(Topic ID: 124294)

What 90s Gottlieb games do you own and why?

By HighProtein

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 40 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by binary11
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Street Fighter 2: Love the theme, decent game, earns on route.

and

Mario Brothers: Love the theme, decent game, earns on route.

#2 9 years ago

Big Hurt. I like baseball and this is a great game with a unique playfield layout with lots of great shots and modes.

#3 9 years ago

Stargate.

Awesome System 3 game that is packed with cool toys and fun modes. Great theme (imho), good fun but definitely not easy.

#4 9 years ago

Wipe Out! Got it for an absolute great price, was in great shape and I enjoy skiing, or at least I did so hence my like of the game. Think it does not get the credit it deserves along with many other System 3 games!!

#5 9 years ago

Stargate, because its freaking awesome. GTB haters are always gonna hate.

#6 9 years ago

Stargate. The only pin I could find on location locally when I got more into pins was Stargate and I kept going back to play it until I found one of my own.

#7 9 years ago

Stargate. Love the theme, super deep code and so much shit going on in it. If it was made in todays era of pins, it would definently be an LE model.

#8 9 years ago

Tee'd Off. Very fun game. Love the artwork. Easy to play and is not intimidating. When I have parties or friends over, it gets the most play of all but one of my games. Non pinheads love it because they don't feel embarrassed when they play it. They also love it when Gunther taunts them! Hey! Are those range balls you're using???

#9 9 years ago

Mario Andretti…….. Center post, left side kickback, right side gate, and guaranteed play time of 2 minutes. So, how the heck does it blow the ball by my best efforts? Yes it is that fast, and a lot of fun.

It will be at PATZ on Saturday if you want to see for yourself.

#10 9 years ago

Stargate - If it had the Williams name attached it would be ranked much higher

#11 9 years ago

I own Street Fighter 2 and love it so far. Also Tee'd Off is on my list to own someday, but currently there are a bunch of them on location near me, so I don't have to buy it now in order to play it regularly. The operator owns 5 or 6 of them, so maybe someday if he decides to sell them I may buy one of his. I already own NGG, so Tee'd Off would complete the Caddyshack theme.

#12 9 years ago

Owned a WW, was fun but got old kind of quick. Kind of miss it now that its gone though.

SG, its ok, but I really dont think its the best Sys3. The software might be the most established, but I dont have that much fun with the game. Its on its way out.

SF2, wife loves this game. Plays like the video game. Kill all the bad guys, beat the end boss (wizard mode), the end. Pretty basic. Has fun shots, but the modes arent all that great. Not going any where. Happy wife, happy life.

Teed off is ok, just dont dig the theme.

Freddy is the funnest Sys 3 I have played thus far. I would love to own a nice one. Creepy theme, well executed. Weird toys that keep it fresh feeling for me.

1 year later
#13 7 years ago

Cue Ball Wizard is one Gottlieb I have, love the pool balls and whole gameplay.

#14 7 years ago

I want a 90's Gottlieb...

#15 7 years ago

Al's Garage Band Goes on World Tour because the flipper button feedback.

Mystery Castle, for the rarity and theme. Hope I enjoy it, but won't get to play till after its shopped.

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

Stargate, because its freaking awesome. GTB haters are always gonna hate.

What is GTB?

#17 7 years ago

I have Super Mario Bros Pinball... Wife likes it. I love it's theme but the game is pretty easy to me and I'm a little bored with it.

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Al's Garage Band Goes on World Tour because the flipper button feedback.
Mystery Castle, for the rarity and theme. Hope I enjoy it, but won't get to play till after its shopped.

You picked up a couple of rare games when I wasn't looking. What's the story behind those? How long have you had them? Where did you get them? What kind of condition were they in?

#19 7 years ago

It always kills me when people talk bad about Gottlieb! The company that invented the flippers and created Pinball as we know it. I have always loved Gottliebs of all eras!

#20 7 years ago

Shorthand for Gottlieb...

#21 7 years ago

World Challenge Soccer. I like the game,a fun shooters game with a lot of timed events.The best part is was only $500 and I only had to clean,solder a few wires and rebuild the flippers.

#22 7 years ago

Stargate is really the only one I think I'd ever care to own. Just not a Gottlieb fan, don't like playing them or working on them really.

#23 7 years ago

Now is a gottlieb premier still a 'true' gottlieb for the sake of this thread.
I recall when I picked up my last pin off one of the old guard pin guys. I mentioned of all the major makers I had not owned a gottlieb (fixed a Genie for a buddy of my barber).
He told me not to bother.
I did like Haunted House in my teen years. Now it just seems to lack the features I am looking for in the same price range.
Still have to play a few more to play. My wife likes to share a game so I really want to play a GP Tag Team Wrestling. Co-op play?

#24 7 years ago

Gladiators.....I wanted a system 3 and this one is very fun to play. Love the shaker motor. Who can resist "Your flesh is my fuel"......!!

#25 7 years ago

Gladiators and Stargate are my favorite so far.
Great shots and fun overall.

I've also owned a waterworld and wipe out.

You can't beat the system 3 Gottliebs for the price-to-fun value.

#26 7 years ago

Cue Ball Wizard because it's just a big ol' box of awesome.

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from balzofsteel:

Cue Ball Wizard because it's just a big ol' box of awesome.

"You sure need that ramp shot" haha classic

4 weeks later
#28 7 years ago

Silver Slugger, Genesis, and Gladiators. Silver Slugger is a great game for the non-pinball playing guests. It's simple, has lots of shots and a theme that people like in general. Genesis was a basket case project I fixed up for my first pin. I don't know if I will keep it long term but I enjoy it. Gladiators was a game I first played during league play. The flow is fantastic and it really punishes bad shots due to the crazy strong system 3 flippers. It has a few shortcomings but they are overshadowed by how much fun it is to flip. I don't think I will be getting rid of that one any time soon.

#29 7 years ago

I have Barbwire, for a cheap dmd its pretty fun.

#30 7 years ago

I just picked up a Stargate to go with SF2 now. It's a really fun game. I also wouldn't mind getting a Big Hurt or Cue Ball Wizard at some point.

#31 7 years ago

Stargate & Mario Andretti. If you have M.A. dialed in properly, this is a great game. The scoring can be a bit outrageous, but it's fast and has some great shots. Being able to start with 3 ball multiball because of a skill shot is great.

Stargate is fast and fun. Must have rebuilt flippers in order to play this game 100%. One weak flipper kills this game and almost every one of these I have played at shows or PBHoF has a weak flipper. My wife loves the theme on this one too.

Would not mind a Big Hurt someday. That game is very underrated.

#32 7 years ago

I got Freddy, it's a good pin. Changing the difficulty to hard and installing system 1 coil stops on the lower flippers made it even better.

#33 7 years ago

SMB. the theme is great and it earns well on location. sure, not a hard game but for casual players the sense of accomplishment will keep them engaged in a way a more punishing machine will not.

also, my son is a huge Mario fan.

#34 7 years ago

I have a Big Hurt but only because it does well on route. Otherwise I hate carrying around those heavy bastards.

#35 7 years ago

Just helped my friend move a Big Hurt and man, it lives up to its name! Thought there was a set of dumbbells stored in the cabinet! what makes that game so heavy?

#36 7 years ago

I have a Freddy and have always been a big fan of the game. Goofy and not for everyone but I have always found it fun.

#37 7 years ago

Super Mario!
Because...
It's A HIM, MARIO!

Traded SF2, would like one again!

#38 7 years ago

Not often at all can I contribute to a non-Em topic.
A "Strikes and Spares" because I have Ball Bowlers.. (T)

2 weeks later
#39 7 years ago

A Shaq Attaq.
Beqause it was cheap and it's a nice and fairly easy game for guests who like to drink beer and try to hit the basket.

2 months later
#40 7 years ago

Street Fighter 2.

I love the theme, as it was the first arcade machine I ever played. I'm in the minority of people who enjoy the gameplay. I got it for a good price and when I fix a few issues (flipper, car missing, car crunch plastic not being flush with the playfield) I will put it on location where I think it will do well. The fact that I bought it for a good price from someone in state and could pick it up myself also helped.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

2,520 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 1.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

2,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TENNESSEE
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 68.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-90s-gottlieb-games-do-you-own-and-why?hl=rattmuscle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.