(Topic ID: 39214)

What am I doing wrong? Stern Lock bar and receiver??

By RandyW

11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by RandyW
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

62550F27-9E7A-4DB2-96E8-172D5754A5F1-7.jpg
    6519B677-FE59-427D-917F-70C7F654A651-7.jpg
    #1 11 years ago

Hello,

I just bought a new Stern lock down bar and receiver from Pinball Life... And for the life of me, I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong.

The lock bar does not seem to fit. The receiver has 4 slots on the top, two inner and two outer. My lock bar's tabs mostly line up with the outer holes, but will only actually go into them if I slide the notch of one tab in first. Then the next problem is the actual lock that should engage the slots in the tabs, only seems to go across the inner slots on the receiver.

Here is a couple pics to give you an idea of what I am talking about...
    6519B677-FE59-427D-917F-70C7F654A651-7.jpg6519B677-FE59-427D-917F-70C7F654A651-7.jpg 62550F27-9E7A-4DB2-96E8-172D5754A5F1-7.jpg62550F27-9E7A-4DB2-96E8-172D5754A5F1-7.jpg

#2 11 years ago

The part that latches onto the tabs on the lockdown bar is up inside the mechanism. As long as it is out shine a light in there and see if the part that slides needs to be higher or lower.

Are you sure the bottom part is a Stern part and not Williams ?

LTG : )

#3 11 years ago

I think there are two different types of Stern lockdown bars/assemblies in standard width. Maybe these are each of the other types?

#4 11 years ago

The lock bar's tabs don't even actually seem to fit the receiver. This is however the receiver Terry told me to get for this Lock bar.

Maybe I should email him.

#5 11 years ago
    Quoted from RandyW:

Maybe I should email him.

Going over the pictures on his website ( you should too ) I think you got a Stern lock down bar and a Williams receiver.

LTG

#6 11 years ago

Well... dern it. It looks like you are right! Let me shoot him an email.

Thank you both very much! And please ignore my messy garage floor... I am eyeball deep into a very messy project

#7 11 years ago

After comparing pics I think LTG nailed it. Terry will get it right

Wish I had a checkered garage floor

#8 11 years ago

I wish my garage floor wasn't lifting 1 week after I had it installed, which was still 2 weeks before it was supposed to be polished and waxed.. our entire house and garage flooded.

So now I have to wait for another 4 months, and they are going to come replace the curled tiles.. then sand, polish and wax it.

I shot Terry an email. I have no doubts he will fix it. Especially considering he charged me for the Stern Receiver, which is half the price of this one!!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-am-i-doing-wrong-stern-lock-bar-and-receiver and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.