20240401_120541.jpg
20240401_120549.jpg
Screenshot_20240402_133139_Facebook.jpg
IMG_2065 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2066 (resized).jpeg
20240313_195826 (resized).jpg
IMG_0071 (resized).JPG
IMG_0075 (resized).JPG
There are 4,473 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 90.
#3151 3 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

Hello Everyone -
Just putting some feelers out there...I am offering my factory original Nintendo Radar Scope upright with 5 speaker slots for cash or for trade. For those who do not know the history, this was Nintendo's first true arcade cabinet sold in the U.S. Produced in Qty 3,000 in late 1979 in Japan and shipped over to Nintendo's warehouse in NJ, only 1,000 were sold. Nintendo had to scramble to come up with a new game to retrofit this commercial failure so they could sell the remaining units. Shigeru Miyamoto was brought in to come up with a game that could use the same cabinet, and as a result, Donkey Kong kits were factory retrofitted to the unsold Radar Scope cabinets and the rest is history.
So why just the feelers? If the market isn't there for this particular game today, I have no problem keeping it and installing a DK3 in it for the foreseeable future.
Why am I considering selling? That is simple...I have two!
Trades...right now I'm only really interested in a Rick and Morty pin (I would provide a cash equalizer).
PM me with questions and stay safe! I posted a few photos in the imgur link below. More photos available upon request.
- Original Red finish is unrestored and still has its rich color. Some minor bumps and bruises as expected with age.
- Original marquee, colors are vibrant with no visible fading
- Original bezel, with only minor surface scratches. No noticeable scratches are visible in the viewing area.
- Original Control Panel plastic overlay, with some minor cigarette burns and other minor imperfections
- Original Radar Scope two way joystick, has been fully rebuilt and cleaned
- Original PP7-A power supply unit has been recapped in the last year and is working as it should with optimal voltages
- Original black ISO transformer
- Original Asahi Seiko coin mechs
- Original 4 stack PCB has been recently serviced and is working as it should
- Original Sanyo monitor has a nice bright picture and no noticeable screen burn
- Original metal serial tag still intact
- Original operator’s manual included
- Original wiring harness installed
- Wood control panel, 1-player 2-player, fire buttons and holders, reg. sticker, and insert coin stickers are from Mike’s Arcade.
- Light fixture behind the marquee was replaced with a more efficient LED fixture
- New true flat T molding from Chomping Quarters
- New speaker included
- New Control panel harness by Tony Swann
- Minor restoration done to the metal accents (paint) and the back door was repainted black.
https://imgur.com/7XzgbpD
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Shes a beaut Clark! GLWS!

#3152 3 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

Hello Everyone -
Just putting some feelers out there...I am offering my factory original Nintendo Radar Scope upright with 5 speaker slots for cash or for trade. For those who do not know the history, this was Nintendo's first true arcade cabinet sold in the U.S. Produced in Qty 3,000 in late 1979 in Japan and shipped over to Nintendo's warehouse in NJ, only 1,000 were sold. Nintendo had to scramble to come up with a new game to retrofit this commercial failure so they could sell the remaining units. Shigeru Miyamoto was brought in to come up with a game that could use the same cabinet, and as a result, Donkey Kong kits were factory retrofitted to the unsold Radar Scope cabinets and the rest is history.
So why just the feelers? If the market isn't there for this particular game today, I have no problem keeping it and installing a DK3 in it for the foreseeable future.
Why am I considering selling? That is simple...I have two!
Trades...right now I'm only really interested in a Rick and Morty pin (I would provide a cash equalizer).
PM me with questions and stay safe! I posted a few photos in the imgur link below. More photos available upon request.
- Original Red finish is unrestored and still has its rich color. Some minor bumps and bruises as expected with age.
- Original marquee, colors are vibrant with no visible fading
- Original bezel, with only minor surface scratches. No noticeable scratches are visible in the viewing area.
- Original Control Panel plastic overlay, with some minor cigarette burns and other minor imperfections
- Original Radar Scope two way joystick, has been fully rebuilt and cleaned
- Original PP7-A power supply unit has been recapped in the last year and is working as it should with optimal voltages
- Original black ISO transformer
- Original Asahi Seiko coin mechs
- Original 4 stack PCB has been recently serviced and is working as it should
- Original Sanyo monitor has a nice bright picture and no noticeable screen burn
- Original metal serial tag still intact
- Original operator’s manual included
- Original wiring harness installed
- Wood control panel, 1-player 2-player, fire buttons and holders, reg. sticker, and insert coin stickers are from Mike’s Arcade.
- Light fixture behind the marquee was replaced with a more efficient LED fixture
- New true flat T molding from Chomping Quarters
- New speaker included
- New Control panel harness by Tony Swann
- Minor restoration done to the metal accents (paint) and the back door was repainted black.
https://imgur.com/7XzgbpD

Gorgeous, thank you for sharing

1 week later
#3153 3 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

A friend of mine has a DK in an a red original cabinet. He said it was a prototype. Is that what this is? Are all of the red cab DK's converted Radar Scopes?

#3154 3 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

A friend of mine has a DK in an a red original cabinet. He said it was a prototype. Is that what this is? Are all of the red cab DK's converted Radar Scopes?

He is wrong.

Yes...all red DKs were at one time Radar Scope games. Nintendo was very vigilant about removing all references to Radar scope (tags, stickers, anything that said TRS). A red DK your friend has is either 1) a factory converted DK from Radar Scope (TKG2 or TKG3) or he simply took a red cab and installed a donkey Kong kit in it. If the metal serial tag is still on it and is says TRS-UP-US it is one of the 1K that actually left the factory as radar scope.

To throw another one in there, Helifire was also produced in extremely limited quantities and the cab is red with a slightly different shape. There are less than a handful known in existence, and yes I have one of those (not for sale though).

B96FC2DF-6C6B-4BCC-A382-57AF967E5ED5 (resized).jpegB96FC2DF-6C6B-4BCC-A382-57AF967E5ED5 (resized).jpeg
#3155 3 years ago

Just got 3 arcades which are my first of what I hope will be 20 some machines:

Tempest
Spy Hunter
Stargate

#3156 3 years ago
Quoted from deeznuts:

Crossbow found. Wouldn't mind a nice operation wolf

Operation wolf found

#3157 3 years ago

Just picked up a Sinistar!

#3158 3 years ago
Quoted from Piratesque:

Just got 3 arcades which are my first of what I hope will be 20 some machines:
Tempest
Spy Hunter
Stargate

An arcade is a place to go play games. You got three full arcades?!?!?! Sorry, drives me bananas when I see it written like that. While technically "arcade machine" is also weird, it is more appropriate than arcades. Video games is the most appropriate label.

#3159 3 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

An arcade is a place to go play games. You got three full arcades?!?!?! Sorry, drives me bananas when I see it written like that. While technically "arcade machine" is also weird, it is more appropriate than arcades. Video games is the most appropriate label.

But don't you need the word "arcade" in there somewhere to differentiate them from home video games?

#3160 3 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

i have four arcades and 18 pinballs

And agree with you, drives me batty.

#3161 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

But don't you need the word "arcade" in there somewhere to differentiate them from home video games?

Do you call your games at home "Home Video Games" or do you just call them video games? An arcade, in this instance, is a place. So is a home. So you can say Home Video Games and Arcade Video Games. But what if the Arcade Video Game is not in an arcade, but actually in your home? *MIND BLOWN

Joking aside, I go by Console Video Games and Stand-Up Video games, arcade machines, or arcade games. Some can't handle the latter two terms given technicalities, but I'm ok with them.

#3162 3 years ago

just got 2 new worlds been searching for nice worlds for years now

#3163 3 years ago

What ever happend to just 'vids'? Is that term now out of style?

#3164 3 years ago

Working on a Crazy Taxi standup currently.

#3165 3 years ago

Only a few arcade game so far, Golden Tee 2021, a NFL Blitz 2p cabinet that’s been converted to mame (don’t judge, someone else ripped it out; I only rescued it) and just got a sweet StepManiaX. I’m pretty sure this NFL Blitz was a conversion from Killer Instinct from the painted over Rare logo on the side that is still visible. Would be nice to convert it back.

EEA60027-C7C2-4B62-8B7E-FD9D667C2C40 (resized).jpegEEA60027-C7C2-4B62-8B7E-FD9D667C2C40 (resized).jpeg

#3166 3 years ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

Only a few arcade game so far, Golden Tee 2021, a NFL Blitz 2p cabinet that’s been converted to make (don’t judge, someone else ripped it out; I only rescued it) and just got a sweet StepManiaX. I’m pretty sure this NFL Blitz was a conversion from Killer Instinct from the painted over Rare logo on the side that is still visible. Would be nice to convert it back.
[quoted image]

Wow that freaking thing looks awesome!!!

#3167 3 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

A red DK your friend has is either 1) a factory converted DK from Radar Scope (TKG2 or TKG3) or he simply took a red cab and installed a donkey Kong kit in it.

I know that this game came to him from a reputable collector, so it's very likely legit. He is much more a pin guy than a vid guy, so I'm sure this info will be enlightening to him too.

#3168 3 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I know that this game came to him from a reputable collector, so it's very likely legit. He is much more a pin guy than a vid guy, so I'm sure this info will be enlightening to him too.

The only other possibility is that the red cab he has is a Helifire (like the one I posted earlier). It would have the straight sides not curved...calling that one a prototype would also be incorrect as it was actually available to purchase from print ads.

Just ask him to check the serial tag in the back.

#3169 3 years ago

Anyone have a Hydrothunder or something in the driver category they would want to sell? Looking to add some variety

#3170 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Arcade Cab or Arcade Cabinet would be preferred terminology

#3171 3 years ago

GREMLIN TRAPSHOOT

20191020_095652 (resized).jpg20191020_095652 (resized).jpg
#3172 3 years ago
Quoted from Willys45:

GREMLIN TRAPSHOOT

BEST REPLY IN THE THREAD!

#3173 3 years ago
Quoted from joemagiera:

BEST REPLY IN THE THREAD!

One for sale in PHX right now(not mine) for 3k.

phoenix.craigslist.org link

I watched a YouTube video but still not clear on how you control this? One guy seemed to use garage door openers. Interesting for sure, never seen one before I saw this ad on CL.

#3174 3 years ago

Area 51 on his way. My 1st arcade.
Im getting a mk2 soon too.

E0C3D852-4264-46E3-B9DD-849CDFF1D054 (resized).jpegE0C3D852-4264-46E3-B9DD-849CDFF1D054 (resized).jpegF4AD16CF-32CA-4C1F-89F4-F6B3EFD0FAD7 (resized).jpegF4AD16CF-32CA-4C1F-89F4-F6B3EFD0FAD7 (resized).jpeg186E7BA6-24C8-4821-8FBC-F5DC5CA415A6 (resized).jpeg186E7BA6-24C8-4821-8FBC-F5DC5CA415A6 (resized).jpeg187EBA4C-0766-4AD8-B95A-2DC721E037CE (resized).jpeg187EBA4C-0766-4AD8-B95A-2DC721E037CE (resized).jpegE9E98E6B-9A97-4A48-B1D3-0195D708E5E5 (resized).jpegE9E98E6B-9A97-4A48-B1D3-0195D708E5E5 (resized).jpeg
#3175 3 years ago
Quoted from jalkelly:One for sale in PHX right now(not mine) for 3k. phoenix.craigslist.org link
I watched a YouTube video but still not clear on how you control this? One guy seemed to use garage door openers. Interesting for sure, never seen one before I saw this ad on CL.

Press once to lite up the blind (randomly chooses left, right or center) press a second time to fire. And yes, its only appropriate since i found this in a bar in Honolulu and had it shipped to WA you would have the cigarette burn on the controller!

20210327_142321 (resized).jpg20210327_142321 (resized).jpg20210327_142526 (resized).jpg20210327_142526 (resized).jpg
#3176 3 years ago
Quoted from jalkelly:

One for sale in PHX right now(not mine) for 3k.
phoenix.craigslist.org link

I have 2 baseball ones in storage. I think gremlin made 3 wall games(skeet shoot is 3rd). They essentially use a garage door opener. I think they are convertible to the other games.

They made a modern one that includes lcd display called home run classic.

#3177 3 years ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

I only rescued it) and just got a sweet StepManiaX.

Yeah... I tried that once.

dance dance.gifdance dance.gif

#3178 3 years ago

Picked me up a new gun. I hope it doesn't get banned.

IMG_0841 (resized).jpegIMG_0841 (resized).jpeg

#3179 3 years ago
Quoted from Paseb:

Area 51 on his way. My 1st arcade.

Check the boards, see if you can upgrade it to a Area 51 / Maximum force , 2 games in 1. They sell Flash drive kits on ebay so you don't have to worry about the hard drive dying.

#3180 3 years ago

I finally got the much needed CPO for my CarnEvil, after waiting for over 6 months for This Old Game to do another run. At a glance, the quality seems to be excellent. There is one more left for sale on their site if anyone else here needs one.

#3181 3 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Check the boards, see if you can upgrade it to a Area 51 / Maximum force , 2 games in 1. They sell Flash drive kits on ebay so you don't have to worry about the hard drive dying.

Previous owner did it.

Not a fan, since i wanted it original

Not sure i can revert back.

Is maximum force a good game?

#3182 3 years ago

Picked up my first Saturday(not counting a multicade) and all time favorite.

IMG_20210327_195705 (resized).jpgIMG_20210327_195705 (resized).jpgIMG_20210327_195636 (resized).jpgIMG_20210327_195636 (resized).jpgIMG_20210327_195650 (resized).jpgIMG_20210327_195650 (resized).jpgIMG_20210327_195604 (resized).jpgIMG_20210327_195604 (resized).jpg
#3183 3 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Picked me up a new gun. I hope it doesn't get banned.
[quoted image]

Nice find! It's hard to find the right colored guns for this one.

Chris

#3184 3 years ago
Quoted from Paseb:

Previous owner did it.
Not a fan, since i wanted it original
Not sure i can revert back.
Is maximum force a good game?

its more of the same, just lots more hidden rooms and secret modes. reverting back is easy, just get a regular area 51 HD/flash kit.

#3185 3 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Nice find! It's hard to find the right colored guns for this one.
Chris

Buddy (Doughslingers) is da' man!

#3186 3 years ago

Marble Madness, Agent X, Turkey Shoot, Q*bert, Q*bert's Qubes, Trapshoot, Mazer Blazer and 14 others (plus 7-8 pins, depending on how you count them in or out of the game room).

14 others by memory... Wacko, Millipede, Bubbles, Blaster, Black Widow, Missile Command, Major Havoc, I, Robot, Rampart, Quantum, Journey, Akka Arhh, Tempest, Food Fight.

Shameless 10 minute Sketch-up video tour here:

#3187 3 years ago
Quoted from AntennaMan:

Picked up my first Saturday(not counting a multicade) and all time favorite.

Love Missle Command. Trying to hunt down the cabaret version.

#3188 3 years ago
Quoted from joemagiera:

Marble Madness, Agent X, Turkey Shoot, Q*bert, Q*bert's Qubes, Trapshoot, Mazer Blazer and 14 others (plus 7-8 pins, depending on how you count them in or out of the game room).
14 others by memory... Wacko, Millipede, Bubbles, Blaster, Black Widow, Missile Command, Major Havoc, I, Robot, Rampart, Quantum, Journey, Akka Arhh, Tempest, Food Fight.

nice! Love my Black Widow.

Chris

#3189 3 years ago
Quoted from joemagiera:

Thats a machine I've overlooked, the Black Widow. Nice collection by the way!

#3190 3 years ago

Sinistar which is a prototype..burgertime ..pengo...gorf..Congo bongo..qbert..asteroids..missile command..nintendo playchoice 10 dual monitor...ms pac/Galaga 20th anniversary cabaret version..area 51/maximum force combo..pac man arcade party coctail..defender coctail..zaxxon coctail...atari baseball..ramtek soccer..birdie king 3..skins golf..bags...

20200411_172429 (resized).jpg20200411_172429 (resized).jpg20200523_151610 (resized).jpg20200523_151610 (resized).jpg20200611_200812 (resized).jpg20200611_200812 (resized).jpg20201218_165408 (resized).jpg20201218_165408 (resized).jpg
#3191 3 years ago
Quoted from Deerlakes6:

Sinistar which is a prototype..burgertime ..pengo...gorf..Congo bongo..qbert..asteroids..missile command..nintendo playchoice 10 dual monitor...ms pac/Galaga 20th anniversary cabaret version..area 51/maximum force combo..pac man arcade party coctail..defender coctail..zaxxon coctail...atari baseball..ramtek soccer..birdie king 3..skins golf..bags...

What’s up with the exposed bracket on the control panel of the Qbert? It looks like it is assembled wrong. Isn’t that the piece the control panel locks into? If so, it shouldn’t be visible at all if installed correctly.

#3192 3 years ago

Area 51 is finally home, so happy, good memories

#3193 3 years ago

I’m wrapping up getting a fairly rare Millipede cocktail up and running. It’s just about done. The board was sent out and gone through along with some new parts, locks, etc. A friend made me a new coin drawer front I need to install but it’s finished otherwise. Or anyone is interested, it will be for sale.

03EF9544-F906-4BFD-B1C2-19B7F0D67B75 (resized).jpeg03EF9544-F906-4BFD-B1C2-19B7F0D67B75 (resized).jpeg6732C6EA-6AA0-4440-9CCF-FA0B3A7AA73F (resized).jpeg6732C6EA-6AA0-4440-9CCF-FA0B3A7AA73F (resized).jpeg98BFECB2-02B5-4E80-8ADB-EE9FB3842602 (resized).jpeg98BFECB2-02B5-4E80-8ADB-EE9FB3842602 (resized).jpeg9B979E7D-62F4-4D89-B1AE-0ACC42276765 (resized).jpeg9B979E7D-62F4-4D89-B1AE-0ACC42276765 (resized).jpegB49595A7-C71D-4636-A2E9-99497C7F93BC (resized).jpegB49595A7-C71D-4636-A2E9-99497C7F93BC (resized).jpeg

Added over 3 years ago:

This is now sold.

#3194 3 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

I’m wrapping up getting a fairly rare Millipede cocktail up and running. It’s just about done. The board was sent out and gone through along with some new parts, locks, etc. A friend made me a new coin drawer front I need to install but it’s finished otherwise. Or anyone is interested, it will be for sale.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

If I may ask, who did you send the board to? I'd like to get my Millipede board checked out as it is having some sound and graphics issues.

Thank you

#3195 3 years ago

If I may ask, who did you send the board to? I'd like to get my Millipede board checked out as it is having some sound and graphics issues.
Thank you

andrewb on KLOV does them.

#3196 3 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

andrewb on KLOV does them.

ok great, I'll reach out to him.

Thanks!

Chris

1 week later
#3197 3 years ago

Super Chexx
NFL / NBA Showtime Gold combo
Indiana Jones Pachinko
Mame - which I find very clunky.

#3198 3 years ago

Got a good one coming soon, been in the hobby for over 4 years now and have not seen one up for sale. It’s true if you network in this hobby you will find what your looking for. Will post a video when it arrives on my YouTube channel.

77CDF70B-E4BE-4208-AFDD-883010B9DA04 (resized).jpeg77CDF70B-E4BE-4208-AFDD-883010B9DA04 (resized).jpeg
#3199 3 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Got a good one coming soon, been in the hobby for over 4 years now and have not seen one up for sale. It’s true if you network in this hobby you will find what your looking for. Will post a video when it arrives on my YouTube channel.
[quoted image]

Hmmmmm, can't seem to figure out what that one is. What is your YouTube channel link?

Thanks!
Chris

#3200 3 years ago

Hmmmmm, can't seem to figure out what that one is. What is your YouTube channel link?
Thanks!
Chris

It ships out next week and I’ll have a new video out shortly after.

There are 4,473 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 90.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-arcade-games-do-you-own/page/64?hl=antennaman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.