4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2,688 posts
  • 489 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by eb94114
  • Topic is favorited by 100 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,769 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20181102_210826_1541218358259_001 (resized).jpg
20181102_211013 (resized).jpg
games (resized).jpg
27662E0C-CDBB-4153-A2A6-2091F84C0A4C (resized).jpeg
42B1A54E-0DC9-467E-91D6-9D35DFD4055C (resized).jpeg
9CBA2F43-560A-440F-A4BE-67D8D52A7799 (resized).jpeg
03622E45-096D-40FF-919C-681348A5D6A3 (resized).jpeg
QGrandAm25RotateMech (resized).jpg
IMG-2682 (resized).JPG
Q GrandAm 25 (resized).JPEG
Gameroom_1 (resized).jpg
C3C6DF06-B124-46C3-B1F3-81645CB2C8E5 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6766.JPG
IMG_0164.JPG
A2736272-45FB-47F2-A824-E8A1A444965F (resized).jpeg
BE870CD1-C4C0-474C-A61A-E112B01E5D0B (resized).jpeg

There are 2688 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 54.
#701 4 years ago

A little off topic here but I thought I'd ask the video game guys here first. I was playing my Tempest, I smelled something burning and the monitor went dark. I pulled the back panel and found this. What got burnt and does anyone know how to fix it? Thanks much.

IMGA0111.jpg

IMGA0109.jpg

IMGA0110.jpg

#702 4 years ago

That WAS (or should have been) a 100uFD 35 V capacitor, and it looks like it wasn't the original one by the size (if it was the right value, don't worry about the size difference).

Here's where to download the schematics for that monitor: http://www.mikesarcade.com/arcade/monitors.html
Down load the Wells Gardner "K6100 - 2nd Printing" PDF file.

#703 4 years ago

maybe you can find someone local to repair it. if not, You can ship the chassis (need to send the frame too) to chad at arcadecup

http://www.arcadecup.com/

#704 4 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

That WAS (or should have been) a 100uFD 35 V capacitor, and it looks like it wasn't the original one by the size (if it was the right value, don't worry about the size difference).
Here's where to download the schematics for that monitor: http://www.mikesarcade.com/arcade/monitors.html
Down load the Wells Gardner "K6100 - 2nd Printing" PDF file.

I had some work done to it because the picture was squed. Got it back and it worked fine for about 30 hours of run time then this. Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

#705 4 years ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

maybe you can find someone local to repair it. if not, You can ship the chassis (need to send the frame too) to chad at arcadecup
http://www.arcadecup.com/

Thanks for the info, couldn't find anyone local to fix it last time (see last post). Thanks for the info, really appreciate it.

#706 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Thanks for the info, couldn't find anyone local to fix it last time (see last post). Thanks for the info, really appreciate it.

there are a few others that could. Some of the guys who post on klov would and possibly for a bit less, but chad knows what he is doing and has an established web page.

A few things you should look into doing to tempest. all depends on if tempest is a long term keeper for you and your repair skill level:
1:replace Big blue filter cap in transformer
2:recap the ARII board. Maybe look into doing the sense mod(You can read for and against on this).
3:Have the pcb rebuilt (replace the pots, recap the board, and reflow the pins on the interconnect cable)
4:check to make sure your edge connector fits tightly. if not, you might want to look into repining the connector.
5:if your spinner makes a brrrr sound when you spin it. look into lubricating or replacing the plastic bushings.

#707 4 years ago

Just one: Asteroids !

#708 4 years ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

there are a few others that could. Some of the guys who post on klov would and possibly for a bit less, but chad knows what he is doing and has an established web page.
A few things you should look into doing to tempest. all depends on if tempest is a long term keeper for you and your repair skill level:
1:replace Big blue filter cap in transformer
2:recap the ARII board. Maybe look into doing the sense mod(You can read for and against on this).
3:Have the pcb rebuilt (replace the pots, recap the board, and reflow the pins on the interconnect cable)
4:check to make sure your edge connector fits tightly. if not, you might want to look into repining the connector.
5:if your spinner makes a brrrr sound when you spin it. look into lubricating or replacing the plastic bushings.

WOW you really know your stuff thanks. I did #5 already.

#709 4 years ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

there are a few others that could. Some of the guys who post on klov would and possibly for a bit less, but chad knows what he is...

#5,

This has been debated quite a bit on klov... From memory, Atari got the brrr to happen with the original bushings because players would just force the spinner to spin and spin and never stop, the brrrr in the bushing caused the spinner to slow down and force the player to focus on playing the game instead of exploiting the spinner,

The spinner only needs cleaning and maybe rub the metal parts with machine oil

#710 4 years ago

Not quite on the level of some of you guys but here are my two.

Attachment_1.jpg

#711 4 years ago

What's a four player NBA Jam going for nowadays?

#712 4 years ago
Quoted from jsyjay:

Not quite on the level of some of you guys but here are my two.

Attachment_1.jpg

DK3 is one of my favorite dk games, very nice! its one of the few games Im actually decent at

#713 4 years ago

I have:

Dragon's Lair
Firefox
NFL Blitz 99
Star Wars Trilogy Arcade
Multigame cocktail table with an ArcadeSD installed.

1 week later
#714 4 years ago

Just put money down on a Midway M4. It should be here sometime next week if things go well.
M43.jpg
I also just snagged a $50 Breakout from a friend's coworker.

#715 4 years ago

You can see 8 of my games in this arcade video...

Adding more soon as we expand.

#716 4 years ago

Selling or up for Pin trade is my Dream Arcade, it has hundreds of classics already downloaded and can support thousands more. New condition.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/23120

#717 4 years ago

Anyone bought that one ?

StarWars_BattlePod_PremiumEdition_Vader.jpg

#718 4 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Anyone bought that one ?

If i had a LAZY $100,000 US dollars just lying around begging to be spent, OH HELL YES !!! i'd be right on it

#719 4 years ago

I'm always looking to buy a NBA Jam or Smash TV if anyone has one for sale, MK2 or SF2 as well

#720 4 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

If i had a LAZY $100,000 US dollars just lying around begging to be spent, OH HELL YES !!! i'd be right on it

Crazy !!!! odds are at least 1 person on this site have pockets deep enough to afford it.

I have to admit it is the nicest arcade cabinet I have ever seen

#721 4 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

I'm always looking to buy a NBA Jam or Smash TV if anyone has one for sale, MK2 or SF2 as well

Never bothered to post them here. Just sold both the Super SF2T and NBA Jam TE. Next month I have another original Big Blue cabinet I will be restoring. I have Street Fighter 2 HF, Super SF2, and Super SF2T boards I can put in it. When I get it done I will let you know if you are interested.

20150812_130557_zpsj7ehuapn.jpg

20150812_131309_zps6ybe5p1y.jpg

#722 4 years ago

oh man I would have been all over those two! Yeah please let me know when you complete it!

#723 4 years ago
Quoted from Meph:

Never bothered to post them here. Just sold both the Super SF2T and NBA Jam TE. Next month I have another original Big Blue cabinet I will be restoring. I have street fighter 2 HF, Super SF2, and Super SF2T boards I can put in it. When I get it done I will let you know if you are interested.

20150812_130557_zpsj7ehuapn.jpg 20150812_131309_zps6ybe5p1y.jpg

If you don't mind me asking, how much did they sell for?

#724 4 years ago

I still think we need a dedicated club for anything arcade related (including for sale posts, wanted item posts, restore projects, etc). I realize this is foremost a pinball forum but it seems that a high percentage of peeps have at least 1 or more arcade machines in conjunction with their pinball collections. What do you think guys and gals? I did actually message Robin about doing this but he never got back to me, most likely either missed it or was probably swamped with other messages etc at the time. I'm happy to start a club thread for ALL things arcade related.

#725 4 years ago

Well I am not going to throw out actual prices because the buyer is a member here but I will say the NBA Jam was a "players" condition machine and priced accordingly. The Big Blue was a total restore. Custom cut wood control panel. Because it was the wider control panel a NOS Street Fighter overlay was too small so a member on KLOV made me the oversized one to fit. The joystick overlays I cut out of an original beat up control panel I had here, scanned them and we reproduced them. The marquee isn't a translite but custom printed glass. It has led light strips on a manual dimmer in the marquee and acrylic neck. Lastly, it has one of the new CPS2 multi kits that Darksoft just released this summer. It has every CS2 game on a single CF card. Lets just say that machine was as much as most people's first pin budget on pinside.

It's an amazing machine but definitely not for the person just wanting to bang away at some Street Fighter. The next machine wont be at that price range. Its a standard sized Big Blue and will have a single CPS2 board in it. I will keep you updated.

#726 4 years ago
Quoted from Meph:

Well I am not going to throw out actual prices because the buyer is a member here but I will say the NBA Jam was a "players" condition machine and priced accordingly. The Big Blue was a total restore. Custom cut wood control panel. Because it was the wider control panel a NOS Street Fighter overlay was too small so a member on KLOV made me the oversized one to fit. The joystick overlays I cut out of an original beat up control panel I had here, scanned them and we reproduced them. The marquee isn't a translite but custom printed glass. It has led light strips on a manual dimmer in the marquee and acrylic neck. Lastly, it has one of the new CPS2 multi kits that Darksoft just released this summer. It has every CS2 game on a single CF card. Lets just say that machine was as much as most people's first pin budget on pinside.
It's an amazing machine but definitely not for the person just wanting to bang away at some Street Fighter. The next machine wont be at that price range. Its a standard sized Big Blue and will have a single CPS2 board in it. I will keep you updated.

I understand I only ask because I don't track arcade prices very closely, and like pinballs, the prices out there are all over the map! That capcom cab sounds and looks crazy nice though!

#727 4 years ago

image.jpg Rush 2049 linked together. So much fun, so much a pain at first. I could not get anyone to work on them for any price . So I did it myself , these games were built in way that is so easy to work on. Now if I just had more pinball repair skills, but at least I can get someone to come work on them when needed.

#728 4 years ago

Sega Thunderblade

#729 4 years ago

I would LOVE to get a Daytona USA twin racer.

For now, just have these:

DSCF9531.jpg

#730 4 years ago
Quoted from Snowyetti:

Sega Thunderblade

pic from 1991 of my brother playing Thunder Blade at a Chuck E Cheese in SE Michigan.

0_zpsfflzynkv.jpg

#731 4 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Anyone bought that one ?

StarWars_BattlePod_PremiumEdition_Vader.jpg

Own it? I just wish there was some place I could PLAY it!

#732 4 years ago

some of mine. love me arcades as much as pinball.

image.jpg

image_1.jpg

#733 4 years ago
Quoted from Meph:

Never bothered to post them here. Just sold both the Super SF2T and NBA Jam TE. Next month I have another original Big Blue cabinet I will be restoring. I have street fighter 2 HF, Super SF2, and Super SF2T boards I can put in it. When I get it done I will let you know if you are interested.

20150812_130557_zpsj7ehuapn.jpg 20150812_131309_zps6ybe5p1y.jpg

these are so awesome.....lucky buyer!!!

#734 4 years ago

Another one finished today but also leaving this week. I did the artwork for this one. Not really my style but exactly what the customer wanted so that's all that matters. I have another identical cabinet and my 8 year old isn't going to let me build another to sell before I build his, so I guess I know what one of my fall/winter projects will be.

20150906_111542_zps46qxwlil.jpg

#735 4 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

image.jpg image_1.jpg

You've got some serious shit there. I love me some Quantum!

#736 4 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

You've got some serious shit there. I love me some Quantum!

Yeah Anthony doesn't mess around!

#737 4 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

image.jpg image_1.jpg

To add to what was just said...

Those aren't just any titles...those are some AMAZING vids. Props!

#738 4 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

image.jpg image_1.jpg

Forgotten Worlds! Paramecium! Zenny!

1 week later
#739 4 years ago

Just added these this weekend...
2015-09-12 21.10.44.jpg2015-09-12 21.10.40.jpg2015-09-12 21.11.04.jpg

#740 4 years ago
Quoted from jwwhite15:

2015-09-12 21.10.44.jpg 2015-09-12 21.10.40.jpg 2015-09-12 21.11.04.jpg

that maroon DKJR cab confuses me, someone must have slapped on paint at one point?

Cool games!

#741 4 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

hat maroon DKJR cab confuses me, someone must have slapped on paint at one point?

Yeah, the paint sucks but the game plays great and when I put it in it's place the sides will be barely noticeable.

#742 4 years ago

wish i could find a Stern cliff hanger , and a space ace. i love those animated games as a kid.

#743 4 years ago
Quoted from jwwhite15:

2015-09-12 21.10.44.jpg 2015-09-12 21.10.40.jpg 2015-09-12 21.11.04.jpg

Those pics got better and better as I scrolled down. DKJR! Neo tall 4 slot! TRACK AND FIELD!!! POLARIS&BABYPAC!

WAHHHHHAHHAHAHLJLSAFDJAJOJASODIJAS!

Ok... Feel better now - great score!

#744 4 years ago

Just got an Atari Roadblasters

#745 4 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

Just got an Atari Roadblasters

Upright or cockpit version?

#746 4 years ago

Upright. No room for the big'n

#747 4 years ago

What would you say the value of my Roadblasters is? I'm new to the stand-up game world

#748 4 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

What would you say the value of my Roadblasters is?

All depends on condition.

Fully working, nice cabinet, full side art (very often pealed & torn away on that game), maybe $400 if you're lucky.

50% of side art present, $300.

Convert it to a Marble Madness (a WAY better game to most people), add at least $150. (that series of games made in exactly the same cabinet and main PCB. Just swap control panels, marquees, and game specific daughter board).

Joe (joemagiera at ameritech dot net)
joemagiera@ameritech.net

#749 4 years ago

Thanks Joe!
We really like the retro cool of our game

#750 4 years ago

Brought a Midway M-4 in two days ago. Still trying to get it to work, but I narrowed it down to 3 faulty diodes on the power supply board. I'll probably just swap in a working Space Invaders power supply as they use the same model.

IMG_0113.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Bent Mods
$ 17.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 2.50
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 107.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 30.40
$ 45.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Other
Siegecraft Electronics
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
€ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 26.95
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Rubber/Silicone
Scandinavian Pinball
$ 1,099.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 149.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 289.00
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 44.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple
There are 2688 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 54.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside