• Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

getaway speaker 001 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
Subwoofer 002 (resized).JPG
There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

It looks correct to me. I just cant figure why it wouldnt be working.

I agree it should work.

#52 4 years ago

I give up. Thanks everyone for your help.

#53 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

No, you can ruin your sub/pin doing that. I would not advise. Thats a bridged connection.

The Polk sub is literally the cheapest junk that doesn't ship direct from China. I have had them hooked up for years and never had an issue. Is it even possible to ruin one of these subs, they are pretty sad right out of the box. Great for a pin though.

#54 4 years ago

Try switching from the left input on sub to the right input.

Verify the white striped wire corresponds to the same connection on both the sub and cabinet sub.

Good luck. It sucks when its supposed to work, but just doesn’t

#55 4 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Try switching from the left input on sub to the right input.

Verify the white striped wire corresponds to the same connection on both the sub and cabinet sub.

Do you have more speaker wire, like others have questioned, perhaps an internal break, pull another run. Like you said, it worked in your other machine. Narrow down what is different between your hook up in that vs this one.

#56 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

The Polk sub is literally the cheapest junk that doesn't ship direct from China. I have had them hooked up for years and never had an issue. Is it even possible to ruin one of these subs, they are pretty sad right out of the box. Great for a pin though.

Lol that i completely agree with. And i dont know for sure but not going to try myself.

Ever seen the reviews on amazon for these subs? First reviewer says its by far better than an svs sub lol!

#57 4 years ago

Damnit you can't quit now...

#58 4 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Damnit you can't quit now...

I'm kind of considering pulling off of the left upper speaker that one has the most volume of all of them. Won't be until tomorrow though.

#59 4 years ago

You should meter out the wires between the speaker and your sub if you have a multimeter.

#60 4 years ago

Not showing pictures is what

#61 4 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Not showing pictures is what

There are pictures.

#62 4 years ago
Quoted from RatShack:

You should meter out the wires between the speaker and your sub if you have a multimeter.

I ran new wires with the same results, I even tried it from the left backbox speaker.

#63 4 years ago

How about getting an RCA cable, strip it down on one end ( for your source connection) and connect right to the "line in" inputs with the RCA connectors? Have you tried that? (And I'm totally blind on this as I've never used these, just throwing out a suggestion)

#64 4 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

There are pictures.

I was drunk, sorry

#65 4 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

I was drunk, sorry

No problem I get there too...lol

4 months later
#66 4 years ago

I stumbled on this post regarding the hookup on the PSW10 and Getaway...I recently hooked up the same sub to my getaway and it rocks-HOWEVER, once I turn the machine off and the sub is still in standby mode it starts to generate this loud hum that clearly is not supposed to happen. It doesn't happen ALL the time but enough that I know something is off. I've connected 2 velodyne subs to the modern subs (same setup procedure) w no issues when sub is on standby. And I've connected 2 older pins (congo and TZ) to another PSW10 and have zero issues...it's just on Getaway

The sub is connected via alligator clips to the bass speaker of Getaway and then wired out to the positive and negative input of the sub...again, no different than the other pins I've hooked up.

Any thoughts??

Thank you!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

5,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
4,025 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 72.50
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 12.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-am-i-doing-wrong/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.