• Latest reply 11 years ago by jar155
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

NIB.jpg
spider-man.jpg
There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

...And I'm referring to actual sale price, not asking price...

edit: just to clarify, I was not the buyer

spider-man.jpgspider-man.jpg

#2 11 years ago

Wow, it's a steal! Seriously though how can a game get that dirty?

#3 11 years ago

Ahh ... sweet Spiderman prepare to meet thy maker as you face The Gods of Novus in The Ultimate Battle of Grime!!

#4 11 years ago

New real SandMan mod?

#5 11 years ago

what kind of complete douche wouldn't clean a game?!!?

#6 11 years ago

Some people just don't give a crap. Seriously, how can some operator or whatever not spend a little time when storing a nice machine like that and wrap it properly. Assuming that's the case.

#7 11 years ago

wow. that is dirty

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from paulohotline:

Wow, it's a steal! Seriously though how can a game get that dirty?

Stored in warehouse with no glass i assume?

#9 11 years ago

no dmd, what else is missing lol

#10 11 years ago

LOL @ the rubber around the right flipper.

#11 11 years ago

That's crazy. Stored for a long time without the glass on, and possibly outside.

Would I be correct in guessing that was at the Anaheim auction yesterday? Makes me almost miss the days of going to auctions so many years ago to see what shows up hoping to get a deal - NOT.

#12 11 years ago

Thats just stupid..

#13 11 years ago

All fs posts on huo spidermans have now just gone up $2k.

#14 11 years ago

Is the goodie bag intact?

#15 11 years ago

Domestic dispute.

#16 11 years ago

Can't wait to see the AFTER pictures. Please keep us updated.

Good luck!
Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
www.ElephantEater.com

#17 11 years ago

If that is what a 4k SM looks like then I think the buyer may have been better off buying a HUO for another 1000-1500...

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from PNBLWZD:

Would I be correct in guessing that was at the Anaheim auction yesterday? Makes me almost miss the days of going to auctions so many years ago to see what shows up hoping to get a deal - NOT.

we have a winner

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

If that is what a 4k SM looks like then I think the buyer may have been better off buying a HUO for another 1000-1500...

Depending on what the cabinet looks like, this may not be too bad of a deal. It looks dirty as hell, but it's amazing what you can do with games like this....for not much money. Cleaning products and elbow grease are cheap.

Considering current SM prices, unless it has a beat-to-hell cabinet and missing boards, they did *okay* IMHO.

#20 11 years ago

There are a lot of things I would do with 4K, buying that machine would not be among them.

#21 11 years ago

I just picked up a HUO Simpsons Pinball Party that didn't look THAT bad, but it was clear it had not been cleaner... ever. Lots of TLC and Novus and the machine looks like it just slid out of the box. Hopefully you will have the same results!

#22 11 years ago

4k? Missing DMD and board? Hours of cleaning and disassembly? How would you like to be part owner of the golden gate bridge

#23 11 years ago

no effing way would i drop 4,000 on any game in that condition.

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

I bet if it was a MM you would.

#25 11 years ago

If it was just stored and got dusty isn't a big deal like if it was ground down by being played dirty.
I'd be concerned there are bigger hidden surprises since it appears it may have been partially stripped, possibly to repair other machines.

Best case scenario here is that the playfield glass and DMD were vandalized on route and it was just pulled and stored. 4 grand seems pretty high to me.

#26 11 years ago

Looks like a 1K Spidey to me. Yick.

#27 11 years ago

This game sold at an auction in Anaheim,Ca. Do not be suprised to see it come up again at the next auction. Sellers are allowed to bid as well as the auctioneer.

An X-men pro sold for 4K plus 18% buyer fees/taxes! Thats more than new ??

#28 11 years ago

I am so glad to know a network of collectors in my area that seem to run shit out here

Not that I have anything to do with their deals, it's just nice to know I won't ever have to buy a routed Xmen for more than NIB, or pay advertised retail for NIB or pay $4k for the worlds worst SM.

#29 11 years ago

Just say its a HUO and now its worth 5k.

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

or pay $4k for the worlds worst SM.

There's no way anyone can tell the true condition of that game from that one picture. It doesn't look like it has playfield wear by the doc oc magnet but the picture isn't so great. I hear what you're saying, though. It's nice to have friends who can get you stuff for ok prices.

#31 11 years ago

Wow...... do you have your hands full. I would love to see after photos.
Good luck!

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from StrykersArcade:

This game sold at an auction in Anaheim,Ca. Do not be suprised to see it come up again at the next auction. Sellers are allowed to bid as well as the auctioneer.
An X-men pro sold for 4K plus 18% buyer fees/taxes! Thats more than new ??

fees/taxes are 23.75% in person or 26.75% if you bid online (fyi the 4k for this spider-man is fees/taxes included).

Also I highly doubt the seller was displeased with this particular sale enough to buy it back.

edit: actually it's higher than that because the tax is formulated from the gavel price + buyer's premium, not the straight gavel price.

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from AbacusMan:

Just say its a HUO and now its worth 5k.

lolllll.. so thats how it work.

#34 11 years ago

So, it has come to this...

#35 11 years ago

Its a flood game guys ......

#36 11 years ago

What a $4,000 Spider-man Looks Like...

Funny,
Two years ago a $4,000 SM looked like this:

NIB.jpgNIB.jpg

"Oh, what a world! What a world!"

Well, now that the history lesson is out of the way- who's ready to buy my TRON-LE at $12K???

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Funny,Two years ago a $4,000 SM looked like this:

I almost made a post like this, but figured I get ridiculed about not living in the past. I love Spidey, but I can't make myself bite at today's prices. Need to bide my time.

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from jackal2001:

All fs posts on huo spidermans have now just gone up $2k.

I think the opposite... $4k was generous for this pin

#39 11 years ago

LOL WOW is that ever funny. I had a REAL good laugh when I saw this post. NICELY DONE! LOL

Quoted from NimblePin:

Funny,
Two years ago a $4,000 SM looked like this:

Well, now that the history lesson is out of the way- who's ready to buy my TRON-LE at $12K???

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

Its a flood game guys ......

FLOOD PIN

#41 11 years ago

It's actually a $5,000+ pin after transport, labor & repairs I bet.

I guess the buyer didn't know about a sweet ass NIB Avengers Pro with a NIB 42" HDTV & a NIB 12pk of beer, a year of Netflix & a NIB Extra Large supreme pizza for the same price?

I know which I'd rather have.

#42 11 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

It's actually a $5,000+ pin after transport, labor & repairs I bet.
I guess the buyer didn't know about a sweet ass NIB Avengers Pro with a NIB 42" HDTV & a NIB 12pk of beer, a year of Netflix & a NIB Extra Large supreme pizza for the same price?
I know which I'd rather have.

Time for a multitude of unboxings at once.

#43 11 years ago

Take an air compressor to that thing and it'll probably look like brand new... unless it's had some moisture cake the dirt on too.

#44 11 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

When you say 'condition' I'm not sure what you can see regarding the games condition from that photo... It looks like just some light dust to me after not having the glass on while in storage... the playfield doesn't look worn at all... There's a good chance that a good dusting down, a new DMD and a couple of flipper rubbers (make that one flipper rubber) and the game will look like new...

Post edited by pinballslave : Number of flipper rubbers to make like new reduced.

#45 11 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

Is the goodie bag intact?

LMAO!

#46 11 years ago

Looks like Sandman sneezed...

#47 11 years ago

Ya, i think you might be onto something there.

#48 11 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

Ya, i think you might be onto something there.

Because of the dust you mean?

#49 11 years ago

When I tried to sell my Spider-Man, someone backed out because of wear on the skyline artwork from light bulbs. The price was $4,100 earlier this year.

The game played fine but had some Doc Ock wear.

#50 11 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

Because of the dust you mean?

If I were a betting man, i'd say it was simply dust. If it were a flood pin, i would expect even distribution of darker material all over the playfield. I really don't give two squirts because I didn't buy it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
$ 25.95
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
Machine - For Sale
Lombard, IL
$ 25.50
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-a-4000-spider-man-looks-like and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.