(Topic ID: 48853)

What annoys you when non-pinheads come over....

By tpellowe

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider houseofpin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 10 years ago

What I have found with the first party I had about a month ago is that some people LOVE THEM and play them and others just like to drink, play pool and listen to the juke box and chat.

Don't take it personally. I looked at the fact that I had about 50 people over and I would say 10-15 played them some and had fun. 35 probably didn't care other then to say "wow, you have a bunch of these and of course what did they cost". I have a MS. PACMAN and slots as well and a lot of entertainment options. The pinball machines are just another option for people when we throw a party. The major point is I bought them for ME and my enjoyment. If others enjoy it that is great as well....if not, no big deal. Different strokes for different folks and it would not bother me if any of my friends liked pinball.....I would never get different friends as pinball is definitely one of those activities that playing by yourself is no big deal. Not like going golfing.

#10 10 years ago

On another note.....if you have a nice female over and she tells you "hey, I am not really into pinball" and then WINKS at you is that really a bad thing. If you ask me you hit the jackpot so another example of why worry if someone doesn't like pinball. Trust me, just put out an ad on pinside "PINBALL PARTY AT YOUR HOUSE WITH FREE BEER AND PIZZA" and you will have a full house of people who love your machines.....you have my guarantee. You'll probably miss your old friends though !!!

#12 10 years ago

What is a "death save".....this should be good.

#38 10 years ago

Tomorrow I am going to try to execute the DEATH SAVE on my players condition Taxi. The question is if you somehow don't tilt the machine is it legal in a tournament.

#42 10 years ago

Well, I guess you can always use it just for fun in games against friends. It at least is a neat looking move.

#43 10 years ago

Well, maybe Carl (pinball teacher in another post) uses the death save technique and why he is not at risk to lose his SLASH autographed hat. Maybe that is his "pet move".......

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider houseofpin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-annoys-you-when-non-pinheads-come-over?tu=houseofpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.