• Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Bon Voyage Schematic (resized).JPG
A4A738AC-050C-4537-BB78-BF687A2DE1BC (resized).jpeg
#1 5 years ago

I have a Bally Bon Voyage that the 1000 point relay is energized at start up. I looked to see if any of the 1000 points contact are touching on the playfield and as far as I can see, they are not.
I will be the first to say that I do not know enough to fix it but would like to know what I am over looking. Thanks for any advice.
Game had been working properly but has not been play in the last 5 months.

#2 5 years ago

The possibilities are small.
Closed 1000 point switch on the PF. (most likely)
100s reel at 9th position and 100 point switch closed. (less likely)
Switch on the reset relay for that reel closed.
Spitballing...
--
Chris Hibler

#3 5 years ago

If you made sure none of the 1000 pt scoring features have closed switches, check the switch on the 1000 point relay with the black/red wire and the orange/green wire. Make sure this switch is clean and adjusted properly...

#4 5 years ago

Thanks, and will check when I get home.

#5 5 years ago

After the game resets unplug the playfield Jones plugs and see if the relay disengages.

#6 5 years ago

See if where the wires solder to the switch there is not tabs touching each other. Or a solder splash there.

Also frayed wire ends touching

#7 5 years ago

thanks for all of the suggestions. Which jones plug? The ones in the bottom cab?

#8 5 years ago

Yes after unplugged lift out the playfield and set aside for easier inspection

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from fredsmythson:

If you made sure none of the 1000 pt scoring features have closed switches, check the switch on the 1000 point relay with the black/red wire and the orange/green wire. Make sure this switch is clean and adjusted properly...

It should be open, here’s a pic of mine showing it, it’s the one on the left on the top stack That’s a lock-in switch so if those contacts are touching each other the relay will stay energized.

A4A738AC-050C-4537-BB78-BF687A2DE1BC (resized).jpegA4A738AC-050C-4537-BB78-BF687A2DE1BC (resized).jpeg

There are 11 total playfield switches to check, make sure you check them all. The B - O - N rollovers, the V - O - Y - A targets, and 4 1000 point rollovers.

More details here in case you didn’t look here already. Scroll down in that post for all the details on the BV 1000 relay.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-schematic-fully-described-from-beginning-to-end-bally-bon-voyage#post-3921795

#10 5 years ago

Thanks for the pic. My gap is correct. Funny thing is when I lift up the playfield, the relay becomes un energized. If I put it down, then it pulls back in.

#11 5 years ago

A poorly gapped spinner switch will cause that.

#12 5 years ago

will double check.

#13 5 years ago

The spinner is for 100 points on this machine though so I don't think it will be that. I still vote for one of the playfield switches, it might be really close and touching but then when you lift the playfield the change in orientation moves it. Did you double check all 11 switches and make sure one isn't touching?

#14 5 years ago

The spinner is 100 points. I will re check the switches.

#15 5 years ago

Xsvtoys has the best documentation for this game on this site. You may want to review his posts.

I have this game too. I know it well. Something is mechanically involved if lifting the playfield causes it to stop. See photo for switches that feed the 1000 point relay. You need to back track and look for shorts or mechanical obstruction.

Bon Voyage Schematic (resized).JPGBon Voyage Schematic (resized).JPG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 22.50

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-am-i-missing-1000-point-relay?hl=skidave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.