IMG_2065 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2066 (resized).jpeg
20240313_195826 (resized).jpg
IMG_0071 (resized).JPG
IMG_0075 (resized).JPG
IMG_0084 (resized).JPG
IMG_0090 (resized).JPG
IMG_0083 (resized).JPG
unico-usa-posts-updated-pictures-of-the-nova-blast-candy-v0-vkeee6q8fr5c1 (resized).jpg
IMG_1269.jpg
image000003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9255 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4283 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9951 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
satan's Hollow (resized).jpg

There are 4,457 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 90.
#1951 6 years ago
Quoted from OTTOgd:

Picked up a '78 Atari Football game not too long ago. It plays! But tough!
... but will benefit from new trackball rollers-n-bearings as well as a cap kit for the monitor.
Game on!

Loved playing this at a Hills Dept store in western Pennsylvania back as a youth...getting the finger skins pinched in that track ball was always tough

#1952 6 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

My original dedicated Sente Snake Pit

I remember dumping a ton of quarters into this game back in the 80s when it was released. I also remembered to thank nolan bushnell for it when I ran into him at one of the early E3 shows (still have his business card somewhere

#1953 6 years ago

I know I've posted in this thread but i don't think I've posted the games that i own. I just own the two below, a restored ms Pac with a60 in 1 and the defender i built from scratch running a 19 in 1. I'm also working on a mad planets cabaret built from a video poker cabinet. Soon to be running a jrok board.

Resized_20180112_185924 (resized).jpgResized_20180112_185924 (resized).jpg

Resized_20180211_093811 (resized).jpgResized_20180211_093811 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#1954 6 years ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

sides are nice, but I am not a fan of the front art.
I assume you used original kit marquee, bezel and cp overlay. If not, why did you not expand the art to the edges? The dedicated cab did not have the black bars. artwork went to the edge. you need to find the right joystick for it. Also, going to all that effort, you need to find the light blue 8 way.

basically because i have a life.
i had somebody do this custom work and i am happy with the way it came out. i had a budget and stuck to it.
i have the original light blue joystick i have to install it when i have time.
i purchased this as a stargate cab conversion not a kit.
its a spare game in my garage and not meant for a museum.
never tell anybody their kids are ugly or have crooked teeth.

06981A0D-1AEA-4BBB-802E-5EA45A428991 (resized).jpeg06981A0D-1AEA-4BBB-802E-5EA45A428991 (resized).jpeg

#1955 6 years ago

Brought Gorf from my other place last weekend. The stunt cycle is my girls favorite. After a few "lit's" she's awesome. After a few more she's terrible.

IMG_4186 (resized).JPGIMG_4186 (resized).JPG

IMG_4188 (resized).JPGIMG_4188 (resized).JPG

#1956 6 years ago

Wow, those look like new!

Quoted from Travish:

Brought Gorf from my other place last weekend. The stunt cycle is my girls favorite. After a few "lit's" she's awesome. After a few more she's terrible.

#1957 6 years ago

Some recent additions/restorations.

IMG_9924 (resized).jpgIMG_9924 (resized).jpg

IMG_9925 (resized).jpgIMG_9925 (resized).jpg

IMG_9926 (resized).jpgIMG_9926 (resized).jpg

IMG_9941 (resized).jpgIMG_9941 (resized).jpg

IMG_9942 (resized).jpgIMG_9942 (resized).jpg

#1958 6 years ago

IMG_9621 (resized).jpgIMG_9621 (resized).jpg

IMG_9622 (resized).jpgIMG_9622 (resized).jpg

IMG_9623 (resized).jpgIMG_9623 (resized).jpg

IMG_9624 (resized).jpgIMG_9624 (resized).jpg

IMG_9635 (resized).jpgIMG_9635 (resized).jpg

IMG_9611 (resized).jpgIMG_9611 (resized).jpg

IMG_9613 (resized).jpgIMG_9613 (resized).jpg

IMG_9616 (resized).jpgIMG_9616 (resized).jpg

#1959 6 years ago

IMG_6390 (resized).jpgIMG_6390 (resized).jpg
IMG_6405 (resized).jpgIMG_6405 (resized).jpg
IMG_6406 (resized).jpgIMG_6406 (resized).jpg
IMG_9559 (resized).jpgIMG_9559 (resized).jpg
IMG_9562 (resized).jpgIMG_9562 (resized).jpg
IMG_9564 (resized).jpgIMG_9564 (resized).jpg
IMG_9563 (resized).jpgIMG_9563 (resized).jpg

IMG_9566 (resized).jpgIMG_9566 (resized).jpg
IMG_9567 (resized).jpgIMG_9567 (resized).jpg

#1961 6 years ago

IMG_9336 (resized).jpgIMG_9336 (resized).jpg

IMG_9337 (resized).jpgIMG_9337 (resized).jpg

IMG_9338 (resized).jpgIMG_9338 (resized).jpg

IMG_9306 (resized).jpgIMG_9306 (resized).jpg

IMG_9307 (resized).jpgIMG_9307 (resized).jpg

IMG_9308 (resized).jpgIMG_9308 (resized).jpg

IMG_9310 (resized).jpgIMG_9310 (resized).jpg

IMG_9319 (resized).jpgIMG_9319 (resized).jpg

IMG_9288 (resized).jpgIMG_9288 (resized).jpg

IMG_9289 (resized).jpgIMG_9289 (resized).jpg

IMG_9293 (resized).jpgIMG_9293 (resized).jpg

IMG_9294 (resized).jpgIMG_9294 (resized).jpg

#1962 6 years ago

IMG_9304 (resized).jpgIMG_9304 (resized).jpg

IMG_9312 (resized).jpgIMG_9312 (resized).jpg

IMG_9313 (resized).jpgIMG_9313 (resized).jpg

IMG_9314 (resized).jpgIMG_9314 (resized).jpg

IMG_9315 (resized).jpgIMG_9315 (resized).jpg

#1963 6 years ago

Death race was always one of my favorites.

Looks like we have the same need for detail. My boy asked one time why I was stripping/painting bolts under the dash of the Buick when we were rebuilding the air box/heater core. I said because it's there.

#1964 6 years ago

I have Galaxian, Mame, Outrun, Black Rose, and a Time Pilot cocktail.

largepinballupdate3 (resized).jpglargepinballupdate3 (resized).jpg

largepinballupdate2 (resized).jpglargepinballupdate2 (resized).jpg

#1965 6 years ago

Holy crap that Tailgunner is Minty Fresh.

I had a nice Star Castle once but that machine is ridiculous.

It looks like it rolled off the assembly line yesterday.

Kudos.

RussM

#1966 6 years ago

Ha ha. It’s a blessing and a curse.

Quoted from Travish:

Death race was always one of my favorites.
Looks like we have the same need for detail. My boy asked one time why I was stripping/painting bolts under the dash of the Buick when we were rebuilding the air box/heater core. I said because it's there.

#1967 6 years ago

Thanks, it took a long while to restore it. Plays fast and smooth now.

Star Castle is a great game too. Got pix of mine around here somewhere.

Quoted from RussMyers:

Holy crap that Tailgunner is Minty Fresh.
I had a nice Star Castle once but that machine is ridiculous.
It looks like it rolled off the assembly line yesterday.
Kudos.
RussM

#1968 6 years ago

Our first arcade restoration project. My son put a lot of hours into this. We are looking for our next.

IMG_20180222_185730868 (resized).jpgIMG_20180222_185730868 (resized).jpg

#1969 6 years ago

Found 'em. Replaced the old tube with a NOS one recently as well. No more phosphorous burn.

2 (resized).JPG2 (resized).JPG
3 (resized).JPG3 (resized).JPG

5 (resized).JPG5 (resized).JPG

8 (resized).JPG8 (resized).JPG

15 (resized).JPG15 (resized).JPG
16 (resized).JPG16 (resized).JPG
17 (resized).JPG17 (resized).JPG

22 (resized).JPG22 (resized).JPG

#1970 6 years ago

Nice!!!

Quoted from Jaeg:

Our first arcade restoration project. My son put a lot of hours into this. We are looking for our next.

#1971 6 years ago

New tube.

IMG_4238 (resized).JPGIMG_4238 (resized).JPG

#1972 6 years ago

Just curious, did you happen to pickup that Death Race from Kerry in Cincinnati? (The Retroarcade) He was selling a beautiful restored one that I wanted badly.

#1973 6 years ago
Quoted from Jaeg:

He looks soooo proud of his work. Tell him for me GREAT JOB!

#1974 6 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Just curious, did you happen to pickup that Death Race from Kerry in Cincinnati? (The Retroarcade) He was selling a beautiful restored one that I wanted badly.

The one he sold was not restored at all. It was 100% original. It went to a pizza place in Indiana.

#1975 6 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

The one he sold was not restored at all. It was 100% original. It went to a pizza place in Indiana.

I know an individual that picked up a Death Race up that way that was in an original cab and nice condition as well; this one went to a pizza place in Wisconsin. Pretty weird both end up in pizza parlors in the midwest.

#1976 6 years ago

Ice Cold Beer
Play Choice - duel monitor
Qbert

#1977 6 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Now that makes me regret it even more. It was Cary wasn't it, not Kerry? Miss hearing from him since the arcade closed.
I bought my Dragon's Lair from him. He drove all the way to TN to delivery it and pickup a pin.
Super nice guy.

#1978 6 years ago

PACMAN I don’t know what to say, as always wow... are you starting to run out of room yet?

#1979 6 years ago

Not any more

Quoted from Chosen_S:

pacman I don’t know what to say, as always wow... are you starting to run out of room yet?

IMG_9840 (resized).jpgIMG_9840 (resized).jpg
IMG_9939 (resized).jpgIMG_9939 (resized).jpg

IMG_7491 (resized).jpgIMG_7491 (resized).jpg

IMG_8045 (resized).jpgIMG_8045 (resized).jpg

#1980 6 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Now that makes me regret it even more. It was Cary wasn't it, not Kerry? Miss hearing from him since the arcade closed.
I bought my Dragon's Lair from him. He drove all the way to TN to delivery it and pickup a pin.
Super nice guy.

Yes, Cary. I lived a couple blocks from his arcade and had a bunch of puns there over a two year period. I kind of regret not buying his Food Fight. It looked HUO. That thing was amazing.

#1981 6 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

basically because i have a life.
i had somebody do this custom work and i am happy with the way it came out. i had a budget and stuck to it.
i have the original light blue joystick i have to install it when i have time.
i purchased this as a stargate cab conversion not a kit.
its a spare game in my garage and not meant for a museum.
never tell anybody their kids are ugly or have crooked teeth.

If you don't want to hear that your kids are ugly, don't show pics of them.. Sometimes people will tell you the truth!

Just wanted to point out, if your going to go repo art, might as well get them to do it right. Here is a pic of the dedicated MM I had. As you can see all art goes to the edges with no black areas. The cab style is robotron. I can understand not finding the right cab, but the guy printing the repos should try to do it right.
mysticded (resized).jpgmysticded (resized).jpg
mysticded1 (resized).jpgmysticded1 (resized).jpg

#1982 6 years ago

Now my PacMan Battle Royal is 61 in 1.

IMG_6427 (resized).JPGIMG_6427 (resized).JPG

IMG_6365 (resized).JPGIMG_6365 (resized).JPG

IMG_6507 (resized).JPGIMG_6507 (resized).JPG

IMG_6579 (resized).JPGIMG_6579 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#1983 5 years ago

Our arcade machine lineup includes a cocktail Golden Tee Complete cocktail. This machine was a originally a 2000 Golden Tee non-working project machine & I converted this into a GT Complete. We also have a Silent Hill Pachislo Slot & a Pachinco, featuring The Ring. These machines have many features complete w/ color changing LED's. The upright Street Fighter 2 machines was converted into a 2500 in 1. The menu features many of the arcade classics, including many of the disc games. The bar top touchscreen is a JVL Encore. This is our go-to, as my wife & I are very competitive w/ high score bragging rights.

008 (resized).JPG008 (resized).JPG

#1984 5 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Now my PacMan Battle Royal is 61 in 1.

Does it also play battle Royale?

I’m guessing it does, do you have a switcher?

#1985 5 years ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

If you don't want to hear that your kids are ugly, don't show pics of them.. Sometimes people will tell you the truth!
Just wanted to point out, if your going to go repo art, might as well get them to do it right. Here is a pic of the dedicated MM I had. As you can see all art goes to the edges with no black areas. The cab style is robotron. I can understand not finding the right cab, but the guy printing the repos should try to do it right.

the art on my mystic marathon is original from a williams kit that was installed on a frigging stargate cab. only the side art and kick panel art was made new. i have had more rare games than many people. i was one of the biggest collectors on klov as pacman can attest to this.i have owned them all. hundreds and hundreds. new old stock games new old stock kits all of the rare ones all of the common ones.
the lines are from the factory conversion kit. the game you are showing is a dedicated one and the art is for that game. again mine was a conversion. the bezel, cpo and marquee are from a factory williams kit. thats the way they come.
not a big deal homie.

#1986 5 years ago

... when arcade and Pinball collectors collide!

(Reaching for popcorn, I haven’t seen this movie since byoac members posted ‘holy shit buttons’ and ‘Fix it Felix Jr’ on klov)

C3B47775-17A9-41C7-9385-5A9CB894A6E0 (resized).pngC3B47775-17A9-41C7-9385-5A9CB894A6E0 (resized).png

#1987 5 years ago

Yep, dedicated AND conversion NOS kits out there. It’s a beautiful custom build and I have no idea why anyone would criticize something so trivial - although I’ve taken a lot of crap over the years for less

#1988 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Does it also play battle Royale?
I’m guessing it does, do you have a switcher?

Yes and yes

#1989 5 years ago

We just added a 'Lane Master' Bowler! Its awesome!

IMG_6888 (resized).JPGIMG_6888 (resized).JPG

#1990 5 years ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

wow... what a difference.

#1991 5 years ago
Quoted from Captain-Flint:

wow... what a difference.

thats why i did custom art. i didnt want to build a replica of a factory mystic marathon wasnt really crazy about the stenciled side art.

#1992 5 years ago

I just finished up a one of a kind Nintendo VS Star Wars multi vector. image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#1993 5 years ago
Quoted from Deltron:

I just finished up a one of a kind Nintendo VS Star Wars multi vector.

Multi vector?? Please explain

#1994 5 years ago

Cool! What games does it have on it?

Quoted from Deltron:

I just finished up a one of a kind Nintendo VS Star Wars multi vector.

#1995 5 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

the art on my mystic marathon is original from a williams kit that was installed on a frigging stargate cab. only the side art and kick panel art was made new. i have had more rare games than many people. i was one of the biggest collectors on klov as pacman can attest to this.i have owned them all. hundreds and hundreds. new old stock games new old stock kits all of the rare ones all of the common ones.
the lines are from the factory conversion kit. the game you are showing is a dedicated one and the art is for that game. again mine was a conversion. the bezel, cpo and marquee are from a factory williams kit. thats the way they come.
not a big deal homie.

That explains it. You used original kit art for cp, bezel and marquee and did not repo it. Far better choice than full repo. I had a mm in stargate and one in a joust over the years. I lent out my nos side are so it could get repoed. I only commented on it as if it was a full repo, the the guy who did it should have paid better attention to the repos. I am eventually going to put mystic marathon into a spare duramold.

Well, I too have owned hundreds of games over the years. I was buying them in bulk back in the 90’s and sold tons of games. I did buy out 2 arcades.. Still have about 200 vids and pins. I really need to work to get it down to about 125, but I would never go so far as to say I have owned them all. I did own that dedicated mystic marathon, but i eventually ran out of room and started selling off some games.

#1996 5 years ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

That explains it. You used original kit art for cp, bezel and marquee and did not repo it. Far better choice than full repo. I had a mm in stargate and one in a joust over the years. I lent out my nos side are so it could get repoed. I only commented on it as if it was a full repo, the the guy who did it should have paid better attention to the repos. I am eventually going to put mystic marathon into a spare duramold.
Well, I too have owned hundreds of games over the years. I was buying them in bulk back in the 90’s and sold tons of games. I did buy out 2 arcades.. Still have about 200 vids and pins. I really need to work to get it down to about 125, but I would never go so far as to say I have owned them all. I did own that dedicated mystic marathon, but i eventually ran out of room and started selling off some games.

when you own so many it becomes a job instead of a hobby. unless you are like pacman and have oompah loompahs it seems helping you out.
cheers!

#1997 5 years ago

Sold a ton of stuff, I'm down to

NHL Open Ice & NBA Jam TE 2 in 1 (in a KI cab converted to look like Open Ice)
Dedicated NeoGeo 2 slot with a DarkSoft Multi-MVS
Restored Dynamo HS-5 with a DarkSoft Multi CPS2
Restored Dynamo HS-5 with a Netbooting Naomi 2
Factory Midway conversion cab (the one shaped like an MK1 cab, but with a wave graphic on the side) that currently has Area 51 in it.

Plan on getting rid of the Naomi, the Open Ice, and the Midway Conversion cab soon.

#1998 5 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

thats why i did custom art. i didnt want to build a replica of a factory mystic marathon wasnt really crazy about the stenciled side art.

I think your cab looks great.

#1999 5 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

when you own so many it becomes a job instead of a hobby. unless you are like pacman and have oompah loompahs it seems helping you out.
cheers!

I would never do what Pacman does to his games. Some of it looks nice, but I would rather have original with minor imperfection than fake and 100%. I did save his reactor cab and put it back together. I had 2 complete reactor cabs and his cab was better than my worse one. so I bought it, and gave my old one to a fellow collector for his jrok restore.

The only repo parts on my games are this old game stuff on my dot(cp overlay, bezel, and marquee glass), mc (bezel), smash tv (bezel), rampart (art kit). I started collecting early enough to get a few nos originals. luckily I had an nos robotron cp that I lent out for the recent reproduction. It came out nice, but it’s not 100%.

Normally, my “job” allows me enough free time to take care of my games. But the last few years have kept me away from my games. I usually take some time to get games ready for cax. I have been selling a few of them there.

#2000 5 years ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

I would never do what Pacman does to his games. Some of it looks nice, but I would rather have original with minor imperfection than fake and 100%.

kind of a left-handed compliment there. why the disdain for what he does? what's you next move, going into one of chris hutchins' or brian kelly's threads and dumping on them for their "fake" restorations?

There are 4,457 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 90.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-arcade-games-do-you-own/page/40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.