4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2,688 posts
  • 489 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by eb94114
  • Topic is favorited by 100 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,769 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20181102_210826_1541218358259_001 (resized).jpg
20181102_211013 (resized).jpg
games (resized).jpg
27662E0C-CDBB-4153-A2A6-2091F84C0A4C (resized).jpeg
42B1A54E-0DC9-467E-91D6-9D35DFD4055C (resized).jpeg
9CBA2F43-560A-440F-A4BE-67D8D52A7799 (resized).jpeg
03622E45-096D-40FF-919C-681348A5D6A3 (resized).jpeg
QGrandAm25RotateMech (resized).jpg
IMG-2682 (resized).JPG
Q GrandAm 25 (resized).JPEG
Gameroom_1 (resized).jpg
C3C6DF06-B124-46C3-B1F3-81645CB2C8E5 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6766.JPG
IMG_0164.JPG
A2736272-45FB-47F2-A824-E8A1A444965F (resized).jpeg
BE870CD1-C4C0-474C-A61A-E112B01E5D0B (resized).jpeg

There are 2688 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 54.
#2001 1 year ago
Quoted from j_m_:

kind of a left-handed compliment there

I would have said a back handed compliment but you know us Aussies we're all upside down and backwards

#2002 1 year ago

you see what pacman does to his games is his business. he took alot of heat on klov for buying games and tossing out pissed out cabs for repros. i think i remember the big bruhaha over that reactor cab on klov. there are some games that are really nice and light patina i would keep like that all day. many games are really rough and he makes them like new again. someday i hope pacman opens his museum and ill be one of the first to visit. it would be like going back to the 80’s in a time machine. little known fact that pacman created alot of repro art and parts and shares them with the community. he was one of the first people to do this. stand up person always helped me whenever i had a question or was looking for a part or art of some kind. i know he made no money whatsoever on any of my transactions i mean does he really need 50 dollars for a piece of art? the time he spent making it himself or on labor isnt worth the 50.00.

#2003 1 year ago
Quoted from Mancave:

I would have said a back handed compliment but you know us Aussies we're all upside down and backwards

I was thinking of the dennis farina quote from the movie "bottle shock", when I typed that

Maurice: [on a Britisher saying Californians make wine in unorthodox ways] Where I'm from, they call it a left-handed compliment. They don't have a name for it in England: it's too ingrained in their culture.

#2004 1 year ago

Does anyone have an opinion on the best gun games for fun and longevity? I was thinking it would be between games like police trainer, point blank and carnival king. Would love to hear perspectives from folks who own or have owners titles like these

#2005 1 year ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Does anyone have an opinion on the best gun games for fun and longevity? I was thinking it would be between games like police trainer, point blank and carnival king. Would love to hear perspectives from folks who own or have owners titles like these

We just added panic museum and it's the best shooter game I have ever owned to date. Next to buck hunter and Aliens

#2006 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

I would never do what Pacman does to his games. Some of it looks nice, but I would rather have original with minor imperfection than fake and 100%.

Well that's your choice. Personally I LOVE the craftsmanship and attention to detail Pacman does to his games. To each their own. Keep up the GREAT work Pacman!!!

#2007 1 year ago
Quoted from j_m_:

kind of a left-handed compliment there. why the disdain for what he does? what's you next move, going into one of chris hutchins' or brian kelly's threads and dumping on them for their "fake" restorations?

I don’t know what they do to their pins, so I can’t comment on it. But when you gut a game, build a new cab, throw repo art on it, it’s not a restoration. It’s a re-creation/revision. It’s his game, he is free to do what he wants. But when he starts to sell them, it’s a bit disingenuous to call them original.

Is sort of like those guys who were converting pinballs into medieval madness. It’s not a real game, it may look right and work, but it’s not a genuine medieval. I would never buy one, but maybe someone else might, or get fooled into thinking it’s original.

#2008 1 year ago
Quoted from robotron:

you see what pacman does to his games is his business. he took alot of heat on klov for buying games and tossing out pissed out cabs for repros. i think i remember the big bruhaha over that reactor cab on klov. there are some games that are really nice and light patina i would keep like that all day. many games are really rough and he makes them like new again. someday i hope pacman opens his museum and ill be one of the first to visit. it would be like going back to the 80’s in a time machine. little known fact that pacman created alot of repro art and parts and shares them with the community. he was one of the first people to do this. stand up person always helped me whenever i had a question or was looking for a part or art of some kind. i know he made no money whatsoever on any of my transactions i mean does he really need 50 dollars for a piece of art? the time he spent making it himself or on labor isnt worth the 50.00.

Exactly. He is free to mod his games. I have no problem with that. But the only thing wrong with the reactor was it had some slight water damage on one side only at the the base of the cab. The rest of the cab on a scale of 1 to 10 is an 8+. If he is happy with his, I am happy improving an original, and I made a fellow collector happy giving him my cab which was about a 7. My only issue is that when he does go to sell them, that he does not try to pass them off as original. They are creative and unique, but they are not original.

Pac-Man has done some good stuff. I am not sure if he made his art files public. If he did or did not, it’s cool either way. But people sharing stuff is not unique. There are many people who do. I have made most of my posters available to be repoed. I don’t have the patience or the skills to create art, so I never will.

#2009 1 year ago

Wish I knew this about you before I sold the cabinet to you. I have MANY original games. Its what I prefer. If I could find super nice original games id just buy them and be done. Shockingly, beautiful original 40 year old games are NOT available. Maybe if I started collecting in 1987 I would have found them all.

What IS available, are trashed, mouse turd ridden, water logged, smoked out, used condom filled, disingrating cabinets.
You may not mind having that in your game room, but I do.

If I find a game that has what I consider a salvageable cabinet, I RESTORE the wood using bondo, wood hardners, etc sand the crap out it, then touch it up.

If not, I replace the wood. Cutting a new cabinet by hand. No CNC - using the same, or as close as possible to the original material.

If the cabinet was painted or stenciled originally, then the cabinet is painted exactly how it was from the factory. Not an easy task.

After that I apply NOS artwork if I can find it. So far I’ve acquired and scanned, RESTORED, and archived 150+ pieces of NOS art. Art that is now safely preserved.

If I can’t find NOS, I look for the next best thing - screen printed reproduction art.

If I can’t find either, I scan the artwork directly off the game - which I might add is usually in really bad shape (scratches, tears, bubbling, shrinking, fading) then I RESTORE that artwork, do several color corrections, and print it. A very time consuming and meticulous task.

The machines are then broken down into dozens of pieces and sorted.

The glass is replaced, the electronics and wiring are cleaned up. Monitors are replaced or rebuilt. Pcbs are fixed, power supplies are bullet proofed. Bulbs replaced.

The plastics and t-molding are replaced or RESTORED.

The metal is RESTORED or in some cases fabricated when missing or too far gone. Rust is sand blasted away and replaced with powder coating. Or chrome, zinc, etc. Or a crap ton of polishing does the trick.

Controls are all dialed in and everything is tested and adjusted for optimal playability.

So enough of your re-creation BS. There’s a lot more to it than replacing wood.

A funny thing is, I’m betting you used Reproduction cpo and bezel artwork on that Reactor cabinet I sold you. Or even a new monitor, new buttons, leg leveled, bolts or smoked glass. If you did anything to this or any other game you own you’d be very hypocritical.

Quoted from Mrbill:

I don’t know what they do to their pins, so I can’t comment on it. But when you gut a game, build a new cab, throw repo art on it, it’s not a restoration. It’s a re-creation/revision. It’s his game, he is free to do what he wants. But when he starts to sell them, it’s a bit disingenuous to call them original.
Is sort of like those guys who were converting pinballs into medieval madness. It’s not a real game, it may look right and work, but it’s not a genuine medieval. I would never buy one, but maybe someone else might, or get fooled into thinking it’s original.

#2010 1 year ago

EDOT - Tron - Q Bert - Space Harrier - Ghosts N Goblins - Space Invaders - Outrun - Mario Bro's - Donkey Kong - Popeye - Road Runner - Dragons Lair - Baby Pac Man - After Burner - Turbo Outrun.

#2011 1 year ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Wish I knew this about you before I sold the cabinet to you. I have MANY original games. Its what I prefer. If I could find super nice original games id just buy them and be done. Shockingly, beautiful original 40 year old games are NOT available. Maybe if I started collecting in 1987 I would have found them all.
What IS available, are trashed, mouse turd ridden, water logged, smoked out, used condom filled, disingrating cabinets.
If I find a game that has what I consider a salvageable cabinet, I RESTORE the wood using bondo, wood hardners, etc sand the crap out it, then touch it up.
If not, I replace the wood. Cutting a new cabinet by hand. No CNC - using the same, or as close as possible to the original material.
If the cabinet was painted or stenciled originally, then the cabinet is painted exactly how it was from the factory. Not an easy task.
After that I apply NOS artwork if I can find it. So far I’ve acquired and scanned, RESTORED, and archived 150+ pieces of NOS art. Art that is now safely preserved.
If I can’t find NOS, I look for the next best thing - screen printed reproduction art.
If I can’t find either, I scan the artwork directly off the game - which I might add is usually in really bad shape (scratches, tears, bubbling, shrinking, fading) then I RESTORE that artwork, do several color corrections, and print it. A very time consuming and meticulous task.
The glass is replaced, the electronics and wiring are cleaned up. Monitors are replaced or rebuilt. Pcbs are fixed, power supplies are bullet proofed. Bulbs replaced.
The metal is RESTORED or in some cases fabricated when missing or too far gone. Rust is sand blasted away and replaced with powder coating. Or chrome, zinc, etc. Or a crap ton of polishing does the trick.
Controls are all dialed in and everything is tested and adjusted for optimal playability.
A funny thing is, I’m betting you used Reproduction cpo and bezel artwork on that Reactor cabinet I sold you. Or even a new monitor, new buttons, leg leveled, bolts or smoked glass. If you did anything to this or any other game you own you’d be very hypocritical.

no, I did not use repo art on reactor. I had all the parts on a complete reactor cab and swapped them over. The ones I had were not perfect but pretty good. The monitor in it had some reactor burn, but it was a nice bright k4900, so I did not swap it. The most I do is tube swaps.

Like I said, I don't have a problem with what you do to your games. You were offering up the cabs (I think I bought it off ebay for $10 and edgar picked it up for me), so that was cool. So it was not like I was asking for a favor to get it. I took care of edgar for helping me.

At some point, a game looses its originality when so much is replaced on it. As long as a game that has extensive work is not be sold off as original, I don't have a problem with it. There is a market for people who want something to look perfect. there is also a market for people who want original. I have been lucky enough to start collecting back around '83 when I got my first game, food fight, for $60(I suspect it came from an employee. He could not fix it and sold it cheap).

So finding rare games(major havoc, quantum, reactor, mad planets, cosmic chasm, warrior, ect) under $500 was not difficult back in the early 90s. By the mid 90's I had more than I ever thought to own. Probably 125 keeper uprights and maybe an equal number of duplicates (At one point I had a 10 star wars and a dozen or more tempest cabs). I realize times have changed. People spend thousands putting rare cabs back together. Sometimes you can avoid using repo, other times, you can't.

I did enjoy looking at your cabs when you posted pics on klov. I even suggested some slight mods to art as you were going through iterations of designs.

#2012 1 year ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

I have to say your restorations are nothing short of incredible.I wouldn't come close to having the patience to do what you do.

#2013 1 year ago

My favorites are BBH world and Carnival King. Egg Venture, police trainer and Area 51 series are great too.

Quoted from ovfdfireman:

We just added panic museum and it's the best shooter game I have ever owned to date. Next to buck hunter and Aliens

Quoted from per3per3:

#2014 1 year ago

So many games I have never seen or heard of before...

#2015 1 year ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

shot in the dark but i am looking for a dragons lair cab, project is okay as long as it has the score board intact.

Have exactly what you want but I live on Vancouver island. Closest I can get it is seattle....

#2016 1 year ago

I've gotten away from pins a bit and am trying to track down the last couple arcade games I've been after. I know some of them are bigger fish, so I thought I would post here. Anyone happen to have a Forgotten Worlds, Food Fight, Williams Bubbles, or Ghosts 'n Goblins for sale? If so, please send me a PM. Thanks for your time.

#2017 1 year ago
Quoted from eb94114:

I've gotten away from pins a bit and am trying to track down the last couple arcade games I've been after. I know some of them are bigger fish, so I thought I would post here. Anyone happen to have a Forgotten Worlds, Food Fight, Williams Bubbles, or Ghosts 'n Goblins for sale? If so, please send me a PM. Thanks for your time.

That is a tough list there! Food Fight and GNG? You want some Unicorn meat too?

#2018 1 year ago

These are my two:
- sar search and rescue
- nba hangtime

They weren’t restored, as that would imply I tried to make them look like they did from the factory. They were more spruced up. I’m quite happy with them. Both were found for great deals, taught me a fair bit as I worked on them, and are fun games to play.

BD05C731-8DCD-42C3-A653-5958E5C90E3D (resized).jpeg

#2019 1 year ago

Lunar Lander
Asteroids
Battlezone
Red Baron
Asteroids Deluxe
Tempest
Space Duel
Gravitar
Black Widow
Qauntum
Star Wars
Major Havoc
Star Wars ESB
Star Trek Cockpit
Omega Race
Star Castle
Space Wars
Ms Pacman
Galaga
Qbert
Space Invaders Deluxe
Berzerk
Liberator
Stargate
Robotron

#2020 1 year ago

I'm looking for a Golden Tee Live 2018. What's the best price for one?

Screenshot_20180409-141540 (resized).jpg

#2021 1 year ago

Just started collecting last year. So far-
Working-

Golden Tee HE
Ms Pac/Galaga 20th anniv reunion
Projects-
Moon Patrol
Space Invaders
Millipede

Quoted from pinmister:

So many games I have never seen or heard of before...
» YouTube video

The GG is 15 min from my house. Almost a city block's worth of games-600+ now! Some titles -the only public location in the US. Took nicovolta there when he was on his tour last year and his mind was blown by some of the titles they have! $20 for all day play! They do have a few pins (TZ was one I remember). They do most repair work in house. Great place to spend a day reliving your youth! (+theres a nice bar across the street for refreshment breaks!)

Quoted from Skyemont:

I'm looking for a Golden Tee Live 2018. What's the best price for one?

Join the Pinside GT club! Theres a pinsider who is a distributor for IT.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/golden-tee-club/page/9#post-4329560

#2022 1 year ago

all you vid collectors on pinside

alot of great collections. very cool.

#2023 1 year ago

Super Ms Pac-Man - has all the various Pac-Man games plus a multi-game with 72-in-1.
William's Multigame with 25-in-1.

20180403_163021 (resized).jpg

#2024 1 year ago

28234836_2060344964245783_2029332958125262307_o (resized).jpg

#2025 1 year ago

Want Sinistar!

#2026 1 year ago

My new machine is getting ready to ship. Final thing is I can choose a custom marquee name. I don't want to put anything with my name on it. I'm trying to keep it kinda generic if I ever decide to sell it.

Ideas?

Arcade Classics?
Timeline Arcade?
The Beast?
Just go with the graphics and no name?

This is the artwork...

mame (resized).jpeg

#2027 1 year ago

How about “Dragons Lair”

Quoted from gliebig:

My new machine is getting ready to ship. Final thing is I can choose a custom marquee name. I don't want to put anything with my name on it. I'm trying to keep it kinda generic if I ever decide to sell it.
Ideas?
Arcade Classics?
Timeline Arcade?
The Beast?
Just go with the graphics and no name?
This is the artwork...

#2028 1 year ago

Love Satan's Hollow & Sinistar!

#2029 1 year ago

After being out of commission for far too long, my Tempest is back among the living. In addition to these I also have two Rush the Rock sit down racers, a Neo Geo 4 slot and a Maximum Force/Area 51 combo that is getting sold Friday. Hoping to replace it with a Big Buck Hunter Pro Arcade — anyone have one for sale?

4B79479B-8F25-4E2B-994E-077E41764D99 (resized).jpeg

#2030 1 year ago

Getting ready to organize the horde in the garage. See any favorites?

IMG_0386 (resized).jpg

IMG_0387 (resized).jpg

IMG_0388 (resized).jpg

IMG_0389 (resized).jpg

IMG_0390 (resized).jpg

IMG_0391 (resized).jpg

#2031 1 year ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

I'd appreciate a 720.

#2032 1 year ago

Personally I like to save my space for pins. I want things that I can play a lot of arcade games with the same form factor. You can buy an old Golden Tee or Silver Strike cabinet for cheap. I just added some cheap buttons from eBay, a monitor from Micro Center and a $35 Raspberry Pi and I have a MAME that will play thousands of games. The cocktail table is an old cocktail Golden Tee that was converted to a 60-in-1 by someone else. Lastly I have an old Megatouch which is probably the favorite of our kids.

15234967597341373768237 (resized).jpg

15234967939271722241812 (resized).jpg

1523496831562955416353 (resized).jpg

#2033 1 year ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

More than I could ever dream of fitting in mine...

#2034 1 year ago

May be frowned upon by purists, but here is mine (two light guns not pictured)

079E33A1-9821-46B6-B846-43DB33A8C5CB (resized).jpeg

9A603FDA-3854-471C-B89A-0F8A67462145 (resized).jpeg

#2035 1 year ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

I don't see a MACH 3.

#2036 1 year ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Quantum, Timber and Paperboy. Quite an impressive collection!

#2037 1 year ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

"Hoopla!"

#2038 1 year ago

MAME's and Multi games are great for trying out lots of games but for some of these, the cabinet and controls help create the experience. Game like these, for example

IMG_6527 (resized).JPG

IMG_3593 (resized).JPG

IMG_9611 (resized).jpg

IMG_6805 (resized).JPG

4 (resized).JPG

IMG_4393 (resized).JPG

IMG_5262 (resized).JPG

3 (resized).JPG

pbrunning (resized).jpg

IMG_6662 (resized).jpg

IMG_9293 (resized).jpg

6 (resized).JPG

1 (resized).JPG

1 (resized).JPG

#2039 1 year ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

MAME's and Multi games are great for trying out lots of games but for some of these, the cabinet and controls help create the experience. Game like these, for example

Wow. My MAME is out of necessity. Only room for one non-pin. Super jealous of this sampling

#2040 1 year ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Some are impossible to emulate with buttons and an 8 way. What a fantastic thing to see those games preserved.

#2042 1 year ago

I just want to find an Exidy Spectar one of these days...

#2043 1 year ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Tease!!!!! Lol......

#2044 1 year ago

FINALLY found an Arlington Horse Racing arcade after 26 years of searching!!!

This showed up in my home town aracde, Just For Fun, in 1990. We played it all the time as it would dispense tickets for the prize counter when you won. It stayed on the floor for about 2 years. Then one day I walked in and it was for sale, $400. Spent a solid weekend convincing my dad to buy it. Couple days later we go in to buy it and it's sold and gone.

I have been looking for one ever since, even the board would have been fine. Figure put it any cabinet as it was only a conversion anyhow, but nothing. Never found either this whole time.

Super rare and hard to find. (Mostly because it's really more of a redemption, and was kind of a flop for Strata.)

I think it was only a few years after this came out that Strata became Incredible Technologies and were off and running with Golden Tee.

I loved it for the 2 years it survived in my local arcade and is really cool to me since I love horse racing and live only a mile from Arlington Park Racecourse.

IMG_20180414_160206_hdr (resized).jpg

#2045 1 year ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

I want all these....... and a punch out!

#2046 1 year ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

The four player Warlords is made of much want!

#2047 1 year ago

Dedicated Two Tigers and that Taito Wild Western - me want!

#2048 1 year ago

I am hoping that a fellow Pinsider can help me locate the missing "swirl-style" Bakelite globes (or something similar) which flank the marquee for my project 1953 Exhibit Supply Space Gun arcade. It's possible that a woodrail pinball machine utilized such globes.

Photos 2 & 3 show my game, which is missing the correct Bakelite globes.

Photos 4 & 5 are stock photos showing the space gun and the targets.

Photo 6 shows a friend's Space Gun which has the correct Bakelite globes, for reference.

The object is, of course, to shoot moving targets, in this case, 4 eerie glow-in-the-dark spacemen. When struck, the spaceman target is knocked down. Unlimited shots during the timed game which runs for 60 seconds. The targets are painted fluorescent colors and are illuminated by a black light. A bell audio feature is activated with successful shot.

post-16-0-65611400-1428772487 (resized).jpg

30222074_1429507200488573_7282127693296959488_n (resized).jpg

29791836_1429507220488571_7431911486584258560_n (resized).jpg

espacgu5 (resized).jpg

espacgu6 (resized).jpg

20160423_160525 (resized).jpg

#2049 1 year ago
Quoted from PAPPYBALL:

FINALLY found an Arlington Horse Racing arcade after 26 years of searching!!!
This showed up in my home town aracde, Just For Fun, in 1990. We played it all the time as it would dispense tickets for the prize counter when you won. It stayed on the floor for about 2 years. Then one day I walked in and it was for sale, $400. Spent a solid weekend convincing my dad to buy it. Couple days later we go in to buy it and it's sold and gone.
I have been looking for one ever since, even the board would have been fine. Figure put it any cabinet as it was only a conversion anyhow, but nothing. Never found either this whole time.
Super rare and hard to find. (Mostly because it's really more of a redemption, and was kind of a flop for Strata.)
I think it was only a few years after this came out that Strata became Incredible Technologies and were off and running with Golden Tee.
I loved it for the 2 years it survived in my local arcade and is really cool to me since I love horse racing and live only a mile from Arlington Park Racecourse.

Nice find! I bet youre glad it stayed 'close to home'!

Wonder if Arlington would be interested in displaying your piece of their history!

Done ever recall seeing any of those make it down to the DG area.....

#2050 1 year ago

Thinking about getting Star Wars battle pod. Anyone have one of these? Whats the thought? How is the maintenance?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 9,000.00
$ 60.00
Playfield - Plastics
Vandelay Industries
$ 38.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 259.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 149.00
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 115.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 17.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 2.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 40.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Texas Pinball
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 199.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
There are 2688 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 54.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside