(Topic ID: 48853)

What annoys you when non-pinheads come over....

By tpellowe

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tpellowe.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

If this thread is a repeat, I apologize. I have seen a lot of the gameroom picture threads so I realize how many sweet amazing gamerooms are out there. Great collections. Great detail and the passion comes through in pics.
    I suspect that when guests at your places see the gameroom for first time, there is the typical reactions..."holy sh$t"..."this is badass"..."w t f"...."I would live in here"..etc. Then they start playing. They enjoy it. They enjoy it a lot. However, they don't really "get it".
    You get the simultaneous flipper hitters...the ones that go straight past pinball for Pac-Man/ Galaga and you are like, 'hey MM, AC/DC, Tron is right there, bro' - free play no less...ask the typical how much do these cost (upon answering, they now look at you like you are certifiably insane)...ask you if you have KISS or Evil Knievel. You try to explain the CliffyS, the rule set, nerdy factoids, the pincab protectors, plastic protectors, which games are what, etc.
    Anyway, it seems only pinheads really appreciate the details! I need to have more pinheads over
    or get new friends. Ever feel like that?

#35 10 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

I Grin and bear it.
    Probably just like my wine-nerd friends do when I serve screw-top wine at dinner club

No shame in screw top wines. Some are very good. If they comment, just tell them it is called a "stelvin closure". (Google it!)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tpellowe.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-annoys-you-when-non-pinheads-come-over?tu=tpellowe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.