Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by pinbum
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WTDnnwE.gif
    #1 7 years ago

Whatever happened with that guy that kept announcing that he was just-any-minute-now about to have a huge warehouse sale? He kept "asking for advice". Did that ever happen?

#3 7 years ago

He has been putting all the pins in the marketplace overtime. Just keep checking there.

#4 7 years ago

That was me and the deal is still in the works but I am still waiting for the nephew to have time to get together with me. The issue is the nephew who is handling the sale lives 700 miles from the warehouse and has a job, house, and family to take care of so he can only fly in and meet me at certain times. His next two chances are the end of March (which I have been pushing for) and the first weekend in June.

I tried to put an update up on pinside the other day but moderators shut it down because the first few post I had put up stirred up way too much BS. We have sold about 60 machines from our project stash & collection to make room for the deal and to help fund the deal but as far as the warehouse deal itself it is still in the works. I am just as excited about it as I was when I announced it and I know it will happen - for now it is just a waiting game!

Funny you asked about this today & this post might actually get shut down also with moderators thinking I put you up to posting this but I have been talking with moderators over the past couple days asking how to put an update about what is going on with the deal on Pinside without it getting taken down. I have gotten hundreds of emails asking about specific machines etc and I just wanted an easy way to let as many people as possible know the deal was still in the works but I can't figure out how to do that.

For now my best advice is to follow the updates when I post on the forum connected to my Marketplace ads. But I'll be taking a few weeks off starting this weekend so no new listing or post will happen until sometime early in May (shortly after I get home from setting up at the Allentown Show).

Sorry a few people decided to turn this into so much drama - my goal is still to try to get as many of these machines to people who will enjoy them as possible. Thanks for your interest!

#5 7 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

Funny you asked about this today & this post might actually get shut down also with moderators thinking I put you up to posting this

Honestly this ^ was my first thought when I saw the OP's post.

Sorry a few people decided to turn this into so much drama

If you are being honest with yourself you know you were one of those "few" people causing the drama. I'm just trying to keep it real.. GLWTS of the machines.

#6 7 years ago

Here we go again.

#7 7 years ago

<bang head>

#8 7 years ago

You didn't see all the bargains? People were clawing each other's eyes out for $1,000 Road Kings projects.

#9 7 years ago

Sigh.

Sorry a few people decided to turn this into so much drama - my goal is still to try to get as many of these machines to people who will enjoy them as possible.

Ok, so the original problem was your indecisiveness with how to proceed with selling your games, which went on for several pages, and people were facepalming at the situation. The second problem was that when you actually decided to sell your games, you kept posting "coming soon" messages over and over again without a list of games, prices, or photos. A for-sale listing without those details is essentially useless. So, people got restless and tired of the non-updates, they started getting annoyed, they expressed their annoyance in the threads, and the moderator report section then started lighting up like a Christmas tree.

I tried to put an update up on pinside the other day but moderators shut it down because the first few post I had put up stirred up way too much BS. We have sold about 60 machines from our project stash & collection to make room for the deal and to help fund the deal but as far as the warehouse deal itself it is still in the works. I am just as excited about it as I was when I announced it and I know it will happen - for now it is just a waiting game!

Once you posted actual listings in the marketplace, everything had been fine and people have been content for the most part. People who wanted to see what you had for sale could see what they were interested in, and people who were outside your area who weren't interested didn't have to see anything regarding your sale.

Then after that, you tried posting two different threads on separate occasions in the "all pinball" forum with "updates". You were asked by the moderators to keep these updates contained within regional threads of your choosing and/or your marketplace ad threads, rather than posting a new dedicated thread in the "all pinball" forum.

That's about the long short of it.

I understand that the prospect of a large warehouse buy is exciting, and selling a number games individually is a lot of work to arrange. However, your target audience for the most part is not Pinside as a whole, but collectors in your region, hence the request for you to contain updates to the regional threads and your for-sale threads.

When your warehouse buy actually happens and you actually have photos to share of the games you are picking up and loading into trucks, then you are welcome to post about that event in the "all pinball". That is something people would be interested in seeing.

Updates about your schedule or plans and whatnot--that's not something Pinside as a whole is really interested in hearing about, so that is best contained to the regional threads and your for-sale threads for people in your area who are interested.

#10 7 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Sigh.

Ok, so the original problem was your indecisiveness with how to proceed with selling your games, which went on for several pages, and people were facepalming at the situation. The second problem was that when you actually decided to sell your games, you kept posting "coming soon" messages over and over again without a list of games, prices, or photos. A for-sale listing without those details is essentially useless. So, people got restless and tired of the non-updates, they started getting annoyed, they expressed their annoyance in the threads, and the moderator report section then started lighting up like a Christmas tree.

Once you posted actual listings in the marketplace, everything had been fine and people have been content for the most part. People who wanted to see what you had for sale could see what they were interested in, and people who were outside your area who weren't interested didn't have to see anything regarding your sale.
    Then after that, you tried posting two different threads on separate occasions in the "all pinball" forum with "updates". You were asked by the moderators to keep these updates contained within regional threads of your choosing and/or your marketplace ad threads, rather than posting a new dedicated thread in the "all pinball" forum.
    That's about the long short of it.
    I understand that the prospect of a large warehouse buy is exciting, and selling a number games individually is a lot of work to arrange. However, your target audience for the most part is not Pinside as a whole, but collectors in your region, hence the request for you to contain updates to the regional threads and your for-sale threads.
    When your warehouse buy actually happens and you actually have photos to share of the games you are picking up and loading into trucks, then you are welcome to post about that event in the "all pinball". That is something people would be interested in seeing.
    Updates about your schedule or plans and whatnot--that's not something Pinside as a whole is really interested in hearing about, so that is best contained to the regional threads and your for-sale threads for people in your area who are interested.

My only issue with all of this is the number of PM's I keep getting from buyers all over the country asking for updates or specific machines etc. Now I am going to be headed out of town for 6 weeks and I just don't feel like dealing with replying to a couple hundred emails when I get home and am trying to get ready to set up at the Allentown Show.

As far as only regional interest I have had three machines picked up by Canadian buyers, and one go to Georgia, and several go to Ohio (which might be covered in our region I am not sure).

If Pinsides would have just read my original post they might not have caused all this BS. In any event none of it really matters right now other than trying to keep from getting a bunch of emails while I am away. I just put a post up on the moderator forum asking if it was against any rules for me to just close my account and open a new one when I return?

When we originally picked up the first load of machine a second load was suppose to be picked up the following week - then I had unexpected dental surgery and my window to meet up with the seller again went away for several months. Something totally outside of my control and not all that hard to understand if people didn't try to make it into something it wasn't - enough said!

#11 7 years ago

....somehow, I doubt it.

On the positive side, at least you are now posting pictures of the machines you are selling, something that in the past you refered to as being a "waste of time."

Seriously, congratulations on selling 60 pins! As much as you complain about Pinside and the mods, it seems like this site has been very good to you financially. Hopefully, Robin will get a little taste of your recent good fortune.

#12 7 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

....somehow, I doubt it.
    On the positive side, at least you are now posting pictures of the machines you are selling, something that in the past you refered to as being a "waste of time."
    Seriously, congratulations on selling 60 pins! As much as you complain about Pinside and the mods, it seems like this site has been very good to you financially. Hopefully, Robin will get a little taste of your recent good fortune.

Pictures are only a "waste of time" when talking about stuff not when trying to sell machines one at a time.

As far as Robin goes I have not only donated to Pinside I have also paid fees on machines that have sold on other venues that I had listed here also. But as stated all along - buying & selling pinball machines is all about the hobby to me - it really isn't about the money. If it was about money there are much easier ways to make money than moving 350 pound pinball machines around.

There is just something that makes me happy about hooking people up with machines they have been looking for. People in the local pinball community know that about me. Online it is hard to understand but if your knew me personally you would get it.

Anyway - back to cleaning mouse nest out of another barn find that will become parts sometime down the road.

#13 7 years ago

If you are worried about too many messages , cannot we now lock our own accounts?

#14 7 years ago
    Quoted from PopBumperPete:

If you are worried about too many messages , cannot we now lock our own accounts?

You can either disable PMs or deactivate your account entirely.

Both settings are available in your profile settings:

https://pinside.com/pinball/my-pinside/settings

#15 7 years ago
    Quoted from PopBumperPete:

I was not aware of this until I talked with a couple of the moderators on the moderator forum. I am an old fart and am not really good when it comes to figuring out features on web sites & stuff. Kind of like teaching an old dog new tricks!

ForceFlow has been a huge help to me throughout this process & learning curve. I know I have kind of driven him nuts at times with this but my intent all along has been to try to get machines to people who would love owning them. Sadly some people on Pinside twisted things into something else but that is all old news at this point.

Once the Allentown Show is over and I finally get into the warehouse the moderators are going to help guide me in a direction that I can post lots of pictures of the process. But I will not be able to do direct sales from that post. All sales will be done through the Marketplace - first person to reply gets first shot at the machine.

Sell down of my collection & project stash went very smooth and everything that my local buddies didn't buy got listed here on Pinside. Over the years I had kind of a waiting list for machines in my collection (if I ever put them up for sale) so lots of the machines from the collection were basically sold with just an email.

Once I get into the warehouse machines - no favorites - just list the ones we are not keeping one at a time in the Marketplace as well as on other venues. First person to email gets first shot at each and right on down the line. No drama - no BS - just machines for sale at "fair" prices with everyone having an equal shot at each machine. I'll do the listings the same as I did my recent listings - first post on Pinside and then if a machine is not sold within a couple days it will get posted on other venues.

Anyway - I just want to try to keep everyone updated and this post made by Russell has given me a chance to do just that. So I thank him for asking and I also thank the moderators for helping me along this process. I know I have been a PITA at times but that wasn't my intent. I just want to share machines we don't want to keep with people who will enjoy them.

Thanks again to all! SKIP

#16 7 years ago

Great, we are now all updated, close thread

#17 7 years ago

Why do posters on message boards across the internet always act like they're being forced by gunpoint to read people's threads?

#18 7 years ago

WTDnnwE.gifWTDnnwE.gif

#19 7 years ago
    Quoted from Cornelius:

Why do posters on message boards across the internet always act like they're being forced by gunpoint to read people's threads?

Agreed. Seems to really anger some people.

That thread was the most entertaining thread of 2016.

Too Many Pins seems like a good guy. Maybe a bit of an odd duck, but a good guy.

#20 7 years ago
    Quoted from Elicash:

Agreed. Seems to really anger some people.
    That thread was the most entertaining thread of 2016.
    Too Many Pins seems like a good guy. Maybe a bit of an odd duck, but a good guy.

When people call me "crazy" my typical reply is - "and you think you are the first one that called me crazy TODAY"

When I put the original post up about the warehouse find I was bored out of my mind because I couldn't do any physical work for a couple days after dental surgery so I just kept having fun with the people that were bashing me. But things got kind of out of hand and the moderators have not been happy with me ever since.

What gets me - as stated a couple times above - people who are not interested are not forced to read a post or they can just go one step further and "ignore" all my post (a nice feature on Pinside).

Anyway - the local guys in the hobby that know me know who I am and what I am all about. It is never about me - it is about having fun & helping get parts to people who need those parts their machines. And occasionally I mix things up by selling off a bunch of machines from our collection or something. It sure as hell isn't about money because working with and parting out these machines is the least lucrative thing I have ever been involved in.

Anyway - I am bored again today - but I better stay away from this post or I'll be getting in trouble again.

#21 7 years ago

Anyway - I am bored again today

Uh oh ...

#22 7 years ago

Too many pins seems like just a good ole boy who likes to BS with folks, nothing wrong with that.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-about-that-big-sale?hl=mkgoetz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.