Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by dnapac
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What Adds Value”

• Mirrored Backglass 9 votes
      26%
    • Invisiglass, or similar 10 votes
      29%
    • Precision Flippers 0 votes
    • Upgraded topper…not flat plastic 2 votes
      6%
    • Upgraded speakers 5 votes
      14%
    • Better lighting…something like pinstadium 0 votes
    • Shaker 9 votes
      26%

(35 votes)

#1 8 months ago

I know we all want cheaper prices…but in your opinions, what adds the best value if a company is going to have a standard bonus. Mirrored backglass, some type of invisiglass, keyed precision flippers (easy top adjustment), or something else. I guess I’m not looking for toys, I’m looking for asthetics or functionality.

#2 8 months ago

I think the poll is far too limited. Speakers, toppers, shaker motor, and additional playfield lighting will probably be some common answers in a thread like this that you may want to add to your poll.

#3 8 months ago

Shakers and Invisiglass are some of the best things that add value and or enhance. First thing I do to my pins if possible.

#4 8 months ago

Value means a whole lot of different things to a bottom feeder. I like to inject value with my time and knowledge.

#5 8 months ago

Color DMD

#6 8 months ago

Playfield swap
    New cabinet
    Color dmd

#7 8 months ago

Invisiglass, shaker, colorDMD, factory topper. Those are probably it for me. Anything else will more than likely get removed.

#8 8 months ago

In order: Color DMD, Pinball Pro Premium Speakers, Factory Topper, Invisiglass, Art Blades, Some Mods.

#9 8 months ago

None of these *add* value. You might get back the retail cost or close to retail with some of these mods, but you won't get *more* out of them.

Customize the game however you like because that's how you like it, but not everyone will have the same taste or put the same value in the mods you like.

Personally, I prefer buying a game with no mods. If I buy a game with mods, I end up taking a lot of them out (especially palyfield and lighting add-ons).

If you're just adding mods to attract buyers, I'd say don't bother.

#11 8 months ago

Put all the mods on you want. Lower plays and scarcity are always the front runners

#12 8 months ago

Don't forget to add the Pin Fan & Pin Nutz.

Triple Bottomer mod!

#13 8 months ago

I traded for a STH recently and it had the UV kit installed which I would value for the full cost of the accessory. Expression lights are another add on that is worth it due to how hard they are to source. Besides things like this maybe colorDMD or shaker motors but that's about all I really value. I don't generally care for toppers or extra lighting.

#14 8 months ago

Anyone actually read op’s post? He’s talking about what adds value from the manufacturer. I think an OEM mirrored backglass is the biggest value add from your list, as everything else can be easily added after the fact. Custom art, not so much.

#15 8 months ago
    Quoted from cookpins:

Anyone actually read op’s post?

Nobody got time for that

#16 8 months ago
    Quoted from cookpins:

Anyone actually read op’s post?

I did, but I really strain to find any of the options as adding value; so I'll go with a shaker. Of course a shaker is $100 so it's not a lot.
    Mirrored backglass is ok, but the BG are so small now it doesn't impress me.
    Toppers are dumb. Stock speakers are too loud for me. Don't understand procession flippers. Pukestadihms are the worst. I played a LZ tonight with that Lighting (the Stern expression lights or whatever) & I would not pay 5 ducats to farm it.

#17 8 months ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Toppers are dumb

im amazed anyone pays big $ for them, i liked them when they were $100-120

#18 8 months ago

The best add on in my opinion is a powered sub, no need for any speaker replacement retardeness

#19 8 months ago

Depends on the age of the game. I value rebuilt mechs and bulletproofed boards - but that's for 80's/90's games.

#20 8 months ago

Not much
    I look at the playfield when I play
    Toppers, CNC cut side-armour, colored side-armour, mirrored backglass, better speakers, all mean nothing to me

#21 8 months ago

It’s all very interesting…a sign of the times I guess…and the availability of the secondary market. Under the glass and cost seems to be the for front so far. “Let me spend on additions what I want…otherwise, keep it fun, but a lower cost.”

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.