20240401_120541.jpg
20240401_120549.jpg
Screenshot_20240402_133139_Facebook.jpg
IMG_2065 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2066 (resized).jpeg
20240313_195826 (resized).jpg
IMG_0071 (resized).JPG
IMG_0075 (resized).JPG
There are 4,473 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 90.
#1901 6 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Two players and with a black and white monitor.

Yes. The valuable Warlords is the cocktail one.

But hey, you can still play 4 player simultaneous Warlords on the Atari 2600!

#1902 6 years ago
Quoted from Jason43:

They have a film over the screen to simulate color?

Yes (gels) and it's viewed from a half mirror and there's a cardboard scenery behind the half mirror.Warlords 2 plyr (resized).jpgWarlords 2 plyr (resized).jpg

#1903 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Nice. My MACH 3 with Dexter won't go past the 3 rd line of the boot screen no matter what I do.

Have ever asked Shaun Wood what he thought? He's a great guy for helping trouble shoot laserdisc issues. I still wonder if one of his boards might help fix your problem.
http://wood1st.com/LaserCon/

#1904 6 years ago

Looking for a Punch Out or Super Punch Out. If you know of one for sale, message me. Thanks

#1905 6 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Think I found it but it's the stand up cab and not the cocktail table. Are the stand up ones only 2player?

Both use the same board, but there's a connector difference to toggle from monochrome to color and table / upright.

#1906 6 years ago
Quoted from simplykind:

I have a really nice Tempest but is was kind of before my time. Hoping to get an nba jam or a 4 player Blitz back

I might have a 4P Blitz’99 on the chopping block soon. It’s dedicated, optical joysticks, CompactFlash conversion, etc. Let me know if you’re interested.

#1907 6 years ago

Does anyone have a nice Burgertime, Spy Hunter (upright or cockpit), or Food Fight you might consider selling? If so, please send me a PM. I've been looking for these games for years, have gotten pretty close to each on a few occasions, but missed out each time. Thanks.

#1908 6 years ago
Quoted from eb94114:

Does anyone have a nice Burgertime, Spy Hunter (upright or cockpit), or Food Fight you might consider selling?

3 of my absolute favorites. Burgertime is easy to emulate, but Spy Hunter and Food Fight need their own dedicated cabs. GREAT games.
I can still hear the Spy Hunter and Food Fight attract modes standing out from the rest.
And of course Sinistar... RUN Coward!

#1909 6 years ago
Quoted from eb94114:

Does anyone have a nice Burgertime, Spy Hunter (upright or cockpit), or Food Fight you might consider selling?

Food Fight is my grail.

#1910 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Food Fight is my grail.

Mad Planets is my grail. I love that game.
It's like Robotron on steroids.

#1911 6 years ago

This thread had me look back at some of the games I regret selling. Wish I'd kept them all.

Wacko, Pole Position pair, Star Wars, Tron, Battlezone (full & mini), Mappy

DSC_0035 (resized).JPGDSC_0035 (resized).JPG
DSCF0160 (resized).jpgDSCF0160 (resized).jpg
DSC_0308 (resized).JPGDSC_0308 (resized).JPG
DSCF0012 (resized).jpgDSCF0012 (resized).jpg
DSCF0002 (resized).jpgDSCF0002 (resized).jpg

DSC_0177 (resized).JPGDSC_0177 (resized).JPG

#1912 6 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

This thread had me look back at some of the games I regret selling. Wish I'd kept them all.
Wacko, Pole Position pair, Star Wars, Tron, Battlezone (full & mini), Mappy

Nice collection. Did you replace the games with pins?

#1913 6 years ago

Some of them, yes. They span over the past 15+ years. Retired and sold off most all.
I should have put the pins and vids in storage. (:

#1914 6 years ago

just had custom art made for my mystic marathon

IMG_3992 (resized).JPGIMG_3992 (resized).JPG

IMG_3993 (resized).JPGIMG_3993 (resized).JPG

IMG_3994 (resized).JPGIMG_3994 (resized).JPG

IMG_3995 (resized).JPGIMG_3995 (resized).JPG

IMG_3997 (resized).JPGIMG_3997 (resized).JPG

IMG_3996 (resized).JPGIMG_3996 (resized).JPG

IMG_3998 (resized).JPGIMG_3998 (resized).JPG

#1915 6 years ago

Very cool!

Quoted from robotron:

#1916 6 years ago

I had a Mystic Marathon kit years ago that I sold for a friend. It had some interesting gameplay and design. Someone told me they only made a couple hundred boards for that game. The one I sold was serial number 0079.

Been working on a lot of arcade machines lately. Something I gave up for years. I also have a Maverick in the marketplace I would consider trading for higher end vintage arcades. Yes, I know The market $ for these games. Nothing you PM me will scare me off... Arcade wants: Mad Planets, Peter Packrat, Tapper, Gravitar, any Cinamatronics vector games, Zoo Keeper, Forgotten Worlds and also Skill Roll.

I also have a working Sega Star Trek with a G08 in it to offer as a partial arcade trade for the above titles.

#1917 6 years ago

Omg! That’s a great condition tron. Why would you sell that? I wish I could find one in that mint condition. Congratulations to the person who got that fantastic game.

#1918 6 years ago
Quoted from moonwk:

Omg! That’s a great condition tron. Why would you sell that? I wish I could find one in that mint condition. Congratulations to the person who got that fantastic game.

You do realize that you can restore arcades to this condition, correct? A few years ago, a friend of mine had a new cabinet built for his Tron and found nearly every single part is being reproduced now. He sold it for 3000.

#1919 6 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Are there many four player games/is it worth the extra$ to get a game made for four players?

Are there many four player games/is it worth the extra$ to get a game made for four players?

only you can answer that question. do you have friends who would play?

if you don't want to dive into a 4 play cab, you can always get a 2 player cab that can be converted. a midway cabinet (mk2, 3, 4, ki, ect) takes a bolt on control panel. you could always buy a 4 player(blitz, nba jam) wide panel and swap it as needed. swapping panels is far better choice than going 1 panel to do everything.

Many 4 player games play fine as 2 player. you can play nba jam and blitz as a 2 player and play against a friend.

if you have kids, trog is a fun 4 player game. So is 4 player eliminator, gauntlet, and space lords(its really a 2 player but you can add an additional gunner per ship, but you can link 2 cabs and play up to 8).

space-lords-flyer (resized).jpgspace-lords-flyer (resized).jpg

#1920 6 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

sides are nice, but I am not a fan of the front art.

I assume you used original kit marquee, bezel and cp overlay. If not, why did you not expand the art to the edges? The dedicated cab did not have the black bars. artwork went to the edge. you need to find the right joystick for it. Also, going to all that effort, you need to find the light blue 8 way.

#1921 6 years ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

only you can answer that question. do you have friends who would play?
... and space lords (its really a 2 player but you can add an additional gunner per ship, but you can link 2 cabs and play up to 8).

Actually, each side can hve two players, so linking them up is up to eight players.
Space Lords back (resized).jpgSpace Lords back (resized).jpg

Space Lords front (resized).jpgSpace Lords front (resized).jpg

#1923 6 years ago
Quoted from moonwk:

Thanks! Yes, I had restored that game. Paint, decals, Encom package, control panel, joystick, spinner, etc. It was gorgeous.

#1924 6 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Actually, each side can hve two players, so linking them up is up to eight players.

I did say up to 8, but its really 4. having and extra gunner is useful, but kind of boring. I need to take mine to cax next year. Its been a few years since I last took it. I used to take this one to cax. An ex atari employee shoved it into a cops and robbers cab. If it was a proto, I would have kept it.

A friend of mine played it when it was originally tested. He worked on fighting games and he said the game play was supposedly more cuthtroat. Winner stays loser pays. He thought that was a better game model.

035 (resized).jpg035 (resized).jpg

#1925 6 years ago

That game needs some monster magnet on the soundtrack

#1926 6 years ago

Random question: Anyone know of a tech in the Cape Cod area who could possibly do a repair on a Spy Hunter? If so, please PM me. Thanks.

#1927 6 years ago

Chris Jumper
KLOV user name: cdjump
[email protected]

Best in the business and specializes in Bally.

Quoted from eb94114:

Random question: Anyone know of a tech in the Cape Cod area who could possibly do a repair on a Spy Hunter? If so, please PM me. Thanks.

#1928 6 years ago

Every game ever made.

IMG_2699 (resized).JPGIMG_2699 (resized).JPG

IMG_2700 (resized).JPGIMG_2700 (resized).JPG

#1929 6 years ago
Quoted from Cybergoonie:

Every game ever made.

Is that a Northcoast customs Arcade? How do you like their work? Nice guys, I’ve spoken to them before

#1930 6 years ago
Quoted from Cybergoonie:

Every game ever made.

I don't see a spinner, no spinner no Tempest
Gorgeous cab though.

#1931 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I don't see a spinner, no spinner no Tempest

Yeah, how do you play Atari Star Wars?

#1932 6 years ago

I play the star wars games with the track ball. Its not bad that way.

#1933 6 years ago

Tracball?

Quoted from MRG:

I play the star wars games with the track ball. Its not bad that way.

267BEB50-35FC-4D3E-ABD1-40662576DF35 (resized).jpeg267BEB50-35FC-4D3E-ABD1-40662576DF35 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#1934 6 years ago
Quoted from eb94114:

Does anyone have a nice Burgertime, Spy Hunter (upright or cockpit), or Food Fight you might consider selling? If so, please send me a PM. I've been looking for these games for years, have gotten pretty close to each on a few occasions, but missed out each time. Thanks.

Was able to find an upright Spy Hunter, now still looking for a nice Food Fight and a nice Burgertime if you know of any for sale. Thanks.

#1935 6 years ago

Got a dedicated Fire Shark.

IMG_8444 (resized).jpgIMG_8444 (resized).jpg

IMG_9100 (resized).jpgIMG_9100 (resized).jpg

#1936 6 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Got a dedicated Fire Shark.

Oh boy, how you gonna bling that out?

#1937 6 years ago

Don't own any yet, but have been keeping an eye out for one. My current space is super limited, so one might be it for the time being.

Question - what is the general thought on multicades? There is one for sale a few hours from me, custom build with 2000 games (ran off PC I believe). Anything I should look for? I don't suppose any come with built in emulators for old consols (N64, Nintendo, SNES, etc...)? This would be a home use environment only.

#1938 6 years ago

If it's a PC it sure could have console emulators. Personally, I think the other console emulators on an arcade are overrated. I built mine with them, but they are all disabled. With few exceptions, console games don't feel great with an arcade stick. If you want something to emulate console games, I'd recommend spending the extra $50 and pickup a raspberry pi and controllers. I also went though and deleted 75% of the arcade roms. I feel like these guys with 4000+ arcade games have a lot of bad games. My build is currently sitting just under 500 games.

I'd also say with controls, sometimes less is more. Most people first starting out want everything. It just becomes overly complex, especially for guests. Do you really need a spinner, trackball, wheel, flight stick, etc. Yes, they are fun every now and then, but for the most part a good 2-player, 6-button layout is going to be all you need.

My number one suggestion with buying them, is to not overpay. These things homemade builds are a dime a dozen. In most cases they are an empty cabinet ($50), cheap pc or raspberry pi ($50), input device ($50), monitor ($50+), and controls ($50+). There are exceptions, but for the most part that's the basics. When looking what to pay, I'd look at how well put together it is. If it's some guy slapping it together it's worth it's value in parts. If it's well made then perhaps it's worth it to you to not have to do the work yourself.

#1939 6 years ago

Here is a rambling tour of my MAME build:

#1940 6 years ago

Doesn't need anything.

Quoted from MustangPaul:

Oh boy, how you gonna bling that out?

#1941 6 years ago

My original dedicated Sente Snake Pit

IMG_6767 (resized).jpgIMG_6767 (resized).jpg
IMG_6770 (resized).jpgIMG_6770 (resized).jpg
IMG_6779 (resized).jpgIMG_6779 (resized).jpg
IMG_6780 (resized).jpgIMG_6780 (resized).jpg
IMG_6786 (resized).jpgIMG_6786 (resized).jpg
IMG_6788 (resized).jpgIMG_6788 (resized).jpg
IMG_6792 (resized).jpgIMG_6792 (resized).jpg
IMG_6795 (resized).jpgIMG_6795 (resized).jpg
IMG_6800 (resized).jpgIMG_6800 (resized).jpg
IMG_6801 (resized).jpgIMG_6801 (resized).jpg
IMG_6810 (resized).jpgIMG_6810 (resized).jpg
IMG_6769 (resized).jpgIMG_6769 (resized).jpg

IMG_6797 (resized).jpgIMG_6797 (resized).jpg
IMG_6775 (resized).jpgIMG_6775 (resized).jpg
IMG_6776 (resized).jpgIMG_6776 (resized).jpg

IMG_5490 (resized).jpgIMG_5490 (resized).jpg

IMG_6798 (resized).jpgIMG_6798 (resized).jpg

#1942 6 years ago

A few more recent projects.

IMG_9118 (resized).jpgIMG_9118 (resized).jpg

IMG_9121 (resized).jpgIMG_9121 (resized).jpg

#1943 6 years ago

IMG_8442 (resized).jpgIMG_8442 (resized).jpg

IMG_8274 (resized).jpgIMG_8274 (resized).jpg

#1944 6 years ago

IMG_8322 (resized).jpgIMG_8322 (resized).jpg
IMG_9102 (resized).jpgIMG_9102 (resized).jpg

IMG_8270 (resized).jpgIMG_8270 (resized).jpg

#1945 6 years ago

IMG_7272 (resized).jpgIMG_7272 (resized).jpg

#1947 6 years ago

Really stunning games!
I remember playing Snake Pit. So cool.

#1948 6 years ago

Those 2 are. Shipped out a few months ago.

#1949 6 years ago

I would pay serious $ to see PACMAN 's face when his guests say "that's nice, but do you have a centipede or galaga?"

#1950 6 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

I would pay serious $ to see pacman 's face when his guests say "that's nice, but do you have a centipede or galaga?"

But with pacman he probably does.

There are 4,473 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 90.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-arcade-games-do-you-own/page/39?hl=jason43 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.