Topic Stats

• 58 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by pinkid
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

90E2AA77-D8E2-4DD6-AB42-9320639366BF (resized).jpeg
received_651651818619207 (resized).jpeg
received_378380296369977 (resized).jpeg
received_2247749391915061 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20190422-191650_Facebook (resized).jpg

There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 11 months ago
Quoted from ItsBwalt:

Wow thanks for all the replies. I already learned a lot just from reading and googling what boards do what and how to repin. Spent a couple hours on youtube. I definitely am interested in learning to fix pins now.
I have some bad news though. I offered the seller $100 less than asking price and he said he's already way to low because it should be 1200, then told me he doesn't have time for people to just come look at it and not buy lol. Red flags. I think I offended him haha. Back on the hunt.

1200 for a non-working Globetrotters?! People are insane. You're making a good choice by walking away. To add to what others have said, there are a lot of replacement components for this era machine, and they are generally easy to work on. I learned a lot in the few that I've owned. The gameplay of this era is also very enjoyable so very much rewarding to bring a machine back to life. Bringing home a classic SS Bally is a good choice to start off with.

#52 11 months ago
Quoted from ItsBwalt:

Wow thanks for all the replies. I already learned a lot just from reading and googling what boards do what and how to repin. Spent a couple hours on youtube. I definitely am interested in learning to fix pins now.
I have some bad news though. I offered the seller $100 less than asking price and he said he's already way to low because it should be 1200, then told me he doesn't have time for people to just come look at it and not buy lol. Red flags. I think I offended him haha. Back on the hunt.

People always get mad when their neglect has destroyed something and now it’s worth a fraction of its original value.

I know people hate these comparisons but: if the engine is seized and the car hasn’t run in over a decade it’s not magically worth the same as a beautifully restored, 100% fine-tuned show car.

#53 11 months ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

That dude should be happy with 700. Also I would not make a lower offer until you showed up and looked at the game.

Haha that was the plan, but he told me "he didn't have time for people to just come look at it and not buy" that's why he priced it "so cheap"

#54 11 months ago
Quoted from ItsBwalt:

Haha that was the plan, but he told me "he didn't have time for people to just come look at it and not buy" that's why he priced it "so cheap"

yeah, he wants to sell it to a blind buyer. Someone that was coming from far away and paid for in advance without being able to inspect before handing over cash. There's something hiding under the glass or in the backbox.

#55 11 months ago

I think you are better off not getting it. The seller seems unknowledgable and difficult to work with. The game needs a good amount of work as well.
You might just be better off getting one in decent working condition already.

#56 11 months ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

I call that about a $150.00 game.

Its sold pending in less than 24hrs. I'd say 500 was possibly too cheap.

#57 11 months ago
Quoted from Slim64:

Its sold pending in less than 24hrs. I'd say 500 was possibly too cheap.

There are some people who simply pay well over market value--usually either out of inexperience or unrestrained nostalgia.

#58 11 months ago

You don't want to deal w/people like that. Funny how their stuff is always worth more to them. I was like you as far as not knowing how to repair pinball machines. I had 2 machines for 10+ years that didn't work. One did and died, the other I bought dead. It took forever to find a tech. He worked on my games in my house and I got to watch and ask questions. With that and what I've learned on Pinside, I've fixed a lot of issues w/my games. The repair guy was expensive, but was the only option then. Good luck finding a game you can live with. Repairing it can be frustrating and rewarding. Nothing like fixing one all by yourself.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
€ 3.95
Flipper Parts
Multigame
$ 44.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 149.00
$ 9.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TENNESSEE
There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside