4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2,688 posts
  • 489 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by eb94114
  • Topic is favorited by 100 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,769 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20181102_210826_1541218358259_001 (resized).jpg
20181102_211013 (resized).jpg
games (resized).jpg
27662E0C-CDBB-4153-A2A6-2091F84C0A4C (resized).jpeg
42B1A54E-0DC9-467E-91D6-9D35DFD4055C (resized).jpeg
9CBA2F43-560A-440F-A4BE-67D8D52A7799 (resized).jpeg
03622E45-096D-40FF-919C-681348A5D6A3 (resized).jpeg
QGrandAm25RotateMech (resized).jpg
IMG-2682 (resized).JPG
Q GrandAm 25 (resized).JPEG
Gameroom_1 (resized).jpg
C3C6DF06-B124-46C3-B1F3-81645CB2C8E5 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6766.JPG
IMG_0164.JPG
A2736272-45FB-47F2-A824-E8A1A444965F (resized).jpeg
BE870CD1-C4C0-474C-A61A-E112B01E5D0B (resized).jpeg

There are 2688 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 54.
#751 4 years ago

roadblasters is a great classic atari game.

yes, what joe said.... see if you can find a marble madness or indiana jones kit (both great games too for the system1 cabs).

i own all 3 kits (def one of my fave arcades out there).

Quoted from embryonjohn:

What would you say the value of my Roadblasters is? I'm new to the stand-up game world

#752 4 years ago

1974 Atari Quadrapong. the first cocktail game. i sold a board for one to the Atari museum a while back and was excited when i actually found a cab. it needed some repair but i got it working greta now. all TTL. i'm putting it back on location after 40 years of sitting in a warehouse.

20150922_174339-1.jpg

#753 4 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

yes, what joe said.... see if you can find a marble madness or Indiana Jones kit (both great games too for the system1 cabs).

Where should I look for the kits you mentioned?

#754 4 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

Where should I look for the kits you mentioned?

you could post a wtb ad over on klov.com or maybe ebay too

#755 4 years ago

Greetings everyone, as this is my first time on this forum topic. Though I prefer pinball over anything, (w/ the exception of my wife) we have a full size arcade cabinet w/ a 621 in 1 Blue Elf. We also have a 2012 Merit Ion Touchscreen. The Merit Ion is loads of fun, w/ great competition between the entire family. I would highly recommend this ~ as these machines have gone down in price. The Blue Elf is excellent entertainment for the "olderly" who have an adolescent connection to these arcade classics. My only question 001.JPG >>> is there a way to include the vertical classics (on a horizontal VGA) like Donkey Kong & Pac Man on the 621 Blue Elf? Possibly an unknown compatible SD card??? An 1100 in 1 perhaps... 002.JPG

#756 4 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

yes, what joe said.... see if you can find a marble madness or Indiana Jones kit (both great games too for the system1 cabs).

No Peter Pack Rat or Road runner?

#757 4 years ago
Quoted from Ockeyhead:

is there a way to include the vertical classics (on a horizontal VGA) like Donkey Kong & Pac Man on the 621 Blue Elf? Possibly an unknown compatible SD card??? An 1100 in 1 perhaps...

Kind of. I have a cocktail table that runs Blue Elf and has both the 621 for horizontal and the 412 for vertical. There is controller on each end classic style for the vertical and two controllers on one side for the vertical. It is a pretty sweet set up and works well. I thought I had a pic but I will have to add it later.

#758 4 years ago

Anyone interested in a 4 player blitz 2000, standup Cruisin World or a Big Buckhunter Sporstman Paradise? I'm located in Chicago. I'm looking to add another pin to the collection so need to free up some room. Interested in trades + cash on my end as well.

#759 4 years ago

ohh... peter pack rat is pretty cool... not my fave, but still pretty cool.

there is some good info / pics of 4 of the 5 kits over here...

http://www.classicarcadeonline.com/system1kits.html

Quoted from girloveswaffles:

#760 4 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Peter Packrat is AWESOME!!! I really miss mine, Worst sale decision I ever made

packrat2.jpg

packrat.jpg

#761 4 years ago

Thanks jwwhite15! The pizza shop down the street has a cocktail set up w/ the 1100 in 1 Blue Elf. Though it's a very nice set up, it would be great to have "everything" on our home cabinet. What we're looking for is a board or SD Card that would include the verticals on a horizontal screen. Since I'm a relatively new to this, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

#762 4 years ago

I've got a 1200 game Jamma and last week I got my first dedicated cab, Operation Wolf!! so awesome !

#763 4 years ago
Quoted from Ockeyhead:

What we're looking for is a board or SD Card that would include the verticals on a horizontal screen. Since I'm a relatively new to this, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

My understanding is that the only way to have both on a machine is to have two boards (hard drives, whatever) and swap between the two whilst also changing the orientation of the monitor from horizontal to vertical to suit that particular board. I've not seen horizontal and vertical games on a single board.

#764 4 years ago

Original MS. Pacman stand up arcade

#765 4 years ago

Yes, I have read about the rotating monitor to capture both h/v. And yes, that would be quite the contraption. But this would be an odd ball & technical undertaking. Does anyone have some advice on the Games Family 3000 in 1 ~ or whatever, ect...? I really don't want a computer type (w/ the fan noise) but could be swayed.

#766 4 years ago
Quoted from Ockeyhead:

Yes, I have read about the rotating monitor to capture both h/v. And yes, that would be quite the contraption. But this would be an odd ball & technical undertaking. Does anyone have some advice on the Games Family 3000 in 1 ~ or whatever, ect...? I really don't want a computer type (w/ the fan noise) but could be swayed.

If you're savy enough you could do a nice mame setup, or use a jamma switcher and use the arcadeSD board for vertical classics + your blu elf, still cheaper to go the PC Mame route, but it takes a bit of know how to set it up and get it running right

(ArcadeSD will do vert games on a horizontal monitor)

#767 4 years ago

This the new addition

20150924_180505.jpg

#768 4 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

My understanding is that the only way to have both on a machine is to have two boards (hard drives, whatever) and swap between the two whilst also changing the orientation of the monitor from horizontal to vertical to suit that particular board. I've not seen horizontal and vertical games on a single board.

You can have both on one screen, the only issue is that either the horizontal or the vertical games are rotated on the screen and don't fill the entire screen. Namco's Pac-Man Arcade party does this. Comes with a 22" wide screen monitor mounted vertically. Plays Pac-Man, Dig-Dug, Mappy, etc in near full screen, but games like Rally-X and Rolling Thunder are rotated and only take up part of the display.

#769 4 years ago

Thanks fellows!!! Alright, if we may go in a different direction. Does anyone have insight to the 2100 in 1 or 3100 in 1 boards? Are they for the most part functionable, & does the hard drive stand up over time?

#770 4 years ago
Quoted from marcand:

Those pics got better and better as I scrolled down. DKJR! Neo tall 4 slot! TRACK AND FIELD!!! POLARIS&BABYPAC!

Ok, kicking around selling the NeoGeo and maybe the DKJr. I can only keep so many dedicated cabs. Thinking I'd be asking 700/ea. Let me know if this interests anyone. Thanx

#771 4 years ago
Quoted from Ockeyhead:

is there a way to include the vertical classics (on a horizontal VGA) like Donkey Kong & Pac Man on the 621 Blue Elf? Possibly an unknown compatible SD card??? An 1100 in 1 perhaps

I built one multicade with a horizontal and vertical multicade board and had a 20 inch computer monitor that had a swivel stand. The 1100 will play both but the vertical games play with a smashed screen. I recommend getting two multicades or build a cocktail to play on horizontal or vertical side.

#772 4 years ago

I don't own any arcade machines but my dream lineup would be;
Ikari Warriors
Dragons Lair
Joust
Asteroids
Ghost N Goblins

#773 4 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

I don't own any arcade machines but my dream lineup would be;
Ikari Warriors
Dragons Lair
Joust
Asteroids
Ghost N Goblins

You DON'T. To be complete every home gameroom should have at least 2. Time to catch up to the Jones's.

#774 4 years ago

Just got a Ms Pac, so now it's that, donkey jr also a dk board, punch out also a super punch out board and joystick, zaxxon and final lap 2.

#775 4 years ago

my arcade collection currently is.....MAME.....tatio ice cold beer and a pair of mario kart drivers

#776 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

You DON'T. To be complete every home gameroom should have at least 2. Time to catch up to the Jones's.

No room, otherwise I would, actually if I had the room it would probably be another pin. Lol.

#777 4 years ago

I wish I could be satisfied with a mame.
But I really need the original controls, just doesn't feel the same otherwise.
Plus a lot of cabs out there are beauties.

#778 4 years ago

I was recently given a 33" arcade monitor, what the hell am I supposed to do with it?

#779 4 years ago

Centipede
Battlezone
Galaga
Pacman
Asteroids

#780 4 years ago

Just unloaded a very nice Operation Wolf into my garage. Side art is nice and bright with just a few smaller scrapes not even through into the wood, gun looks and operates great with recoil, black paint on the front and coin doors is almost perfect, the marque is perfect, the printed front glass has a couple of scratches but the printing looks great and the monitor is nice and bright with no burn in. The only negative is the top overlay that the gun is mounted onto has part of it peeled away. No rot or water damage on the compress board cabinet.

1 week later
#781 4 years ago

I just finished up modding out a Guerrilla War

#782 4 years ago
Quoted from boogies:

I just finished up modding out a Guerrilla War » YouTube video

really cool, i did something similar with my FiFJr and Centipede, and super punch out, and street fighter 2... and soon my robotron

#783 4 years ago

No great arcade shots yet, as more than half of my games in still in the garage at some level of restore. Here is what I have to this point. They all work 100%, they just need a little cosmetic improvement before I'll bring them in the house:

Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong Jr
Ms Pac-Man
Galaga Mini Cabaret
Nintendo Playchoice 10 dual monitor
Tron
Discs of Tron
Robotron
Tempest
Qbert
Elevator Action
Berzerk
Vs Nintendo Unisystem w/ 6 or so PCBs
Gyruss
Mario Bros Widebody
Ms Pac / Galaga Reunion Cocktail

I also have a Youtube channel that I'm going to start posting restore videos to if anyone is into that kind of stuff. Some great titles still to be restored. The new vids should start by next weekend and will go steady throughout the next year. In the meantime, the 110 game arcade warehouse raid series is up.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9ZZBPvPTiUR36wQv0Ut8QA

I'll get some game room photos posted soon.

#784 4 years ago

guess if i buy an iWatch, i can get games like Doom now...
check this out http://www.publicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=163

#785 4 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

guess if i buy an iWatch, i can get games like Doom now...
check this out http://www.publicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=163

It feels like my battery is drained in 8 hours as it is... I can't imagine playing a game on it now as well.

#786 4 years ago

just got me a very nice "big blue"

image.jpg

image_1.jpg

image_2.jpg

#787 4 years ago

I miss it already now that I am setting up the new game room

#788 4 years ago

Namco's rockin bowl o rama.

After seeing dead ones selling for $700+ at all the local auctions i had to see what all the hype was about.

Definitely a fun game with a cool retro look.

20150810_003127.jpg

#789 4 years ago

I've got something cool coming, but can't say yet so I don't jinx myself

#790 4 years ago
Quoted from gooterman:

Namco's rockin bowl o rama.
After seeing dead ones selling for $700+ at all the local auctions i had to see what all the hype was about.
Definitely a fun game with a cool retro look.

20150810_003127.jpg

Never played one of those.

#791 4 years ago
Quoted from Meph:

I miss it already now that I am setting up the new game room

I missed it while I was at work today!!

#792 4 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

image.jpg image_1.jpg image_2.jpg

Beautiful! The only SF2 cab to me is a Capcom Big Blue. Nice username as well

#793 4 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

image.jpg image_1.jpg image_2.jpg

robotron:
what filter are you running on your cell phone when taking photos? "authentic 1970s haze"?

otherwise, nice environmental SW!

#794 4 years ago

I've had many arcade games over the years and only one has stuck around (11 years and counting). My Playchoice 10. I did a Goonies graphics kit on it to display with the pin for last year's Free Play Florida show.

10479084_10205336998368843_4428048566740272012_o.jpg

#795 4 years ago

I would really like a playchoice 10. A lot of the games are becoming a little outrageous but I like the idea of being able to change out the different games. Yours, btw, is extremely excellent!

#796 4 years ago
Quoted from jwwhite15:

I would really like a playchoice 10. A lot of the games are becoming a little outrageous but I like the idea of being able to change out the different games. Yours, btw, is extremely excellent!

Yeah, for sure. I was definitely of the NES generation. It's so much fun to play SMB3 in an arcade cab.

#797 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

robotron:
what filter are you running on your cell phone when taking photos? "authentic 1970s haze"?
otherwise, nice environmental SW!

fingerprints haze. thanks for kind words, I have some rare games but had to put some 90s games in the arcade for my kids, they couldn't care less about quantum, varkon, major havoc. got them that "hazy" big blue and an nba jam to go with nba fastbreak pin.

#798 4 years ago
Quoted from Strange:

Beautiful! The only SF2 cab to me is a Capcom Big Blue. Nice username as well

thanks its got the multi kit, plays many Capcom games. robotron is my favorite game of all time, owner of a nos robotron cocktail:

photo_9.jpg

robocock1.jpg

robocock3.jpg

robocock2.jpg

robocock4.jpg

robocock5.jpg

#799 4 years ago

Selling my playchoice 10 to make room in the basement for a pin.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nintendo-playchoice-10-for-sale-in-iowa

#800 4 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

thanks its got the multi kit, plays many Capcom games. robotron is my favorite game of all time, owner of a nos robotron cocktail:

photo_9.jpg robocock1.jpgrobocock3.jpgrobocock2.jpgrobocock4.jpgrobocock5.jpg

That sir, is beautiful, probably the nicest in existence

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
$ 69.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 10.00
€ 197.00
Displays
PINBALLSP
$ 40.00
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Playfield - Plastics
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 71.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 119.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 65.00
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 7,399.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
There are 2688 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 54.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside