(Topic ID: 45834)

what am i missing here Stern Pinball (UPDATE) Its alive!!

By dementedwarlok

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 35 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by spanks_4
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

its_alive.gif
IMG_20130403_014816.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spanks_4.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 11 years ago

Try closing the door, adding a credit, and then try to fire it up. Don't know if those had a high voltage lock out on them or not. It is possible that the start button isn't making contact or a wire is broken off so check this first. Also could be a tilt issue.... Look at the backglass and make sure the tilt bulb isn't lit. You're not missing any rooms or pieces as far as I can tell as was stated earlier.

#21 11 years ago

After watching that again: Are you sure you're adding credits to the game? Try manually hitting the coin shoot switches to make sure its not a coin issue since it looks like you're dropping coins in.

#28 11 years ago

When you hit the credit switch does the game make a sound or add a credit to the display in the head?? I think it should.

That game should have 3-4 tilts on it: Coin door, tilt bob *left side front of cab inside*, rolling tilt *right above tilt bob*, and 1/2 on the playfield itself. As far as I know all of them should be open and if one is closed then that could be your issue as it won't allow the game to start back up.

#30 11 years ago

Ok when you flip the coin switch does the game make a sound or add a credit to the display? If not then try the other switch on the coin door *should be two*...

If one of them adds credit then hit the start button. If the game doesn't start then make sure the switch is making contact *you can do this visually and don't need to meter it*.

#35 11 years ago

That switch that you "close" that is starting the game is for your start button. Mount that behind it like it should be and you will be good to go.

Glad I could help you get this thing going again.

Diode: Look at the numbers on the diode and replace it with the same... should be like an 1N4004 or 1N4007 I do believe, but could be wrong.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu

$ 69.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spanks_4.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-am-i-missing-here-stern-pinball?tu=spanks_4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.