20240401_120541.jpg
20240401_120549.jpg
Screenshot_20240402_133139_Facebook.jpg
IMG_2065 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2066 (resized).jpeg
20240313_195826 (resized).jpg
IMG_0071 (resized).JPG
IMG_0075 (resized).JPG
There are 4,473 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 90.
#451 9 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

I've watched PACMAN's restores for a few years now. I have yet to figure out if he plays them, just collects them, resells them, or just hoards them until he can unload them in the future. No judgement here and are some of the best looking games I have ever seen.

he's making them all for my private collection

#452 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

he's making them all for my private collection

When did you hit the lottery?

#453 9 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

I've watched PACMAN's restores for a few years now. I have yet to figure out if he plays them, just collects them, resells them, or just hoards them until he can unload them in the future. No judgement here and are some of the best looking games I have ever seen.

He must have a fortune in games then.

#454 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

When did you hit the lottery?

just sold my TOM at TFP for $10,000,000 last weekend so I can finally afford to buy his collection now.
adding the colorDMD really made the difference

#455 9 years ago

I don't sell the restored games, so I have no idea

Quoted from MustangPaul:

When your done with it how much does something like that sell for, if you don't mind me asking.

#456 9 years ago

The plan is to open a museum but we'll see. I've had a few groups come through from Cub Scouts, noisy teenagers and old farts like us It was hard at first seeing the games getting beat up by kids but I knew they wouldn't stay perfect forever so I just took a deep breath and watched their faces light up in amazement. At least I know they'll never get cigarette burns again.

Quoted from dantebean:

#457 9 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

The plan is to open a museum but we'll see. I've had a few groups come through from Cub Scouts, noisy teenagers and old farts like us It was hard at first seeing the games getting beat up by kids but I knew they wouldn't stay perfect forever so I just took a deep breath and watched their faces light up in amazement. At least I know they'll never get cigarette burns again.

...Even my Fix-it Felix has cigarette burns. That just goes to show you how common that stuff is if prop builders decided to incorporate it for authenticity.

#458 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

just sold my TOM at TFP for $10,000,000 last weekend so I can finally afford to buy his collection now.
adding the colorDMD really made the difference

DAMN

#459 9 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Good plan.

#460 9 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

better person than I am. I would get sick watching them get beat up!

#461 9 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

I don't sell the restored games, so I have no idea

What do you do if you can't find a new control panel overlay? Luckly someone made both overlays for Tempest when I spruced mine up.

#462 9 years ago

I need to get these for edot !!!
Illuminated T-molding

http://gameroomjunkies.com/index.php/2015/03/31/illuminated-t-molding/

#463 9 years ago

I make my own

I've completed about 200 art projects in the last 4 years or so.
Cpos, side art, bezels, marquees, etc.

Quoted from MustangPaul:

What do you do if you can't find a new control panel overlay? Luckly someone made both overlays for Tempest when I spruced mine up.

#464 9 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

I make my own
I've completed about 200 art projects in the last 4 years or so.
Cpos, side art, bezels, marquees, etc.

Yes I saw some cool stuff you made over on klov. Did you ever finish the crossbow stuff? I need cpo and sideart. Let me know. Ed

#465 9 years ago

Crossbow cpos are getting dialed in with the help of my bud Mark.
Wrapping up the Mad Planets lower cpo first. Then the crossbow side art will be next.

Quoted from Fast-Ed:

Yes I saw some cool stuff you made over on klov. Did you ever finish the crossbow stuff? I need cpo and sideart. Let me know. Ed

#466 9 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Crossbow cpos are getting dialed in with the help of my bud Mark.
Wrapping up the Mad Planets lower cpo first. Then the crossbow side art will be next.

Cool, I'm in for both.

#467 9 years ago

Sick of arcade games. Pretty much anchors in my opinion but have 2:

Galaga / pa man class of 81 combo. Always will love Galaga!

Toobin. Best one best arcade games ever!!! Paperboy in there too

#468 9 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

shows lots of cool shit

i've never seen that return of the jedi game. Is that a vector like the other 2? Didn't know ROTJ was even made. Has the same controller as SW and ESB.

#469 9 years ago

Hey Pacman, have you done a good CPO for Arkanoid? I would like a neat CPO that is a little more colorful than the original.

#470 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

i've never seen that return of the jedi game. Is that a vector like the other 2? Didn't know ROTJ was even made. Has the same controller as SW and ESB.

It's not a vector. It's the red-headed stepchild of the series. Most people hated it (I like it). While it has the flight yoke controller, the game is played from an isometric perspective (like Zaxxon) which makes control a little counterintuitive.

#471 9 years ago

Yep, i like it too even though the controls are wonky. Especially when you have to fly in reverse to escape the Death Star explosion.

Quoted from Code_Blue:

It's not a vector. It's the red-headed stepchild of the series. Most people hated it (I like it). While it has the flight yoke controller, the game is played from an isometric perspective (like Zaxxon) which makes control a little counterintuitive.

Screen Shot 2015-04-04 at 11.40.24 AM.pngScreen Shot 2015-04-04 at 11.40.24 AM.png Screen Shot 2015-04-04 at 11.40.46 AM.pngScreen Shot 2015-04-04 at 11.40.46 AM.png Screen Shot 2015-04-04 at 11.41.20 AM.pngScreen Shot 2015-04-04 at 11.41.20 AM.png Screen Shot 2015-04-04 at 11.41.37 AM.pngScreen Shot 2015-04-04 at 11.41.37 AM.png
#472 9 years ago

I'm working on one, not sure if its going to to be Arkanoid or Revenge of DOH or both.

Quoted from NathanP:

Hey Pacman, have you done a good CPO for Arkanoid? I would like a neat CPO that is a little more colorful than the original.

#474 9 years ago

Finally got 1 of these NOS little puppies.
image.jpgimage.jpg

#475 9 years ago
Quoted from Code_Blue:

Dare I say I prefer Return of the Jedi over Empire albeit the latter is a vector.

Besides the Walker level in Empire; the other levels were just blah and dull.

#476 9 years ago

Anyone have any Dynamo style cabinets to get rid of in FL?
I want to build a Xmen Vs SF...

#477 9 years ago

looks perty..... berzerk??

Quoted from labnip:

Finally got 1 of these NOS little puppies.
image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

#478 9 years ago

Playchoice 10 Countertop replacement joystick
Mine has a few small parts inside that are completely worn, that I'd need to custom make to get working. So, this full replacement is amazing. I can now merge the working parts from 1 of the old joysticks into the best parts of the 2nd joystick, so both p1 & p2 sticks are in best condition

bb-pc10-1.jpgbb-pc10-1.jpg

#479 9 years ago

I've got a Heavy Barrel arcade that I am having trouble with. I bought it a year ago and it worked fine before I loaded it at the seller's place. I got it home after a long drive from Austin, TX and set it in my garage, and it still worked fine. Then a few days later I had a buddy come over and help me move it into the game room, and I started having problems with it. It worked OK for just a little while after plugging it in, and then the color on the monitor started fading out in the middle of a game. Then later the sound went out on it as well. So now I just have a purplish color on the monitor, and you can barely make out the graphics. No sound at all. Having little to no experience in working on arcades, is this something I can fix myself, or do I need to go ahead and take it to a professional to get a new monitor installed? What kind of cost should I expect for that? I don't have a lot invested in the game; only about $300. Below are photos of both the inside of the cabinet and pictures of the monitor at the start of a game.

Heavy Barrel Back 1.jpgHeavy Barrel Back 1.jpg Heavy Barrel Back 2.jpgHeavy Barrel Back 2.jpg Heavy Barrel Front 1.jpgHeavy Barrel Front 1.jpg Heavy Barrel Front 2.jpgHeavy Barrel Front 2.jpg Heavy Barrel Front 3.jpgHeavy Barrel Front 3.jpg Heavy Barrel Front 4.jpgHeavy Barrel Front 4.jpg
#480 9 years ago

Its still an arcade game!Its still an arcade game!

As well... Doesn't count I guess, I turned a Millipede into a two player multi-cade with a few thousand games.
Millipede-sideart.jpgMillipede-sideart.jpg

#481 9 years ago
Quoted from kst8cat:

So now I just have a purplish color on the monitor, and you can barely make out the graphics. No sound at all. Having little to no experience in working on arcades, is this something I can fix myself, or do I need to go ahead and take it to a professional to get a new monitor installed?

It's not the monitor. try reseating the jamma connector on the PCB and measure the +5v on the power supply.

#482 9 years ago
Quoted from sanctumwear:

It's not the monitor. try reseating the jamma connector on the PCB and measure the +5v on the power supply.

I did reseat the connector on the PCB some months ago when I was attempting to fix it. And I cleaned all the contact points just as if I was cleaning an NES game. The PCB was all hanging down there as it had come loose from the side of the cabinet. So I got it secured back on there with screws. Unfortunately reaseating the connector did not make any difference. But how would I go about measuring the +5v on the power supply? Is that something I need a digital multimeter for? It always seemed like it was a power issue from the beginning.

2 weeks later
#483 9 years ago

I refurbished a beat up old galaxian into a 60 in 1 galaga. I realize it's a bit low end, but it sure is fun.

20150329_150836.jpg20150329_150836.jpg
#484 9 years ago

I have some landfill as well;

Dragon's Lair I and II
Space Ace
Firefox
Blasteroids
Xevious

#485 9 years ago

Still looking for one of these bad boys.

tww2.jpgtww2.jpg

#486 9 years ago

I just picked up a Galaga that was screwed up into a jacked up multi-cade,
needs a monitor re-cap, galaga board, etc...
Got it for $10 so...

#487 9 years ago

I own a 1972 Line Drive, 1960 Official Baseball, and Phantom rifle game.

#488 9 years ago

A few pics from some recent restore projects. The cocktail cabinet (an Aussie Hankin copy, but a GOOD one) was under a guys house, had no cash box so was full of rat turds, covered in 10 years worth of grime, all the metal parts were rusted, the monitor was shot, controls were dodgy and the SNK Jamma cartridge system also didn't work. I picked it up for free along with a bunch of bit's and pieces and about $300 later and a lot of hard work it really came up nice i thought. It's currently running a 60 in 1 game board but i've also got a working jamma system to swap over to with a multiple game cartridge.
The other Cabinet is obviously not an original Ikari Warriors (they are hard to come by in OZ, very rarely see them for sale). Originally this machine had a wrestling game in it but i wasn't keen on that. I've used Happ rotary joysticks (the original SNK one's are also bloody hard to find) and added some decals, etc. I would love an original but this plays awesome, so i consider that just as good

DSC01369.JPGDSC01369.JPG DSC01377.JPGDSC01377.JPG DSC01379.JPGDSC01379.JPG
#489 9 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

A few pics from some recent restore projects. The cocktail cabinet (an Aussie Hankin copy, but a GOOD one) was under a guys house, had no cash box so was full of rat turds, covered in 10 years worth of grime, all the metal parts were rusted, the monitor was shot, controls were dodgy and the SNK Jamma cartridge system also didn't work. I picked it up for free along with a bunch of bit's and pieces and about $300 later and a lot of hard work it really came up nice i thought. It's currently running a 60 in 1 game board but i've also got a working jamma system to swap over to with a multiple game cartridge.
The other Cabinet is obviously not an original Ikari Warriors (they are hard to come by in OZ, very rarely see them for sale). Originally this machine had a wrestling game in it but i wasn't keen on that. I've used Happ rotary joysticks (the original SNK one's are also bloody hard to find) and added some decals, etc. I would love an original but this plays awesome, so i consider that just as good

DSC01369.JPG (Click image to enlarge)
DSC01377.JPG (Click image to enlarge)
DSC01379.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

VERY nicely done.

#490 9 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

DSC01369.JPG (Click image to enlarge)
DSC01377.JPG (Click image to enlarge)
DSC01379.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

I wish you were here by me, you could probably get my MACH 3 running.

#491 9 years ago

Arcade games
A United Midget Alley, Gottlieb Bowlette, 58 United puck bowler, 59 United League Big ball bowler
Gun games, Sniper, Exhibit Dale gun, Midway shooting gallery. Midway deluxe and a Midway White lightening
60 Williams Official baseball and a Williams Pennant. 86 Bally one armed bandit, 2 Full Swing Golf simulators and can't leave out the 70+ pins in my collection.
Now I just need more space.

#492 9 years ago
Quoted from waltrr:

Arcade games
A United Midget Alley, Gottlieb Bowlette, 58 United puck bowler, 59 United League Big ball bowler
Gun games, Sniper, Exhibit Dale gun, Midway shooting gallery. Midway deluxe and a Midway White lightening
60 Williams Official baseball and a Williams Pennant. 86 Bally one armed bandit, 2 Full Swing Golf simulators and can't leave out the 70+ pins in my collection.
Now I just need more space.

#493 9 years ago

+1

#494 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I wish you were here by me, you could probably get my MACH 3 running.

look into the lasercon board, the lasercon board lets you install a newer model laser player.

http://wood1st.com/LaserCon/

^^^^ there

#495 8 years ago

I have a Nintendo Play Choice 10 loaded with 10 games, Wish I had the light guns, and a home made MAME machine.

After the basement remodel, I'll be looking to sell the PC10 for money toward a Pin. Any good listing sites for Arcade machines besides CL?

#496 8 years ago

How much is a Tournment Arknoid worth?

#497 8 years ago

Update: This year's birthday gift from my lovely of 42 years was a 2000 game multicade - gives kids something to fight over so I can play the pins uninterrupted. 2000 games and I know about a dozen!?!

#498 8 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

look into the lasercon board, the lasercon board lets you install a newer model laser player.
http://wood1st.com/LaserCon/
^^^^ there

Thanks for that but the player is fine it's the boards that need to be checked.

#499 8 years ago
Quoted from gaberm1972:

I have a Nintendo Play Choice 10 loaded with 10 games, Wish I had the light guns, and a home made MAME machine.
After the basement remodel, I'll be looking to sell the PC10 for money toward a Pin. Any good listing sites for Arcade machines besides CL?

Klov is a good place to sell.

#500 8 years ago

Finished a couple more games.

Screen Shot 2015-04-28 at 11.10.16 AM.pngScreen Shot 2015-04-28 at 11.10.16 AM.png Screen Shot 2015-04-28 at 11.11.01 AM.pngScreen Shot 2015-04-28 at 11.11.01 AM.png
There are 4,473 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 90.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-arcade-games-do-you-own/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.