jpg
#3928 1 year ago

Take a look at this sexy beast...makes me want to get a dedicated IJ

Custom IJ arcade art (resized).jpgCustom IJ arcade art (resized).jpg
#3929 1 year ago
Quoted from PBlank:

Xenophobe, Bad Dudes, Robocop, Die Hard, Area 51/Maximum Force Combo, Commando, Neo Geo 4 slot, Narc, Terminator 2, RaidenDX, Raiden Jet Fighters 2, Ms Pac-Man.

What is that Aliens gun custom?-looks badass

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3930 1 year ago

I’ve transported hundreds on their backs.
Never had an issue
Make sure they don’t slam on their back or are sliding around. As long as they lay flat they are fine.
I prefer to move them that way

#3931 1 year ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

I have to admit, I'd like to have one of these just because they're not very common. This is one of only two I have ever seen.
[quoted image]
This one was/is at Arcade 1984 in Springfield MO. (2017)

Not really that rare. Most collectors didn't want them due to 4 player vs 2 player capability. Usually commands about 60% of what the 4 player does.

#3932 1 year ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

In case nobody has mentioned it, Who'd like to have one of these?[quoted image]

Now that? That is a huge, highly collectable monster. Fun as hell but an absolute nightmare to move. Had one. And my back still hurts from moving it in 15 years ago.

#3933 1 year ago

I like the odd ball stuff. It is fun seeing adults go for a ride.

104_1719 (resized).JPG104_1719 (resized).JPG
#3934 1 year ago
Quoted from rod90:

I like the odd ball stuff. It is fun seeing adults go for a ride.
[quoted image]

There’s another version of it that’s let’s just say is a little more inappropriate.

10F539A0-A562-4EE4-BEB2-7B2974ACB202 (resized).jpeg10F539A0-A562-4EE4-BEB2-7B2974ACB202 (resized).jpeg
#3935 1 year ago
Quoted from Coindork:

There’s another version of it that’s let’s just say is a little more inappropriate. [quoted image]

That version is definitely creepy. Mine is capable of being ridden by an adult. That does not mean that it is comfortable.

#3936 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

What is that Aliens gun custom?-looks badass [quoted image]

Yup. 160ish shooter games on there. Uses Gun4IR.

#3937 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Take a look at this sexy beast...makes me want to get a dedicated IJ
[quoted image]

I think it’s creative, but a bit much. I think the front kick art takes it to a bit much. Thankfully it does not have some hideous colored t molding.

If you need motivation to get an Indy pin, then you probably don’t deserve to own one.

#3938 1 year ago
Quoted from robotron911:

Not really that rare. Most collectors didn't want them due to 4 player vs 2 player capability. Usually commands about 60% of what the 4 player does.

The cool feature of the 2 player gauntlet is it allows you to play any of the 4 characters from player 1 or player 2.

#3939 1 year ago
Quoted from robotron911:

If it's not so rare, why are they rarely seen?
And it's not about what other collectors want or how much the resale value is, it's about what I want.

Quoted from Mrbill:

The cool feature of the 2 player gauntlet is it allows you to play any of the 4 characters from player 1 or player 2.

Yes! I really don't understand Why Atari didn't do that with the Original Gauntlet four player game.

#3940 1 year ago

I would like to find an original bezerk. Im in the Pittsburgh area..PM ME if you want to sell one..have many great trades also

#3941 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

If you need motivation to get an Indy pin, then you probably don’t deserve to own one.

No motivation needed, not that good of a game play wise plus I have it on MAME. Really just commenting on the art which is cool as hell. One thing I have learned is just because it is rare-does not make it a game good. I have been offered some smoking deals on rare games but when the game play is no fun for me -what is the point? Passed on two IJ's, Qix, Bubbles Duramold, and a really nice Krull.

#3942 1 year ago
Quoted from PBlank:

Yup. 160ish shooter games on there. Uses Gun4IR

Wow looks amazing, I would be interested in one of those for sure

#3943 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

No motivation needed, not that good of a game play wise plus I have it on MAME. Really just commenting on the art which is cool as hell. One thing I have learned is just because it is rare-does not make a game good. I have been offered some smoking deals on rare games but when the game play is no fun for me -what is the point? Passed on two IJ's, Qix, Bubbles Duramold, and a really nice Krull.

While I disagree on the gameplay - think it's one of the better System 1 games with a definite learning curve. Indiana Jones is not that uncommon of a game; Peter Pack Rat (belch) and Roadrunner are more on the rarer side on that platform.

Man, I would love to have a Krull. Love the art package alone!

#3944 1 year ago
Quoted from Schusler:

Roadrunner are more on the rarer side on that platform.

Man, I would love to have a Krull. Love the art package alone!

Yes currently hunting for a Road Runner and I don't like the custom art one on KLOV(hoping to find a nice survivor). I will admit I should have at least bought Qix and Krull and used them as trade bait-oh well. IJ is fun but super repetitive for me, I go back every once in awhile for nostalgia.

Still hunting for 2 player Ivan, Nintendo Playchoice w gun set up, and a stand up Enduro Racer if anyone has any leads.

#3945 1 year ago

Switched over to gobbling up some retro arcades recently.

952AF109-0F30-416D-BE36-E1C5E671D6AC (resized).jpeg952AF109-0F30-416D-BE36-E1C5E671D6AC (resized).jpegFA889CE8-8403-4A0E-8DAF-3A99D36FF234 (resized).jpegFA889CE8-8403-4A0E-8DAF-3A99D36FF234 (resized).jpeg
#3946 1 year ago
Quoted from Gman3:

Switched over to gobbling up some retro arcades recently.

Can we be friends?

What is that Midway redemption game?

#3947 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Can we be friends?
What is that Midway redemption game?

Addams Family Values

runs off WPC 95 Board Set. Most were destroyed by operators to steal the boards out to fix pins.

#3948 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

No motivation needed, not that good of a game play wise plus I have it on MAME. Really just commenting on the art which is cool as hell. One thing I have learned is just because it is rare-does not make it a game good. I have been offered some smoking deals on rare games but when the game play is no fun for me -what is the point? Passed on two IJ's, Qix, Bubbles Duramold, and a really nice Krull.

2 of those games are not rare, 2 are. of the 4, qix and bubbles are the only good games (IMHO). Passing on a bubbles was a mistake. not an easy find and a fun game.

I think this version on indy full art looks better. Fits the collection better too.

https://i0.wp.com/arcadeheroes.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/atarisystemi.jpg?ssl=1

images2 (resized).jpgimages2 (resized).jpg
index (resized).jpgindex (resized).jpg

#3949 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

2 of those games are not rare, 2 are. of the 4, qix and bubbles are the only good games (IMHO). Passing on a bubbles was a mistake.
I think this version on indy full art looks better. Fits the collection better too.

https://i0.wp.com/arcadeheroes.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/atarisystemi.jpg?ssl=1

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

#3950 1 year ago

Sometimes, rare is awesome.

20230129_135102 (resized).jpg20230129_135102 (resized).jpg
There are 4,473 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 90.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-arcade-games-do-you-own/page/79 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.