20240401_120541.jpg
20240401_120549.jpg
Screenshot_20240402_133139_Facebook.jpg
IMG_2065 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2066 (resized).jpeg
20240313_195826 (resized).jpg
IMG_0071 (resized).JPG
IMG_0075 (resized).JPG
There are 4,473 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 90.
#1751 6 years ago

Do any of these mame cabs have Joust and Track&Field? Those are my two favorite games that I would need to have. Whenever I look at new ones for sale, they don't have these two titles.

#1752 6 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Do any of these mame cabs have Joust and Track&Field? Those are my two favorite games that I would need to have. Whenever I look at new ones for sale, they don't have these two titles.

If it's MAME, you should be able to load virtually any game you can imagine on to it.

#1753 6 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

You were probably looking at machines that had a 60-in-1 or similar board set as opposed to MAME which is running on a computer...

Jaz

#1754 6 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

The Arcade SD PC board doesn't have Track and Field available, but it does have Joust:

https://www.phoenixarcade.com/sites/default/files/arcadesd_gamelist2016.pdf
https://www.phoenixarcade.com/product-category/arcadesd

#1755 6 years ago

Here's a rare one that I kept for a week. It's in good hands in Tennessee now........

IMG_3464 (resized).JPGIMG_3464 (resized).JPG

#1756 6 years ago
Quoted from Comox-Rocks:

Here's a rare one that I kept for a week. It's in good hands in Tennessee now........

I vividly recall that 4-player Hot Rod game. I can't remember where I played it, but it was on vacation somewhere when I was in high school. My friend and I loved it! That one looks like it's in amazingly nice condition. Was it restored?

#1757 6 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Yes my MAME cabinet has Joust , Track and Field, and about 5000 other games. NES, SNES, and Sega Genesis.

#1758 6 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

I have the jamma PCB but not the dedicated game.

Let me know if ya ever wanna get rid of it.

#1759 6 years ago

Ive always liked the old Nintendo arcades. I’ve got a Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr and a dual monitor Playchoice 10. I’d really like to find a Punch Out or Super Punch Out. If anyone has one for sale, let me know.

#1760 6 years ago

Anyone happen to have a spare Sprint 2 gear shifter bezel for sale? The one on the right on my cab has had the numbers ground off

#1761 6 years ago

Space is limited so I picked up this.

C0A383C8-FF71-4792-B211-4CF8ED1C357D (resized).jpegC0A383C8-FF71-4792-B211-4CF8ED1C357D (resized).jpeg

#1762 6 years ago

Nice !
Who is the manufacturer ?

#1763 6 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Nice !
Who is the manufacturer ?

It’s a redecaled Game Gate.

#1764 6 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Space is limited so I picked up this.

Nice! Did you go with the standard setup ~10k games or did you do the full upgrade to 50k+ games? Also, did you get the system switcher? It is awesome playing PS4 on the game gate!

#1765 6 years ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

Nice! Did you go with the standard setup ~10k games or did you do the full upgrade to 50k+ games? Also, did you get the system switcher? It is awesome playing PS4 on the game gate!

I went with the standard. Did you keep yours or trade? I almost went with the SFV artwork. Yours looks so amazing. I’ll have to ask about the system switcher. I thought it was included. Have an XBoX One that I’d like to thro in there.

#1766 6 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

I went with the standard. Did you keep yours or trade? I almost went with the SFV artwork. Yours looks so amazing. I’ll have to ask about the system switcher. I thought it was included. Have an XBoX One that I’d like to thro in there.

Still have it for the time being. Thinking about trading it, but it would have to be for the right pin.

It is amazing, you will love it. The upgraded system is also amazing (I may be bias, b/c I redid it for him), but I assume he charges a substantial amount for it since the 10TB hard drive alone is around $500.

You will love it. Enjoy!

#1767 6 years ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

Still have it for the time being. Thinking about trading it, but it would have to be for the right pin.
It is amazing, you will love it. The upgraded system is also amazing (I may be bias, b/c I redid it for him), but I assume he charges a substantial amount for it since the 10TB hard drive alone is around $500.
You will love it. Enjoy!

Thanks! Mind if I pick your brain on it sometime? Pretty sure he’s no longer making them this high end. I supposedly got the last one of this version. Really really excited.

#1768 6 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Thanks! Mind if I pick your brain on it sometime? Pretty sure he’s no longer making them this high end. I supposedly got the last one of this version. Really really excited.

Absolutely. Shoot me a PM whenever!

I knew he was down to two as of a week ago. This really makes me reconsider trading now...I know he is not going to make them anymore. His main business is booming and the costs of these were getting too high.

Congrats on the purchase!

3 weeks later
#1769 6 years ago

shot in the dark but i am looking for a dragons lair cab, project is okay as long as it has the score board intact.

#1770 6 years ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

Seems like overkill either way. I've been trying to to cap my most recent build at 500 games. I feel having so many games makes them non-apprrochable for guests.

#1771 6 years ago

Picked up a '78 Atari Football game not too long ago. It plays! But tough!

... but will benefit from new trackball rollers-n-bearings as well as a cap kit for the monitor.

Game on!

20171217_170458 (resized).jpg20171217_170458 (resized).jpg

#1772 6 years ago
Quoted from OTTOgd:

Picked up a '78 Atari Football game not too long ago. It plays! But tough!
... but will benefit from new trackball rollers-n-bearings as well as a cap kit for the monitor.
Game on!

I helped my uncle fix his. Replace the giant cap on the power supply too... that will cause monitor noise as well. There was either one or two giant caps on that supply I don’t remember.

#1773 6 years ago

I was big into restoring video games before getting hooked on pins. Once I finished the basement I finally had space to put together my dream lineup.

IMG_1342 (resized).jpgIMG_1342 (resized).jpg

IMG_1344 (resized).jpgIMG_1344 (resized).jpg

IMG_1351 (resized).jpgIMG_1351 (resized).jpg

IMG_1352 (resized).jpgIMG_1352 (resized).jpg

#1774 6 years ago

Nice collection. I have MK2, UMK3, NBA JAM TE, REVX, KI, WWF (and some others too). Always doubting to add T2 back in the lineup.

#1775 6 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

I was big into restoring video games before getting hooked on pins. Once I finished the basement I finally had space to put together my dream lineup.

Great gameroom. You ever think of breaking the rack the other direction, away from the pins?

#1776 6 years ago

I recently picked up a 60 in 1 arcade, it was pretty popular over the holidays. I’m thinking about adding a MAME cabinet as well. I like the look of the Game Gate, but it seems they aren’t making them anymore if I’m reading this thread right. Maybe I’ll find a secondhand one.

#1777 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Great gameroom. You ever think of breaking the rack the other direction, away from the pins?

thanks! --- good catch. When we play I actually do break from the other side but for the most part the pool table is the least used attraction in the basement and for some reason I prefer to look a it setup this direction.

#1778 6 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Nice collection. I have MK2, UMK3, NBA JAM TE, REVX, KI, WWF (and some others too). Always doubting to add T2 back in the lineup.

Thanks man - we both seem to be fond of the 90's titles ... I had a revolution X project that I was going to do a year or so ago but ended up selling it off as I had too much going on at the time. Wish I had kept it and have fought the urge a couple times to pick up another. if I wasn't out of space I would probably have one or a Simpsons.

#1779 6 years ago

thanks! --- good catch. When we play I actually do break from the other side but for the most part the pool table is the least used attraction in the basement and for some reason I prefer to look a it setup this direction.

Before I got pins I had a 7ft slate table in the basement and kept launching the Q on breaks (I break hard lol) so I moved the table out to my garage/shop/Game Room II.

#1780 6 years ago

I got a multicade that has only around 80 games on it. My friend has one that has over 400

#1781 6 years ago

These are all the rage now. Cheap too.
ebay.com link: i

#1782 6 years ago
Quoted from MRG:

These are all the rage now. Cheap too.
ebay.com link

Thats neat, who owns one and can chime in??

#1783 6 years ago

Yeah, what he said. I'm real curious

#1784 6 years ago

Is there a list of games that come with those?

#1785 6 years ago

That Big Blue with ST is sweet.

Those Pandora's Boxes are a get what you pay for deal. They're cheap Chinese bootleg games. Some will run fine, some will have minor issues you might not notice, some will be sketchier. They don't always work with existing Jamma harnesses. You can find adapters to help with that. Personally I'd avoid, but so long as you go in eyes wide open there's no reason to not mess with them if you're curious.

#1786 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

That Big Blue with ST is sweet.
Those Pandora's Boxes are a get what you pay for deal. They're cheap Chinese bootleg games. Some will run fine, some will have minor issues you might not notice, some will be sketchier. They don't always work with existing Jamma harnesses. You can find adapters to help with that. Personally I'd avoid, but so long as you go in eyes wide open there's no reason to not mess with them if you're curious.

I just like the plug and play aspect of it. I tried to do MAME at home with a tank stick and the tedious menu building, sorting through games, etc, really turned me off. This seems like a nice plug and play MAME box I can take with me and plug in any where. Id be interested to know which one gets it right.

#1787 6 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Is there a list of games that come with those?

It's in the auction listing, check the last pictures. I had a Pandora 4 long time ago but hated it because it had screen tearing. I wonder if this Pandora 5s fixed that?

#1788 6 years ago

I saw the lists--lots of favorites not on there, which is too bad. Was looking for Joust, Xevious, Defender. It's possible I missed them (I'm sure they put the lists in that format so they are not digitally searchable and can't get in legal hot water), but I don't think they were on the list.

#1789 6 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

It's in the auction listing, check the last pictures. I had a Pandora 4 long time ago but hated it because it had screen tearing. I wonder if this Pandora 5s fixed that?

I doubt it, these boxes are about quantity over quality. But people are pretty good about doing YouTube reviews, check out how things look when they're running. But yeah, if things like screen tearing or inaccurate sound bother you then I'd avoid.

#1790 6 years ago

There are plenty YouTube videos of the pandora box. Check out the reviews. It just plug and play.

#1791 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I doubt it, these boxes are about quantity over quality. But people are pretty good about doing YouTube reviews, check out how things look when they're running. But yeah, if things like screen tearing or inaccurate sound bother you then I'd avoid.

Yeah just watched a Youtube video on the new Pandora 5s shown in that auction, still has screen tearing. Definitely not for me.

#1792 6 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Seems like overkill either way. I've been trying to to cap my most recent build at 500 games. I feel having so many games makes them non-apprrochable for guests.

I think it depends on the interface and how user friendly it is. I don’t think it is overkill at all. If you feel like playing a certain game, it is there for you; technology continues to advance and allow these things to become available to us. That is like saying that Spotify or Apple Music is overkill and you would rather have a 5GB iPod that only stores a few songs.

Some may have the latter prospective and that is cool, but I choose to embrace what is possible these days!

#1793 6 years ago

The multi boards are CRAP. Let me say that again - CRAP. Total quantity no quality.

To do it right use a Raspberry PI or do a PC based mame machine.

If you plan to use it for 1 day a year the multi board is fine but if you want any real use out of it and want the games to play and sound reasonably accurate do not touch the multi boards.

#1794 6 years ago

I'm using an NVIDIA Shield and Hyperspin for my setup.

I have a dedicated cabinet that goes to sleep like your phone. Wiggle the joystick and it wakes up.

I've also got additional Shields connected to TVs around the house with the Hyperspin data on my NAS (network storage, shared 4TB of media/games)

#1795 6 years ago

Absolutely incredible game room!!!

#1796 6 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

I'm using an NVIDIA Shield and Hyperspin for my setup.
» YouTube video
I have a dedicated cabinet that goes to sleep like your phone. Wiggle the joystick and it wakes up.
I've also got additional Shields connected to TVs around the house with the Hyperspin data on my NAS (network storage, shared 4TB of media/games)

Shield...tablet? Ive got one of those! I will have to look into this...

#1797 6 years ago

I've lost all my interest in emulation, real hardware is much more interesting. I've got more games and things to do than time, so the whole "but you could have 3000 games at your fingertips" thing doesn't really mean much. But if you're not an arcade geek and just want to play some games it's pretty amazing.

#1798 6 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

The multi boards are CRAP. Let me say that again - CRAP. Total quantity no quality.
To do it right use a Raspberry PI or do a PC based mame machine.
If you plan to use it for 1 day a year the multi board is fine but if you want any real use out of it and want the games to play and sound reasonably accurate do not touch the multi boards.

I have a 60 in 1 game, the games look, play and sound just like I remember when I was a kid. What’s crap about them? Or maybe you’re talking about something different from what I have. I ask because this is my first arcade machine and am not very knowledgeable yet. Mine is JAMMA if that matters. Is that better than MAME? I would like to get a machine that plays games in the horizontal orientation and was considering one that had a lot more than my 60 in 1, something like a Game Gate. Should I be looking at something different? I appreciate any education you can send my way. Thanks.

#1799 6 years ago

What is the going rate for a Joust in nice shape?

#1800 6 years ago
Quoted from DngrWillRobinson:

I have a 60 in 1 game, the games look, play and sound just like I remember when I was a kid. What’s crap about them? Or maybe you’re talking about something different from what I have. I ask because this is my first arcade machine and am not very knowledgeable yet. Mine is JAMMA if that matters. Is that better than MAME? I would like to get a machine that plays games in the horizontal orientation and was considering one that had a lot more than my 60 in 1, something like a Game Gate. Should I be looking at something different? I appreciate any education you can send my way. Thanks.

You have a multi board which is one of the “better” ones but that is relatively speaking. That board essentially knocks off emulated games. To put it another way, it is slightly worse than emulation but still technically emulation. If you compare the games to the actual hardware or a properly configured MAME system you will see some differences in the graphics and will hear many differences in the sound. The 60 in 1 is fine but it is a $40 board and you get what you pay for. The games will mostly seem right to you since you haven’t played the real hardware recently to compare. I also dislike the menu and the way it kicks you out after each game.

Instead of a 60 in 1 I use a raspberry pi. This allows me to customize the game list to ANYTHING I want, emulates far more accurately and also does other cool stuff like saving high scores. The cost of a plug and play jamma raspberry pi is about $200. The Pi itself is $30 but the jamma hardware that makes it plug and play costs more. You can also do it yourself much cheaper if you have the inclination.

I think for anyone who is really into arcade games (plays a few hours a week) you really do yourself a disservice with a multi board and should really use a PC for mame or raspberry pi. This is merely my opinion though. Many people don’t like to handle configuring games and stuff. It’s all personal preference.

There are 4,473 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 90.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-arcade-games-do-you-own/page/36?hl=dngrwillrobinson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.