20240401_120541.jpg
20240401_120549.jpg
Screenshot_20240402_133139_Facebook.jpg
IMG_2065 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2066 (resized).jpeg
20240313_195826 (resized).jpg
IMG_0071 (resized).JPG
IMG_0075 (resized).JPG
There are 4,473 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 90.
#2301 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Does the Groove Coaster work okay offline? I've been learning how to deal with all the Konami e-Amusement network issues if you want to use their cabs in the US and it's definitely a pain the ass. Seems like everything expects a network these days.

I have read that a lot of the newer games need to be hacked, but my Groove Coaster works fine without a network connection. I just set it to free play when I first got it, and it worked without any fuss. The only negative is that it's not hooked into the Japanese servers so I can't access any of the online content, save my progress, unlock stuff etc ... I don't think this is possible, even with hacking, but I could be wrong.

My game appears to be running the stock Japanese arcade software. I have seen some Groove Coasters at cons running a newer English version of the software with everything unlocked. If you know anyone who can help me with that, I'd greatly appreciate the lead.

I'm currently looking for a nice Jubeat, but they are pretty hard to come by over here.

#2302 5 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I have a Tutankham..Sinistar... Popeye... 2 Daytona USA's linked..Asteroid cocktail...Lethal Enforcers and Ms Pacman I am restoring..
[quoted image][quoted image]

Tutankham & Sinistar 2 of my fav games!

Sinistar: "I live!"

#2303 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

My game appears to be running the stock Japanese arcade software. I have seen some Groove Coasters at cons running a newer English version of the software with everything unlocked. If you know anyone who can help me with that, I'd greatly appreciate the lead.
I'm currently looking for a nice Jubeat, but they are pretty hard to come by over here.

I don’t know anything about Taito’s security setup, just the Bemani stuff.

Our local importer gets Jubeats, if I see him get more I can let you know. Shipping will suck I’m sure, but where you are that’s life I guess heh. They need hacks to work even offline though.

#2304 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Our local importer gets Jubeats, if I see him get more I can let you know.

Are you referring to KC? If so, that's who I bought my Groove Coaster from.

#2305 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Are you referring to KC? If so, that's who I bought my Groove Coaster from.

Ah, figures heh.

#2306 5 years ago

These followed me home one day
2 x 80's wood grain low boys, one with a 19in1 and the other with 60in1
and a 2019in1 games family with all the classics from most eras.
When you don't have a lot of room or coin these are just firkin AWESOME!
Just added my own original marquees and control set up.
Next one will be a retro pie bartop or wall hanger?????????

ser - 1 (resized).jpgser - 1 (resized).jpg
#2307 5 years ago

Qbert
Ice Cold Beer
Playchoice 10 Duel Monitor

#2308 5 years ago

I recently added this... maintained these in the arcade I helped in a long time ago
only in Belgium

It's the only game not on freeplay in my gameroom haha

#2309 5 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

I recently added this...

That's awesome! I've always loved those horse racing machines you can bet on.

#2310 5 years ago

gweempose My friend was out at KC's yesterday to look at a Sound Voltex and he said he still has one Jubeat FYI.

#2311 5 years ago

Pac-Man with 6 Pac Mod, Frogger, Burgertime, Gyruss with 60 in 1, Centipede, Mario Bros, Hang On, and Rush the Rock sit down... I used to have more... lots more...

gr1 (resized).jpggr1 (resized).jpggr3 (resized).jpggr3 (resized).jpggr4 (resized).jpggr4 (resized).jpg

#2312 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

My arcade collection consists of a modest three games: A Taito Groove Coaster, a Nintendo R-Type, and an Arcade Legends with about 250 titles on it ...
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I am super intrigued about the groove coaster. I think I pm'ed you about it a while back but it just looks so cool. I bought a DDR a couple of months ago and thought it would just be kind of fun to mess around with but my wife loves it so much I am going restore it. Groove coaster looks like it could be similarly addictive.

Where do you get them and how much do they cost?

#2313 5 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

I am super intrigued about the groove coaster

Looks interesting to me but not sure how fun it would be long term? Seems like after playing a dozen times it may get old quick? Also not sure I could stand that Japanese music

#2314 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Looks interesting to me but not sure how fun it would be long term? Seems like after playing a dozen times it may get old quick? Also not sure I could stand that Japanese music

See I am the exact opposite, I am intrigued by all thinks Japanese. I love blinging lights and the crazy music. We recently bought a Japanese DDR and it was a huge hit. I am thinking this might be the same but not as intimidating, as some of our guests are not down to get on the DDR. I still need to research it more to find out how many different tracks/levels there are.

There is one I found for 2k. I don’t know what these usually go for?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

#2315 5 years ago

That game looks really cool too. Give up the deets, I'm intrigued myself.

#2316 5 years ago

Hold on to them hats and glasses I bought the groove coaster. Now the wild ride of getting to Nor Cal and seeing what is all about. My wife thinks I am on crack but sometimes it is just cool to buy something a little different.

#2317 5 years ago

IJ4 on the way out groove coaster and life size dead pool on the way in.

I am adding space to my game house and looking for some crazy shit if anyone has leads.

Basketball machine: only restriction is ceiling is only 105 inches high

Dart machine: looking for Galaxy 3 or fire dart machine.

Raw thrills jurassic Park. This will be the crown jewel of my new area.

#2318 5 years ago

I don't have any arcades yet, all I have is pins, but if someone wants to help me out and sell me their Ice Cold Beer or Zeke's Peak, that would be great!!

#2320 5 years ago

Retroelectronik is garbage, avoid it.

Parsec looks promising, he's building the 1.1 versions now, not sure how soon they'll be ready. Not a lot of real world feedback on it yet, but he seems to be doing things right.

If you want imo the best option (what I use personally) get on the HAS pre-order list here: https://homearcadesystem.wordpress.com/pre-order/ But it might be some months before you can get one.

It's a niche market, and the good options are hobbyist level projects, so you can't always get one fast. I'd be patient over getting crap though. Parsec is likely available before HAS though.

#2321 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Retroelectronik is garbage, avoid it.
Parsec looks promising, he's building the 1.1 versions now, not sure how soon they'll be ready. Not a lot of real world feedback on it yet, but he seems to be doing things right.
If you want imo the best option (what I use personally) get on the HAS pre-order list here: https://homearcadesystem.wordpress.com/pre-order/ But it might be some months before you can get one.
It's a niche market, and the good options are hobbyist level projects, so you can't always get one fast. I'd be patient over getting crap though. Parsec is likely available before HAS though.

Nice, thanks! I can wait for quality for sure...

I dont see it mentioned in the specs. Will this have -5v?

Also, does this run off an atx ps? (doesnt look like it). This was a plus in my book as I have a bunch of atx power supplies around.

#2322 5 years ago

Arcade power supplies are cheap. $25 and done. But yes, some will work fine with ATX. I don't know why but some supergun makers don't like ATX as much. I just use an arcade power supply. And yes, -5v is there.

#2323 5 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

I'm seeking a Soul Calibur 1 board if anyone has one.

I finally found one on a facebook group post!

#2324 5 years ago

Just recently completed a modest little restore on an original Aussie LAI cab (not dedicated). When i got the cab it had Digger decals on the side and the matching marquee but no game board. I had a nice Aero Fighters PCB hanging around so decided to do the cab up like this.

DSC03973 (resized).JPGDSC03973 (resized).JPGDSC03974 (resized).JPGDSC03974 (resized).JPGDSC03975 (resized).JPGDSC03975 (resized).JPGDSC03979 (resized).JPGDSC03979 (resized).JPG
1 week later
#2325 5 years ago

Scrolled through and was glad to see a handful of candy cab owners here. Currently all Taito myself, Egret 2, Egret 3, and a Vewlix. Will try to post a photo soon.

#2326 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Scrolled through and was glad to see a handful of candy cab owners here. Currently all Taito myself, Egret 2, Egret 3, and a Vewlix. Will try to post a photo soon.

Egret 2 is a nice cab.

I’m contemplating adding a couple Vewlixes to my cabs, but haven’t really talked myself into it. Harder to justify than CRT cabs as far as actually providing something. But I’d still like to link a couple.

#2327 5 years ago

I'm trying to find a Blast, Egret, Astro, Aero, etc in western Canada, easier said than done though. I've basically never seen one for sale up here except for some New Net Cities awhile back...

#2328 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Egret 2 is a nice cab.
I’m contemplating adding a couple Vewlixes to my cabs, but haven’t really talked myself into it. Harder to justify than CRT cabs as far as actually providing something. But I’d still like to link a couple.

Took me a long time to talk myself into it to, just got it this past fall. Have a X2 with all the games in there and have it set up to play a ps4 but I haven’t popped one in there yet. I kinda want another one to do vert since they are a huge pain to rotate but I think I’d rather have another pin at this point.

Actually you might get a kick out of it, my Vewlix is next to my Alien right now.

Quoted from tomdotcom:

I'm trying to find a Blast, Egret, Astro, Aero, etc in western Canada, easier said than done though. I've basically never seen one for sale up here except for some New Net Cities awhile back...

There is a guy on Ebay in China that usually has a hand full of astros and net cities and sometimes blasts. His store is down now for Chinese New Year but will be back up next week. Shipping isn’t cheap but if you get a few maybe it’d be worth it? I haven’t used him and some of the cabs looks dirty but they’re cheap. I’ll come back here and link when he is back online.

I got into candy cabs 10-11 years ago and had a bunch at one point, it’s wild to think everything was basically sub $500 then. I think I bought my first cab in 2008 for $400 and it was a pretty nice blast city.

#2329 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Took me a long time to talk myself into it to, just got it this past fall. Have a X2 with all the games in there and have it set up to play a ps4 but I haven’t popped one in there yet.

Oh nice, you're running the X2 multi over JVS?

Quoted from Pale_Purple:

have it set up to play a ps4 but I haven’t popped one in there yet

I'd just put a PC in. The Taito Type X stuff is cool, but honestly any game I'd want to run on it I already have on my PC, plus plenty of others. Staying arcade pure for the modern LCD stuff just isn't that important to me.

Quoted from Pale_Purple:

I kinda want another one to do vert since they are a huge pain to rotate

You've got an Egret 2! One of the best rotation mechs out there. And there's not much use really for a 16:9 vertical screen.

Quoted from Pale_Purple:

There is a guy on Ebay in China that usually has a hand full of astros and net cities and sometimes blasts. His store is down now for Chinese New Year but will be back up next week. Shipping isn’t cheap but if you get a few maybe it’d be worth it? I haven’t used him and some of the cabs looks dirty but they’re cheap. I’ll come back here and link when he is back online.

I'd avoid, too many horror stories about those Chinese cabs. Just deal with KC, he'll ship anywhere.

#2330 5 years ago

Yeah X2 multi, I only play newer games on the Vewlix, have a lot of Jamma boards and CRTs for the older stuff. A vert Vewlix would be cool to play some of the ps4 Cave ports for boards I don’t own and for when the Exa system hopefully comes out this year but we’ll see. E2 is awesome I wish I had a whole row of them, second one on the way soon though. Just have to find some more Taito stools to go with it now.

#2331 5 years ago

These are my arcade machines right now - plus a Vindicators off-site and a Space Invaders awaiting repairs...

IMG_0040 (resized).jpgIMG_0040 (resized).jpg
#2332 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'd avoid, too many horror stories about those Chinese cabs. Just deal with KC, he'll ship anywhere.

Who is KC, if you don't mind my asking? I have a Blast City that I picked up from Windy Gaming out of Chicago 5 or 6 years ago, and my Nanao tube is likely dead. Super bummed about this as finding a Nanao tri-sync tube in Michigan/the mid-west is going to be brutal, but hoping for any leads that might make acquiring one a reality.

#2333 5 years ago

Wish I could help out, I had a tri sync NOS busted during shipping last year. Thanks UPS.

#2334 5 years ago
Quoted from wontwa:

Who is KC, if you don't mind my asking? I have a Blast City that I picked up from Windy Gaming out of Chicago 5 or 6 years ago, and my Nanao tube is likely dead. Super bummed about this as finding a Nanao tri-sync tube in Michigan/the mid-west is going to be brutal, but hoping for any leads that might make acquiring one a reality.

KC is a guy in So Cal that imports games from japan. I bought a groove coaster from him.

His info below
+1 (626) 800-9192
Kou_cheu On ebay

#2335 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Wish I could help out, I had a tri sync NOS busted during shipping last year. Thanks UPS.

Ooof - brutal man.

#2336 5 years ago

My funkiest arcade topper!

20190212_130545 (resized).jpg20190212_130545 (resized).jpg20190212_130550 (resized).jpg20190212_130550 (resized).jpg
#2337 5 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

KC is a guy in So Cal that imports games from japan. I bought a groove coaster from him.
His info below
+1 (626) 800-9192
Kou_cheu On ebay

I bought an initial D Ver 3 single cab from that same guy just a few days ago. It is in epic shape and he gave me a really good deal on it. He texts so if you text him he will let you know if he has something in stock.

#2338 5 years ago

Cool! Where’s the rest of the game?

Quoted from HighProtein:

My funkiest arcade topper!
[quoted image][quoted image]

1 week later
#2339 5 years ago

Finally found the rest of the parts to complete my scratch built Moon Patrol. Built the cabinet like 4 years ago then collected the rest piece by piece.

02E482C0-1E95-42DA-837C-19BBAC484BE0 (resized).jpeg02E482C0-1E95-42DA-837C-19BBAC484BE0 (resized).jpeg51A926CB-8CEA-4DD0-B42A-99FB4CAFDD5C (resized).jpeg51A926CB-8CEA-4DD0-B42A-99FB4CAFDD5C (resized).jpeg7D0C912F-2F1D-402D-AE30-6B30429271A7 (resized).jpeg7D0C912F-2F1D-402D-AE30-6B30429271A7 (resized).jpeg8308294D-5CCF-4254-A91C-1378E0143156 (resized).jpeg8308294D-5CCF-4254-A91C-1378E0143156 (resized).jpegA14B61EC-6252-4050-9215-44B38D40A382 (resized).jpegA14B61EC-6252-4050-9215-44B38D40A382 (resized).jpeg
#2340 5 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Finally found the rest of the parts to complete my scratch built Moon Patrol. Built the cabinet like 4 years ago then collected the rest piece by piece.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Beautiful! Great work!

#2341 5 years ago

Nice work Pac!

I love moon patrol, it took me a decade to finally find one In fair shape ... yours is beautiful, love those graphics

#2342 5 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

So nice! Moon Patrol is great fun.

1 week later
#2343 5 years ago

Guitar Hero has been a massive hit, especially with the teens.

Guitar_Hero (resized).JPGGuitar_Hero (resized).JPG
#2344 5 years ago

Super chexx currently undergoing restoration. Off Road on deck for full cabinet resto.

D222A67C-E675-458D-8325-98B4AEC30696 (resized).jpegD222A67C-E675-458D-8325-98B4AEC30696 (resized).jpeg
#2345 5 years ago
Quoted from OilGuy:

Guitar Hero has been a massive hit, especially with the teens.
[quoted image]

There is one of these local to me that I would pick up but they just want too much for it. It has been sitting of CL for ever now.

#2346 5 years ago

My Alien Syndrome

20190213_124749 (resized).jpg20190213_124749 (resized).jpg
#2347 5 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Love Moon Patrol. Great job and beautiful machine

#2348 5 years ago

Niiiiiiiiiiice.

Quoted from HighProtein:

My Alien Syndrome[quoted image]

#2349 5 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

My Alien Syndrome[quoted image]

This is one of the first video games I can remember playing. My friend and I would ride are bikes to a liquor store and put countless quarters in this game. What a great game.

#2350 5 years ago
20190207_183538 (resized).jpg20190207_183538 (resized).jpg
There are 4,473 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 90.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-arcade-games-do-you-own/page/47 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.