20240401_120541.jpg
20240401_120549.jpg
Screenshot_20240402_133139_Facebook.jpg
IMG_2065 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2066 (resized).jpeg
20240313_195826 (resized).jpg
IMG_0071 (resized).JPG
IMG_0075 (resized).JPG
There are 4,473 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 90.
#3251 2 years ago
Quoted from xt101:

It is nice to see someone is worried about that...But it is in good hands, I am making a new cab for it...But to not waste the cab, it will be converted when this is over.

I always ask people when I sell them a rare or slightly rare game what they are going to do with it. Sometimes its multigame. Then I push them towards something like a dynamo hs1 and its actually better for them.

The cab looks fine to me, but if your going to build a new one, thats up to you. Its your game. I would rather have a game with 90% art than a a reproduction, but that just me.. Good luck with the project!

#3252 2 years ago

You are not wrong, and I am really not excited about chopping it up anyway, I may reconsider...But in the spirit of this 6 year old thread, I do also have a few other machines, and generally build a dozen or so at a time...This one is next into the shop...

Screenshot_20210509-053043_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210509-053043_Gallery (resized).jpg
#3253 2 years ago
Quoted from xt101:

It is nice to see someone is worried about that...But it is in good hands, I am making a new cab for it...But to not waste the cab, it will be converted when this is over.
[quoted image]

That Red Baron cabinet looks nicer than several I’ve seen. Is that not going to be restored or cleaned up as a survivor? Or are you just going to make a fresh reproduction cabinet? It is rarer than Battlezone and other vector games. It’s also a great game and one that I’ve never seen emulated properly. The only way to play it the way it should be is in the dedicated cabinet.

I found an intact survivor that I fixed and have running well. Just want to find a better step for the front but that is a separate piece and same as Battlezone.

Red Baron was a favorite back when it came out and is one of the few dedicated games I consider a permanent collection piece.

If you or anyone else finds an extra front step assembly in nice shape that is the last piece I need to wrap mine up.

#3254 2 years ago

Just got this delivered! I know its not the most popular game, but I am a fan. Very happy to have it in my collection!

08D3534A-086D-4FF8-A0DE-1703E72F74BC (resized).jpeg08D3534A-086D-4FF8-A0DE-1703E72F74BC (resized).jpeg
#3255 2 years ago
Quoted from SpyroFTW:

Just got this delivered! I know its not the most popular game, but I am a fan. Very happy to have it in my collection!
[quoted image]

Love me some Joust! Fun game!

#3256 2 years ago

That Joust looks like a nice machine friend, thinking it was freshly stenciled judging by the fresh color (wink).

#3257 2 years ago
Quoted from henrydwh:

Love me some Joust! Fun game!

It’s a joust 2. Not as good as the original joust in my opinion but a much rarer game.

#3258 2 years ago
Quoted from cliff_clavin:

It’s a joust 2. Not as good as the original joust in my opinion but a much rarer game.

I guess I should have looked closer! Never really played joust 2

#3259 2 years ago
Quoted from henrydwh:

I guess I should have looked closer! Never really played joust 2

Not many people have played Joust 2. I never saw one in the wild growing up. I have played on the computer, but its not the same. Now I get to play the real thing. I understand its not everyone’s cup of tea, but its nice to have the set. I would completely agree that its not a good as the original, but still fun IMO.

#3260 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

but open face battle zone is not fun.

I would disagree with that. I had it, sold it, and had to have it back.

#3261 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

dont kill a red barron! the boardset is different from battlezone, so its not a rom change. it does have the right wiring. but open face battle zone is not fun. If you were in the bay area, I have a project battlezone in in storage (Periscope version).

If you have the boardset, it can definitely be made whole again.

#3262 2 years ago
Quoted from xt101:

You are not wrong, and I am really not excited about chopping it up anyway, I may reconsider...But in the spirit of this 6 year old thread, I do also have a few other machines, and generally build a dozen or so at a time...This one is next into the shop...

Dear God.... did Aliens just throw up on that thing??

#3263 2 years ago

Alien puke, Thats funny, just snorted coffee out my nose, Ha...Thats actually fire damage, I have done more of those than I care to admit, Secretly they are quite easy to do since it has seen so much trauma, a few taps with a rubber mallet and templates made to order, the Hs2 was ugly however and being a pin cost a small fortune to do...Red Baron flight sticks are really hard to source parts for anymore, (Food Fight used same analog stick with different shaft) and the board set, Omg not a project for faint hearted...But luckily Battlzone had higher production numbers (Although the Aux boards are NOT the same) and they used different power supplies (Asteroids Deluxe fits R/B) and a perfect conversion for that cab because they are actually the same thing with different art...I like Battle zone too, Just saying

#3264 2 years ago
Quoted from xt101:

Alien puke, Thats funny, just snorted coffee out my nose, Ha...Thats actually fire damage, I have done more of those than I care to admit, Secretly they are quite easy to do since it has seen so much trauma, a few taps with a rubber mallet and templates made to order, the Hs2 was ugly however and being a pin cost a small fortune to do...Red Baron flight sticks are really hard to source parts for anymore, (Food Fight used same analog stick with different shaft) and the board set, Omg not a project for faint hearted...But luckily Battlzone had higher production numbers (Although the Aux boards are NOT the same) and they used different power supplies (Asteroids Deluxe fits R/B) and a perfect conversion for that cab because they are actually the same thing with different art...I like Battle zone too, Just saying

The parts are out there for that Red Baron. A boardset just sold for $300. Considered snagging it as a backup but mine it running ok.

As far at the Joystick parts those are out there. I rebuilt mine. There is a guy on Facebook that normally makes reproduction wiring harnesses also recreated many of the joystick parts out of aluminum.

There is a you tube series where someone started with a hacked Red Baron cabinet and built a game out of pieces.

Definitely should be put back together or get it to someone else who really would like to own an original.

#3265 2 years ago

And one of the lords of Klov can repair the Red Baron boards to new.
He did 2 of my Battlezone board sets and the results are beyond amazing.

#3266 2 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Wow, great job! I’m dying to do that project! I may reach out in the future to ask a few questions on the setup... curious if you have the ability to add older mame shooters as well?revolution x, t2 and such

Yeah it is technically a Pandora's box running on a Windows XP PC. And the game roms and isos a

Quoted from SpyroFTW:

[quoted image]

Sweet! I'd switch it to a joust and keep the board. Joust is one of the best 2 player classic games.

#3267 2 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Yeah it is technically a Pandora's box running on a Windows XP PC. And the game roms and isos a

Sweet! I'd switch it to a joust and keep the board. Joust is one of the best 2 player classic games.

Except one is a horizontal game while the other is vertical.

#3268 2 years ago

I've got 6 hack bobo SMB arcades on route but the customers love them.
Godbless 19 in 1 boards!

#3269 2 years ago
Quoted from HFK:

Except one is a horizontal game while the other is vertical.

Rotate the monitor.

#3270 2 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Rotate the monitor.

Why do this when I already own a Joust cab? I now have both!

#3271 2 years ago

Picked this up on a road trip.....
The wife was sooooo proud of me
Been looking for one for years.....

20210510_181730 (resized).jpg20210510_181730 (resized).jpg20210512_185254 (resized).jpg20210512_185254 (resized).jpg
#3272 2 years ago

Nice Out Run!!

#3273 2 years ago
Quoted from Junkhauler:

Picked this up on a road trip.....
The wife was sooooo proud of me
Been looking for one for years.....
[quoted image][quoted image]

Good looking space!
Nothing like making a game room in West Texas

#3274 2 years ago

Man that Atari Race Drivin is awesome!

I have some really fond memories of playing that game when it first came out. Entering the dark blacklight lit arcade of Tilt back in the day and sitting down to play that game for the first time was magical. It really was state of the art for it's time and I can still remember driving the cars through the 'loops'. Sorry for the flashback jibber jabber-those were the days.

#3275 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I have some really fond memories of playing that game when it first came out. Entering the dark blacklight lit arcade of Tilt back in the day and sitting down to play that game for the first time was magical. It really was state of the art for it's time and I can still remember driving the cars through the 'loops'. Sorry for the flashback jibber jabber-those were the days.

My memory is that the game was super hard...something about the steering...car was very twitchy and always crashing. Or maybe I was just terrible!

#3276 2 years ago

Behold my home use only Ms. Pacman. Completely unrestored. Never on location. Never touched-up with matching numbers.

IMG_1392 (resized).jpgIMG_1392 (resized).jpgIMG_1393 (resized).jpgIMG_1393 (resized).jpg

#3277 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Love to play that one again. The arcade I worked at as a teen had a sit down version. Got to play it for free all day! First game I remember costing dollar to play. Most games then were still a quarter. Love how it had a clutch pedal and realistic shifter. Learned the basics of driving a manual on that thing.

#3278 2 years ago

Donkey Kong (Remix kit installed)
Donkey Kong JR (Remix kit installed)
Q-Bert
Pole Position II sit down
Mrs PacMan
Jr Pacman (speed mod installed)
Pac Plus
Mortal Kombat (arcade1up...yeah yeah i know)
Arknoid
Arknoid II revenge of Doh
Asteroids Deluxe
Afterburner
60n1
RasberryPi Arcade
Pandora's box fighting arcade (streetfighter themed)

#3279 2 years ago

Anyone feel like their Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom is taking up space in their collection?

#3280 2 years ago

Ice Cold Beer
Moon Patrol
Qbert
Zekes Peak

#3281 2 years ago

Had a friend make me a really cool portable gaming console(cheap) and thought I would share. I have been cracking out on it-it has like 20,000 games with most of the most popular platforms. Looking forward to taking it on camping/road trips.

Anbernic RG351P
https://www.anbernic.com/

Anbernic 351P (resized).pngAnbernic 351P (resized).png
#3282 2 years ago

For those of you who have cocktail cabinets in their collection…..what stools do you use? I need a set and all of the adjustable ones don’t go low enough.
Any pics/links would be helpful!
Thanks

#3283 2 years ago

We have these, no padding but we like them. Also have a padded Dig Dug stool but it’s a little taller.

https://www.recroommasters.com/cocktail-arcade-stools-p/rm-arc-stools.htm

23CF2E76-5933-4D56-8C3A-49E50A1EE8AA (resized).jpeg23CF2E76-5933-4D56-8C3A-49E50A1EE8AA (resized).jpeg
#3284 2 years ago

They also have these which are kinda cool

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
#3285 2 years ago
Quoted from alexmogil:

Finished a Crystal Castles that needed decaling. Primed, sanded, painted, sanded, and dry installed a special-order decal set from Escape Pod. This is one of the official conversion kits from Missile Command that Atari sold. I have always loved Crystal Castles!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice! I have the exact same converted machine. It was the first coin op machine that I ever bought back in 2001.

#3286 2 years ago
Quoted from TAVsPlace:

We have these, no padding but we like them. Also have a padded Dig Dug stool but it’s a little taller.
https://www.recroommasters.com/cocktail-arcade-stools-p/rm-arc-stools.htm[quoted image]

Pretty cool thanks!

1 week later
#3287 2 years ago

Anyone has an original jr pac man? How do you like it? Is it fun? Worth the purchase?

Should i invest more in a mr or mrs instead?

#3288 2 years ago

Wanna trade for a pinball? Looking for a 60 in 1

Machine - For Sale
Partially shopped/refurbished - “I got this game in a trade and it was in bad shape. The playfield has a small amount of ware but cleaned up nicely and I covered the spots with some mylar. It was a good Pandemic P...”
2021-05-29
Folsom, PA
Archived after: 8 days
Viewed: 247 times

#3289 2 years ago

New toy to play with today!
Thx brobra !

FE7E8F66-CF12-40B2-9145-EE66142DA75E (resized).jpegFE7E8F66-CF12-40B2-9145-EE66142DA75E (resized).jpeg
#3290 2 years ago
0F1BF9E5-79E4-4B26-A163-0A520A7BCDCF (resized).jpeg0F1BF9E5-79E4-4B26-A163-0A520A7BCDCF (resized).jpegC1B02FA1-C487-4A21-A8B3-C9322145753F (resized).jpegC1B02FA1-C487-4A21-A8B3-C9322145753F (resized).jpeg
#3291 2 years ago

Atari Star Wars, Q*bert, Centipede, Donkey Kong Jr., Playchoice 10 (dual monitor), Rampart, Crystal Castles (cocktail) & Nintendo VS. Red Tent.

#3292 2 years ago
E42BFE3C-F8FE-426B-84AD-239DC409E77A (resized).jpegE42BFE3C-F8FE-426B-84AD-239DC409E77A (resized).jpeg
#3293 2 years ago

I have a X-men 4 player plays all Konami games and more. Looking to trade for a space station , high speed , pinbot etc.

#3294 2 years ago

Recently added “The Great One” to my original Midway cabinet lineup.

B2B8E2BF-7503-4BB7-B5E5-95E25AD1A1CE (resized).jpegB2B8E2BF-7503-4BB7-B5E5-95E25AD1A1CE (resized).jpegEB40DBA0-053A-435B-9B69-A4F4FD7C0E4A (resized).jpegEB40DBA0-053A-435B-9B69-A4F4FD7C0E4A (resized).jpeg
#3295 2 years ago
Quoted from Paseb:

Anyone has an original jr pac man? How do you like it? Is it fun? Worth the purchase?
Should i invest more in a mr or mrs instead?

a dedicated jr pac is extremely rare. Its going to cost you 3x-4x what a kit will cost you. So unless you like the look with the super size mappy type marquee, you might want to go for a kit. most kits are into super pac and pacman. Super pac uses a dc version of the pcb, the pac uses an ac version.

Its a good game, but I would recommend getting nice pac/ms pac. then buy mike doyles 96 in 1. then you can play all pacs and jr pac.

#3296 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

a dedicated jr pac is extremely rare. Its going to cost you 3x-4x what a kit will cost you. So unless you like the look with the super size mappy type marquee, you might want to go for a kit. most kits are into super pac and pacman. Super pac uses a dc version of the pcb, the pac uses an ac version.
Its a good game, but I would recommend getting nice pac/ms pac. then buy mike doyles 96 in 1. then you can play all pacs and jr pac.

Thx, after talking to a friend, it wasn’t original so i passed.

I will try to stick to mr\ ms

#3297 2 years ago
Quoted from mkk629:

insane, me gusta

#3298 2 years ago
Quoted from mkk629:

Very nice Open ice, owned one 15 years ago and miss it. It’s a blast to play when you have guests over. Very hard to find one now. All your missing is a nba jam.

#3299 2 years ago

Ice Cold Beer
Moon Patrol
Qbert
Zekes Peak

#3300 2 years ago
Quoted from OCP2:

Very nice Open ice, owned one 15 years ago and miss it. It’s a blast to play when you have guests over. Very hard to find one now. All your missing is a nba jam.

and NBA HangTime and ShowTime
He could convert the blitz to a SportsStation and have Blitz/ShowTime in the same cab. I've owned all of them, but Ive never even played Gretzky except on the N64 so I'm kinda jelly.

There are 4,473 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 90.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-arcade-games-do-you-own/page/66?hl=nascarrey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.