Topic Stats

• 66 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by mtripl
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

getaway speaker 001 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
Subwoofer 002 (resized).JPG

There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 9 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

It looks correct to me. I just cant figure why it wouldnt be working.

I agree it should work.

#52 9 months ago

I give up. Thanks everyone for your help.

#53 9 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

No, you can ruin your sub/pin doing that. I would not advise. Thats a bridged connection.

The Polk sub is literally the cheapest junk that doesn't ship direct from China. I have had them hooked up for years and never had an issue. Is it even possible to ruin one of these subs, they are pretty sad right out of the box. Great for a pin though.

#54 9 months ago

Try switching from the left input on sub to the right input.

Verify the white striped wire corresponds to the same connection on both the sub and cabinet sub.

Good luck. It sucks when its supposed to work, but just doesn’t

#55 9 months ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Try switching from the left input on sub to the right input.

Verify the white striped wire corresponds to the same connection on both the sub and cabinet sub.

Do you have more speaker wire, like others have questioned, perhaps an internal break, pull another run. Like you said, it worked in your other machine. Narrow down what is different between your hook up in that vs this one.

#56 9 months ago
Quoted from Darscot:

The Polk sub is literally the cheapest junk that doesn't ship direct from China. I have had them hooked up for years and never had an issue. Is it even possible to ruin one of these subs, they are pretty sad right out of the box. Great for a pin though.

Lol that i completely agree with. And i dont know for sure but not going to try myself.

Ever seen the reviews on amazon for these subs? First reviewer says its by far better than an svs sub lol!

#57 9 months ago

Damnit you can't quit now...

#58 9 months ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Damnit you can't quit now...

I'm kind of considering pulling off of the left upper speaker that one has the most volume of all of them. Won't be until tomorrow though.

#59 9 months ago

You should meter out the wires between the speaker and your sub if you have a multimeter.

#60 9 months ago

Not showing pictures is what

#61 9 months ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Not showing pictures is what

There are pictures.

#62 9 months ago
Quoted from RatShack:

You should meter out the wires between the speaker and your sub if you have a multimeter.

I ran new wires with the same results, I even tried it from the left backbox speaker.

#63 9 months ago

How about getting an RCA cable, strip it down on one end ( for your source connection) and connect right to the "line in" inputs with the RCA connectors? Have you tried that? (And I'm totally blind on this as I've never used these, just throwing out a suggestion)

#64 9 months ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

There are pictures.

I was drunk, sorry

#65 9 months ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

I was drunk, sorry

No problem I get there too...lol

4 months later
#66 5 months ago

I stumbled on this post regarding the hookup on the PSW10 and Getaway...I recently hooked up the same sub to my getaway and it rocks-HOWEVER, once I turn the machine off and the sub is still in standby mode it starts to generate this loud hum that clearly is not supposed to happen. It doesn't happen ALL the time but enough that I know something is off. I've connected 2 velodyne subs to the modern subs (same setup procedure) w no issues when sub is on standby. And I've connected 2 older pins (congo and TZ) to another PSW10 and have zero issues...it's just on Getaway

The sub is connected via alligator clips to the bass speaker of Getaway and then wired out to the positive and negative input of the sub...again, no different than the other pins I've hooked up.

Any thoughts??

Thank you!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside