Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 101 posts
  • 57 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 months ago by Rdoyle1978
  • Topic is favorited by 44 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C3FDA1D8-4DE9-4293-9A3F-57F8F9D6935B (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20190622_150608 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190824_222812 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190914_201014 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191001_193726 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191001_193810 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191013_113630 (resized).jpg
    cv playfield done 3 (resized).jpg
    cv closeup (resized).jpg
    cv alternate (resized).jpg
    cv done full (resized).jpg
    cv playfield done1 (resized).jpg
    cv playfield done 2 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20181217_125956 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20181219_114055 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20181225_141135 (resized).jpg

There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 4 years ago

I'm finally revealing my homebrew project. I started this back in December 2017.

This is based mostly on the 2nd Castlevania game, Simon's Quest. This was a favorite game of mine growing up. The idea is to collect Dracula's body parts in the 5 mansions to resurrect him for a final battle to end a curse on the land.

This will be available to play at the Pinball Life Open House Thursday and Friday. I will then bring it over the Expo on Saturday. It is using P3 hardware and running skeleton game framework. Thank you for looking.

CV01 (resized).jpgCV01 (resized).jpgCV02 (resized).jpgCV02 (resized).jpgCV03 (resized).jpgCV03 (resized).jpgCV05 (resized).jpgCV05 (resized).jpgCV06 (resized).jpgCV06 (resized).jpgCV07 (resized).jpgCV07 (resized).jpgCV08 (resized).jpgCV08 (resized).jpgCV09 (resized).jpgCV09 (resized).jpgCV10 (resized).jpgCV10 (resized).jpg
    #2 4 years ago

As someone who loves the Castlevania series EXCEPT Simon’s Quest - this is a version of Simon’s Quest I WOULD want to play! Congrats!

#3 4 years ago

Nice work. I'll have to check it out Thursday!

#4 4 years ago

Badass.

#5 4 years ago

Does it use the NES chip tunes?

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Does it use the NES chip tunes?

I am using music from CV2 and most sound effects too. I did borrow some sounds from CV1 and CV3.

#7 4 years ago

Very cool thanks for sharing.

#8 4 years ago

This is awesome, Im a huge fan of the franchise. Keep up the solid work!

#9 4 years ago

Following!!!
    Simons Quest was definitely a different take after the first one but I enjoyed it immensely!

#10 4 years ago

I love castlevania and this looks like fun

Great job

Now I can think of the pinball and the avgn episode when I think of Simons quest

#11 4 years ago

Castlevania 2 was my favorite of the series. The game looks great so far, and the music alone would be incredible in a pinball machine.

Can't wait to see some videos of it in action!

#12 4 years ago

Great choice of theme! Looks fun.

#13 4 years ago

Great job indeed!

#14 4 years ago

Loaded up for PBL tomorrow.

IMG_20191013_180829 (resized).jpgIMG_20191013_180829 (resized).jpg
    #15 4 years ago

Great job! Hopefully a video soon.

#16 4 years ago

Really cool. What a great game to use for a theme. I've had my own similar ideas for a Contra homebrew with a co-op feature.

Have fun and good luck running it at PBL.

#17 4 years ago

Looks great!

Can't wait to check it out at Expo.

Are those ramps from Ironman?

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from mwiz:

Looks great!
    Can't wait to check it out at Expo.
    Are those ramps from Ironman?

Left ramp is Iron Man. Right is Star Trek. I wanted ramps with different depths.

#19 4 years ago

Cant wait to check this out on Thursday! What an awesome theme to choose. Castlevania will go down as one of my all-time favorite franchises. This looks fantastic!

#20 4 years ago

Awesome I've always wanted to see (hear) a pin with a chip tunes soundtrack.

#21 4 years ago

Looks awesome! Can’t wait to play it !

#22 4 years ago

Silent assassin, you’ve been quietly killing shit for quite sometime.

#23 4 years ago

Looks fantastic!
    Remember us when you’re famous

#24 4 years ago

Great looking pin, and great BDM song too.

#25 4 years ago

One of my dream themes.
    Nice work, gotta see play footage.

#27 4 years ago

Looks very nice, and glad to see it will be there Saturday for me to check out!

I like how your playfield volume is exactly as deep as your layout needs. Lots of cabinets are designed super deep in the back, without actually using all that space.

#28 4 years ago

Huge fan of the series. Castlevania:SOTN is still my favorite video game ever made. Excellent theme choice. Maybe we will see someone tackle Mega Man next.

#29 4 years ago

I dig your taste in theme selection. I'm surprised they haven't come out with a Movie about it yet.

#30 4 years ago
    Quoted from V4Vendetta:

I dig your taste in theme selection. I'm surprised they haven't come out with a Movie about it yet.

There is a fantastic anime series on Netflix.

#31 4 years ago

This thread inspired me to go download the DejaWolf CV1 remake I had heard about long, LONG ago.

Dug the anime series, but it did not feel like "Castlevania" to me. WTF is up with all the cursing?

#32 4 years ago

looks awesome, thanks for sharing

#33 4 years ago

Very cool HB project! Following...

#34 4 years ago

So clean

#35 4 years ago

CV sitting next to a great game.

IMG_20191016_114238 (resized).jpgIMG_20191016_114238 (resized).jpg
    #36 4 years ago

I have to just say this looks amazing and the layout looks like tons of fun...congrats on the awesome work!

#37 4 years ago

fuck yes!

Love it. Any video of it in action?

#38 4 years ago

I'm sure someone will get video of it by the end of this weekend.
    If not I'll try to make it happen.

#39 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jeewiz13:

CV sitting next to a great game.[quoted image]

Awesome! I am going to be hanging out there most of the day .

#40 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

This thread inspired me to go download the DejaWolf CV1 remake I had heard about long, LONG ago.
    Dug the anime series, but it did not feel like "Castlevania" to me. WTF is up with all the cursing?

It's a show about vampires and curses and shit...so, why not? It's for adults, not kids. It's a great show. The only thing that didn't feel Castlevania to me was the music...but then in season 2 they busted out some classic Castlevania score during a big action scene...I was so happy!

#41 4 years ago

Very cool man,love the theme

#42 4 years ago

This game plays great. I love the theme. Hopefully someone will buy the white wood an d makes the game

#43 4 years ago

What a nice job. The ramps are a perfect fit but I couldn't tell which games they came from since the rest of the layout does so much else to give it a unique touch.

#44 4 years ago

Is there a video somewhere?

#45 4 years ago

Awesome! I almost went with this as a theme when i did my Flash Gordon > Ghostbusters re-theme many years ago. This looks even cooler. Love the CV franchise, especially 3 and SOTN. Fans should check out the recent Bloodstained games which are spiritual successors to those old 'vanias.

#46 4 years ago

Very cool! 'Hope you bring it to SFGE, I'd love to play it!

#47 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

It's a show about vampires and curses and shit...so, why not? It's for adults, not kids. It's a great show. The only thing that didn't feel Castlevania to me was the music...but then in season 2 they busted out some classic Castlevania score during a big action scene...I was so happy!

Yeah, I mean it's not a big deal - but I wanted to share that show with my kid since we're such huge fans of the CV games, and I was like "ooook.... maybe in a couple years" . Anyway I thought the 2nd season was great, VERY important to hear the actual game score in there!

#48 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Yeah, I mean it's not a big deal - but I wanted to share that show with my kid since we're such huge fans of the CV games, and I was like "ooook.... maybe in a couple years" . Anyway I thought the 2nd season was great, VERY important to hear the actual game score in there!

It's kind of the reverse of the 80's. Remember when all the R or not-totally-for-kids movies got turned into cartoons? Rambo, Robocop, Little Shop of Horrors, Beetlejuice, Ghostbusters, Teen Wolf, Toxic Avenger, Police Academy....

#49 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

It's kind of the reverse of the 80's. Remember when all the R or not-totally-for-kids movies got turned into cartoons? Rambo, Robocop, Little Shop of Horrors, Beetlejuice, Ghostbusters, Teen Wolf, Toxic Avenger, Police Academy....

Haha that is 100% right on

#50 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

It actually gave me chills!

There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-a-horrible-night-to-have-a-curse-castlevania-homebrew and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.