Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 39 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by gac
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B-52H_static_display_arms_06.jpg
    #1 9 years ago

I know there have been a lot of threads about different bands that people would like to see pins made for. I don't recall seeing one suggesting a B-52's theme. I think it would be awesome. What do you think?

#2 9 years ago

That would totally kick ass in my eyes, but most people simply wouldn't "get it."

#3 9 years ago

Rock lobster multiball!

#4 9 years ago

Glitter on the backbox, glitter on the playfield bring your pinball money.
    Bangback on the coindoor baby.

#5 9 years ago

"No way". -black knight

#6 9 years ago

How about a real "strobe light" flashing during multiball?

#7 9 years ago

??? When I think of B-52's, I think of cluster bombs... My bad.

#8 9 years ago

I could see them selling at least 2 of these. To whom? That is a whole new question. I'm pretty sure the band wouldn't even buy it.

#9 9 years ago

In 1989, that might have been a hit, but their 15 minutes of fame ended 25 years ago.

#10 9 years ago

It could be super fun, colorful and campy...I just don't think they have the "fan base who'd buy pins" to make it worthwhile.

#11 9 years ago

No way...

#12 9 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

It could be super fun, colorful and campy...I just don't think they have the "fan base who'd buy pins" to make it worthwhile.

Might as well make a Hairspray pin.

#13 9 years ago

6-0-6-0-8-4-2! And I'm waiting for you!

It would almost have to be an EM to match their kitsch though. Could totally see Fred Schneider in a zoot suit on the 1950's style wedge-head backglass, with Kate and the other chick in their "hot pants" flanking him.

#14 9 years ago

Can you add a poll so I can firmly vote 'NO WAY, EVER IN A MILLION YEARS WOULD THAT BE COOL'

#15 9 years ago

The main toy would be the Love Shack, and you have to lock the ball in it by getting it through the 'TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN ROOOOOOOF....... rusted" hole.

#16 9 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Fanbase may not be there but would be a rad one off.

I love the B-52's. The music is fun and ridiculous. My wife and I always do Love Shack for karaoke. Crowd favorite for sure.

#17 9 years ago

Mo Dean UFO multiball.

#18 9 years ago

"Tin roof, rusted?" I thought it was Heeeeeenry, busted!

B-52H_static_display_arms_06.jpgB-52H_static_display_arms_06.jpg

#19 9 years ago

we already have austin powers... thats more than enough shagadelic for me

#20 9 years ago

That would be..............awesome! My own Private Idaho! They rock!

#21 9 years ago
    Quoted from bemmett:

Can you add a poll so I can firmly vote 'NO WAY, EVER IN A MILLION YEARS WOULD THAT BE COOL'

So how do you really feel about it?

#24 9 years ago

Years ago there was an old abandoned cabin up here built in the 20's we called the Love Shack.
    It turned into a real problem, vagrants, druggies etc.
    We tried to get the county to do something about this dump to no avail, no plumbing or water and people were crapping everywhere.
    We finally got together and cabled the post and pier foundation and jerked them out with our 4xs sending the Love Shack tumbling down the hill into the road below.
    We were blasting the Love Shack and laughing our asses off while we were doing it.
    We finally got the county to do something since they had to come demo the debris and haul it out of the road.
    It was a funky old shack in the middle of the road, Love Shack bayahbee!

#25 9 years ago

Ok - Some of you don't like the idea. Was just looking for opinions. Did four people really have to give me a "thumbs down" on my initial post? How about just post your stinking, crappy opinion? Jeesh.

#26 9 years ago

they were a great act, like em still too, but not for a pinball machine. the gameplay would have to be easy enough for combo hits to play whole songs or it'd just be a tickoff. beetlejuice or peewee's playhouse would be better concepts to work with for something from that era.

#27 9 years ago

peewee would be great as long as it didnt cost 100 million trillion dollars.

#28 9 years ago
    Quoted from chadderack:

6-0-6-0-8-4-2! And I'm ready for you!
    It would almost have to be an EM to match their kitsch though. Could totally see Fred Schneider in a zoot suit on the 1950's style wedge-head backglass, with Kate and the other chick in their "hot pants" flanking him.

BINGO!!!! make a b-52's em, and my money is ready...

#29 9 years ago
    Quoted from zizzlemeplease:

peewee's playhouse would be better concepts to work with for something from that era.

Would they have the darkened movie theatre multiball?

#30 9 years ago
    Quoted from zizzlemeplease:

they were a great act, like em still too, but not for a pinball machine. the gameplay would have to be easy enough for combo hits to play whole songs or it'd just be a tickoff. beetlejuice or peewee's playhouse would be better concepts to work with for something from that era.

I would be SO IN on a beetleguise!

#31 9 years ago

As I was staggering home from the Indianapolis Motor Speedway many moons ago, I was hit by a limo. Out pop the B-52's. They were kind enough to give me a ride home,..a whole 1/4 mile. Wow....that hair !!

#32 9 years ago
    Quoted from gac:

Ok - Some of you don't like the idea. Was just looking for opinions. Did four people really have to give me a "thumbs down" on my initial post? How about just post your stinking, crappy opinion? Jeesh.

Thumbs down mean someone doesn't agree with your post, it's not like they are ridiculing you for your suggestion.

I'll withhold my thumbs down, but I would have absolutely no interest in a B-52's pin and I'll keep my stinking, crappy opinion about it to myself.

#33 9 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

As I was staggering home from the Indianapolis Motor Speedway many moons ago, I was hit by a limo. Out pop the B-52's. They were kind enough to give me a ride home,..a whole 1/4 mile. Wow....that hair !!

Pretty awesome to get picked up by them!!!!!

#34 9 years ago

Let's all just be honest here... this is a terrible idea for 99% of the community.

#35 9 years ago
    Quoted from KillyKillall:

Let's all just be honest here... this is a terrible idea for 99% of the community.

Lots of us grew up late 70s and in to the 80s. B52s are cool nostalgia for our group. certainly more so than most of the main stream crap mentioned over and over. Are they the best of the alt pop scene, no. But they are trendy and fun which could make for neat game. It would stand out for sure.

#36 9 years ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Lots of us grew up late 70s and in to the 80s. B52s are cool nostalgia for our group. certainly more so than most of the main stream crap mentioned over and over. Are they the best of the alt pop scene, no. But they trendy and fun which could make for neat game. It would stand out for sure.

Oh don't get me wrong. I'm very familiar with the B-52's and do think it would be an interesting "one-of-a-kind" machine. I just don't think it would appeal to a large audience in the pinball community, so I was making sure the expectation wasn't going to be "OMG THAT IS THE BEST NEXT MACHINE IDEA EVER!" type of thing. Great niche for a niche crowd though.

Little known fact..well for most.. Fred Schneider auditioned to replace the vocals in The Doors after Jim Morrison died.

#37 9 years ago

Little known fact..well for most.. Fred Schneider auditioned to replace the vocals in The Doors after Jim Morrison died.

Damn, Cool fact. credibility index just went through the roof.

#38 9 years ago

I should also mention that my wife would force me to purchase this machine...something I would not look forward to.

#39 9 years ago

I should also mention that my wife would force me to purchase this machine.

Ah - ha!!!! I see that you are starting to come around killy

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-about-a-b-52s-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.