Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

90E2AA77-D8E2-4DD6-AB42-9320639366BF (resized).jpeg
received_651651818619207 (resized).jpeg
received_378380296369977 (resized).jpeg
received_2247749391915061 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20190422-191650_Facebook (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinzrfun.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

It did leak. There is a large area of battery damage to the left and right of the battery. All that discoloration is corrosion.
That's probably the main problem right there as to why the game won't boot.

OP never said it wouldn't boot, only prob he mentioned was half the lights aren't working after it was moved. Looks like the left side of the GI is out. A noob will have that diagnosed and fixed in one day with our help. And yes, that connector (all of them) should be replaced on the rectifier board. As well as removing the battery.

You could touch up that pf yourself too - I wouldn't expect a new pin owner to run out and buy airbrushing equipment to start doing pf touchups, that's up to you. So, if you can live with whatever your skill set can do about it (you'd be surprised what a brush can accomplish, or you can live with it the way it is), I'd be all over this. Take a good look at the backglass....

I'd offer 550 and try to end up at 650.00, top end $750.00. You wont lose money at that price, even if you cant fix it and want to sell it next month.

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Other way around:

And the photo shows GI partially on, and nothing to show that the game has booted, which is consistent with the battery damage.

Ah, i stand corrected then, good catch - could be battery corrosion, could be that baked connector on the rectifier board - I think that orange wire takes the juice up to the driver board, and without that, nothing.

I'd offer $400 and maybe go $550.00.

#49 4 years ago

Don't fret. There are tons of games out there.

Summer is usually a better time of year to get deals. Guys aren't concentrating as much on games when it's nice outside.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 10.00
$ 10.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinzrfun.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-am-i-getting-myself-into-?tu=pinzrfun and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.