10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Fatsquatch
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

I've been hooked on Pinside, endlessly discussing ALL THE GAMES that are coming. All the companies producing games, all the hope and promise. Will it keep going? Who knows, but one thing is for certain RIGHT NOW it is a blast to be part of it!

#2 10 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

I've been hooked on Pinside, endlessly discussing ALL THE GAMES that are coming. All the companies producing games, all the hope and promise. Will it keep going? Who knows, but one thing is for certain RIGHT NOW it is a blast to be part of it!

Agreed but I must admit with so many great pins coming I am getting concerned about two things:
    1. Not enough funds to buy the games I want.
    2. Not enough room in my game room to fit all my games.

The good news is that if these are the worst of our problems we are truly blessed

#3 10 years ago

Sure, there are some cool things going on, but I can't completely whip out my pom-poms and start cheerleading the current "state of the nation".

All things considered, I can't help but feel that we've been venturing into one of the worst times for pinball. With all of the insane big money being thrown around these days, there's a tremendous amount of greed and cutthroat behavior in the "hobby" now. The amount of liars, backstabbers, and general assholes these days is astounding. It was a lot better when pinball was more for the hobbyist (or "pinball enthusiast" if you prefer), instead of the greedy opportunists, "investors", and all other types of money-worshiping fools we now have.

There's a lot more to miss about the pre-"newbie explosion" days than just cheaper prices.

Preach it, O'Jays:

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-an-exciting-time-for-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.