(Topic ID: 34821)

What about a new sub-forum for Baseball games?

By Golgotha

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 43 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by o-din
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 16 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSCN1205.JPG
    DSCN1202.JPG
    DSCN1212.JPG
    IMG00055-20110219-2309.jpg
    IMG00064-20110219-2313.jpg
    IMG00063-20110219-2312.jpg
    IMG00061-20110219-2311.jpg
    IMG00060-20110219-2311.jpg
    IMG00059-20110219-2310.jpg
    IMG00058-20110219-2310.jpg
    IMG00057-20110219-2310.jpg
    IMG00054-20110219-2309.jpg
    DSC00665.JPG
    Repro-backglass.JPG
    Restored.JPG
    2.jpg

#1 7 years ago

What about a new sub-forum for Baseball games?
    How do people suggest something like this?

#2 7 years ago

What about a sub forum for cricket

#3 7 years ago

I would vote no because this is a Pinball site and I doubt there are that many people with these to warrant its own sub-forum.

#4 7 years ago

Baseball has a long season, but I don't see it happening. BTW, the Padres are gonna win the NL West this year!!

#5 7 years ago

?

2.jpg

#6 7 years ago

I think the EM Pinball sub forum we already have will work fine for those with pitch and bat games too IMO.

Ken

#7 7 years ago

I just thought it would be cool since this theme usually isn't talked about much. It was a pitch and bat game that got me hooked as a kid growing up in Chicago. After all these years when I wanted to get back into pinball THAT was the game I searched for and found. I now have a 1966 Williams Pitch and Bat and a 1968 Williams Ball Park. My Pitch and bat was my first complete restoration. I made a repro backglass, custom grandstands that line the inside of the cabinet, repro targets as well as coin door stickers. I made my own stencils and repainted changing the gross green to a more "grass-like" color green. I recently found the Ball Park. The general look needs serious help, but I really like the ability of hitting the ball out of the park so I will be selling the 66' and restore the Ball Park and put it in the gameroom. I am thinking of creating a custom Chicago White Sox -vs- Flubs. Yes, I am from the South side. Anyway. I think it will be a cool unique addition.

Restored.JPG Repro-backglass.JPG DSC00665.JPG

#8 7 years ago

That looks really nice Golgotha. I've been causally looking for a Williams Slugfest for a fair price. But it seems most of them are in the NE.

#9 7 years ago

It would be nice to also be able to add the pictures of the backglasses to your "collection" neither of my games are available to add here. Why is that?

#10 7 years ago

There was one local a few months ago pretty cheap. They seem to pop up frequently here in AZ. Maybe because spring training here is popular.

#11 7 years ago

I agree with Ken. I think most fall under the EM pinball category.

I currently have two pitch and bats. They are fun. Most EM guys get a kick out of backglass animation and there isn't much better than a running man unit.

I couldn't add my 63 Big Inning to my Pinside collection as it isn't in the archive. Is there a way to add games to the archive?
    Alex

#13 7 years ago

Why aren't pitch and bat games in the pool of games to add to your collection?

#14 7 years ago
    Quoted from SealClubber:

I would vote no because this is a Pinball site

Quoted from Golgotha:

As already stated they are not considered pinball machines and this is a pinball forum however there may be other forums elsewhere that specialize in Pitch & Bat games.

Ken

#15 7 years ago
    Quoted from Golgotha:

Some are. Like William's Slugfest for example.

#16 7 years ago

I've always wanted a pitch and bat, more for the novelty than the gameplay. I almost never see them for sale in my area.

I guess they're considered EM arcade games and grouped with the gun games and such.

#17 7 years ago

My Slugfest was my first and only restoration. It is very popular with kids at family parties. It is a great addition to a pin collection. Great call outs.

#18 7 years ago

I have a 4 Bagger Deluxe for sale on Ebay currently if anybody is interested. I just picked a second one up yesterday.
    Alex

1 month later
    #19 6 years ago

I have a 1960 Williams delux Official Baseball and am just getting started on a 1954 Williams Super Pennant Baseball. I have enough parts on the Super Pennant to make 1 complete game. Does anyone know where to find the mech on the front of that machine that makes the bat function?

#20 6 years ago

I'd love to have one. I was offered one with a giant square cabinet, but I'd really love one that is pin sized. You did a beautiful job restoring that, looks fantastic!

#21 6 years ago
    Quoted from SealClubber:

I would vote no because this is a Pinball site and I doubt there are that many people with these to warrant its own sub-forum.

I would vote yes.

#22 6 years ago

Golgotha

go check out KLOV.com

http://www.arcade-museum.com/results.php

they embrace the pitch and bat games on the video game forum.

and I see no harm in covering anything that bats a ball on this site but you must ask Robin.

4 weeks later
    #24 6 years ago

Ive got a Williams Double Play in the basement of my grandma's house. Been down there since late Dec of 66 I think. Grandfather bought a bunch of old games way back then to keep the kids off of the streets. All that are left is the Double Play and a 61 Midway Deluxe Shooting Gallery.

#25 6 years ago

I just thought it would be cool since this theme usually isn't talked about much. It was a pitch and bat game that got me hooked as a kid growing up in Chicago. After all these years when I wanted to get back into pinball THAT was the game I searched for and found. I now have a 1966 Williams Pitch and Bat and a 1968 Williams Ball Park. My Pitch and bat was my first complete restoration. I made a repro backglass, custom grandstands that line the inside of the cabinet, repro targets as well as coin door stickers. I made my own stencils and repainted changing the gross green to a more "grass-like" color green. I recently found the Ball Park. The general look needs serious help, but I really like the ability of hitting the ball out of the park so I will be selling the 66' and restore the Ball Park and put it in the gameroom. I am thinking of creating a custom Chicago White Sox -vs- Flubs. Yes, I am from the South side. Anyway. I think it will be a cool unique addition.

You are very correct, when we have friends over the Pitch and Bat is always played. Here is a few pics to show how the kids enjoy it as you cant coach the fun they have on these older machines!

IMG00054-20110219-2309.jpg IMG00057-20110219-2310.jpg IMG00058-20110219-2310.jpg IMG00059-20110219-2310.jpg IMG00060-20110219-2311.jpg IMG00061-20110219-2311.jpg

#26 6 years ago

A few pics of the machine and its the same as its the same as the earlier poster. The kids so like watching the men move and the true bell sounds.

IMG00063-20110219-2312.jpg IMG00064-20110219-2313.jpg IMG00055-20110219-2309.jpg

#27 6 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

Ive got a Williams Double Play in the basement of my grandma's house. Been down there since late Dec of 66 I think. Grandfather bought a bunch of old games way back then to keep the kids off of the streets. All that are left is the Double Play and a 61 Midway Deluxe Shooting Gallery.

Two great games. Your grandpa had good taste.
    Alex

#28 6 years ago

Awesome seeing new generation having fun the "ol fashioned way"

#29 6 years ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

Two great games. Your grandpa had good taste.
    Alex

There was a bunch of EM pins that were gone before I was born. The only other item that made it (until I was 6 or so) was a big ball bowler. One day the return motor broke, and being pre-internet days, made it an impossible find. We would just stand in the back and grab the ball and push it down the return. Came back one day and it was gone.

30+ years later, and the older cousins STILL talk about it. I miss it incredibly, and one of the reasons I bought one last year!

#30 6 years ago

very rough. cabinet is scratched to hell, playfield is warped(after first base there is a mound from the playfield warping), grafitti on it, and wrong bat mechs in it as well as wear all around the pitching mech.

I am looking for an old pitch and bat Golgotha so if you are getting rid of one please let me know as you are right down the street.

#31 6 years ago

@jdawg4422 -I sold my restored 1966 Pitch and bat a few weeks ago. I had it on ebay and CL. I also have an unrestored 1968 Ballpark, however I am going to make a custom Whitesox vs Flubs game out of it so I am keeping it. If you ever want to check it out come on out to San Tan Valley. Its always cool meeting other local pinheads. The pitch and bat game was my first introduction into "pinball" even though this wonderful site doesn't consider it a pinball. IMHO I would include the baseball games, but we have gone there earlier. Maybe they will change.

#32 6 years ago

I just picked up a 1955 Chicago Coin Bullseye, it is my first EM and I'm working on restoring it. I was a little hesitant about asking for help - but the EM and Technical forums have been very helpfull. While this is a pinball forum - the pitch and bat games share the same technology. While a special section might be nice, I'm not sure enough folks would look at it when help is needed. EM and Technical both seem to get a lot of looks.

#33 6 years ago

dunno if "we" need a separate subforum, but i know i'd love to lay my hands on a pitch and bat...

#34 6 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

Baseball has a long season, but I don't see it happening. BTW, the Padres are gonna win the NL West this year!!

LOL!

#35 6 years ago

^^^

i thought the padres got relegated...

#36 6 years ago

I would love a pitch and bat but they are SO expensive around here....

#37 6 years ago
    Quoted from ccotenj:

^^^
    i thought the padres got relegated...

I was more laughing at the fact that he thought that the OP was recommending a sub forum for the sport of baseball.

#38 6 years ago
    Quoted from Chitownpinball:

I would love a pitch and bat but they are SO expensive around here....

Where is around here? I might be able to help as I know where one could be had, I think that seemed reasonable.

#39 6 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

I was more laughing at the fact that he thought that the OP was recommending a sub forum for the sport of baseball.

lol... note to self: follow along better next time...

on topic... what does a "complete working" pitch and bat go for these days? player condition... as noted, i'd love to have one, but i rarely see them for sale...

#40 6 years ago

While Pitch and Bats and Bingo Machines are Clearly (Not) Pinball Machines I do feel they are Related in the Family History of EM Coin Operated Machines and they should be able to be talked about Freely within the EM sub form. I could be wrong but I doubt any of the SS and DMD guys would care less if we talked about these types of machines providing we keep it in the EM Sub Form.

#41 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_Page:

While Pitch and Bats and Bingo Machines are Clearly (Not) Pinball Machines I do feel they are Related in the Family History of EM Coin Operated Machines and they should be able to be talked about Freely within the EM sub form. I could be wrong but I doubt any of the SS and DMD guys would care less if we talked about these types of machines providing we keep it in the EM Sub Form.

Bingo machines are really the true pinballs, a refinement of the one ball games which grew out of bagatelle pin games (just pins & balls). The later games are 'flipper' derivatives of pinballs.

And if anybody knows, can they explain the rules of a Gottlieb Baseball. I've got one but know nothing about baseball. For the life of me, I cannot understand how the game is supposed to work. Sometimes the bumpers light with two men lit on the bases, other times it seems to need three. Sometimes it scores 50 points a few times on the trot, others just once. It's a mystery, nothing like as obvious as every other flipper I've owned.

#42 6 years ago
    Quoted from doughslingers:

Where is around here? I might be able to help as I know where one could be had, I think that seemed reasonable.

Chicago area. Within 50 miles.

#43 6 years ago

I'm down for baseball. Big time!

DSCN1212.JPG DSCN1202.JPG DSCN1205.JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 79.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    DevilsMuse Arcade
    $ 75.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 225.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 99.95
    Cabinet Parts
    Merf's Pins
    $ 139.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 115.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 59.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 44.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 180.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Customs
    $ 89.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 40.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    G-Money Mods
    $ 34.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 6,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 5.00
    Boards
    Allteksystems
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside