You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

D08209B1-3EC1-42F3-B3F2-FBC3FE68566E (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
20160925_164922 (resized).jpg

#1 7 years ago

Just pulled the plunger on TAF and this happened!

Now I’m not a competitive person but I didn’t even know you could score that low.
Please let someone be worse that me!

Post a picture and shame yourself

20160925_164922 (resized).jpg20160925_164922 (resized).jpg

#2 7 years ago

I don't have a picture, and I can't even remember if it was me or my wife, but I want to say that on Metallica, somehow one of us ended up with a ball 1 that was under 5k points. I think it was me. Like botched super skillshot and hit NOTHING and ball save did not kick in.

#3 7 years ago

I was playing whirlwind in a tournament and I soft plunged and went off the slingshot straight into the right outlane.

#4 7 years ago

First time playing WOZ: Launched first ball, it bounced around for a few seconds, then ball became airborne and got stuck on a "one way" wire switch in the ball launch. Totally sucked.

#5 7 years ago

Any ball you don't get to touch is "that" ball

#6 7 years ago

I plunged my first ball on a game of D&D and it hit a pop and rifled down the middle. 100 points. Yay me.

#7 7 years ago

Pretty much any ball I play in a tournament

#8 7 years ago

I've had plenty of sub 300 point plunges on WOZ. The pops on it are really dangerous and there is no ball saver.

#9 7 years ago

F-14 is fast and comes right for the drain. If your not prepared it's gone before you even notice

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from Brazy:

Any ball you don't get to touch is "that" ball

I don't even count EM's in this category anymore. My Crescendo will screw you out of probably close to 30-70% of balls plunged without ever getting to flip depending on how wet the ground is around my condo and how much the foundation has imperceptibly shifted..

#11 7 years ago

100 points on Black Knight. Straight down the middle ramp past the upper flippers (triggering the gate switch on the ramp for 100 points, hence no 0-point scored ball save), then sdtm. I could swear i heard him laughing...

#12 7 years ago

Self fulfilling prophesy it seems. My first ball of the afternoon:

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
I find soft plunges on WOZ to be safe but a full plunge is just a crap shoot. 25% of the times the pops send the ball SDTM or straight to the right outlane. (I've been trying full plunges on ball 1 to get Capture Dorothy early but I'm starting to think it is just too dangerous)

#13 7 years ago

Can't recall the score but was TAF

Plunge, hit pop, drain.

#14 7 years ago

I got a zero point ball one on my Far Out.

#15 7 years ago

And now for something different ...

2014 TPF. ( At least I think is was 2014)

For the attempt to break the World Record for most pinball players playing at one time, I took my spot in front of my own Gottlieb Atlantis (EM) in the tournament area.

We were instructed to play one ball as
part of the validation process.

I proceed to put up the single greatest ball I have ever played on Atlantis. I believe I scored 54,000+ points. For those that do not play EM machines, average scores, for a complete 5 ball game, tend to be 30-40K on this particular machine when it has a TPF tournament tilt setting, I.e tight.

What made it appalling was the fact that I wasted my best single ball on a non-tournament attempt and I knew that I would not play a better game all weekend. To make things worse, I was not allowed to finish my other 4 balls. UGH!!

And sure enough, I was eliminated from the tournament during the playoffs on this very Atlantis after scoring 32K during my match.

Marcus

#16 7 years ago

You could have an amazing game of WOZ and still be under 100,000, and you feel all bad about it.

What was JJP thinking when they went the low score route??

#17 7 years ago

People frequently hard plunge the full loop on my seawitch and get 10 points total as it rockets down the middle off the bottom corner of the right slingshot. When u come over, medium plunge and be ready! Note that holding up the upper left flipper on the plunge is risky too. Yes, hits middle drops, but heads for sdtm.

2 years later
#18 4 years ago

I just donated so I could post to this old thread…

Fellow pinheads I present to you the worst score I’ve seen on a TAF

D08209B1-3EC1-42F3-B3F2-FBC3FE68566E (resized).jpegD08209B1-3EC1-42F3-B3F2-FBC3FE68566E (resized).jpeg
#19 4 years ago

Played Mata Hari at the Pinfest tournament a couple of years ago. I tilted on ball 1 and had a score of 0 points.

#20 4 years ago

In Dialed In I recall draining without hitting a single target and the game awarded 500 or so points for a "participation award" lol.

#21 4 years ago

Bsd, straight down the middle with out hitting a damn thing.

#22 4 years ago

Last night... league night... game 1, Harlem Globetrotters. Ball one, 500,000+ points.

Drew the again in game 3, which is unusual, given about 15 machines available.

Ball one, a ten 10 point switch then STDM for 1,010 points after bonus. Don't believe its possible to score lower on a ball in that game without tilting away bonus since you have to hit a switch to validate the playfield.

Ugh.

#23 4 years ago

Slick Chick, 1st ball score: 1. It's easy!

Don C.

#24 4 years ago

There were a number of times I drained in an outlane within about 5 seconds or less on Stern SW.

#25 4 years ago

Not just one ball, but three on Iron Man:

1. Plunge, brick first shot, outlane
2. Plunge, exit from the pops to the left and drained
3. Plunge, brick first shot, outlane

And that, my friends, is how I lost to a 4-year old (son of @taylor34) in tournament play.

#26 4 years ago

Final game of a three game set against Gravitar for the championship of the Detroit pinball league on a late model EM (don’t remember which one). The first ball comes around to the flipper and I catch it without scoring a point. I deliberately let the ball drain thinking that the ball would come back to the shooter lane for another plunge. Wrong: The first ball is over and Todd goes on to win the match.

#27 4 years ago

When I first got my 2001 a friend of mine got zero points in each of his first three balls. Good thing it was on 5- ball.

#28 4 years ago

Gotten zeros on my Jungle Queen more than once. Talk about a bad start.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 26.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts
Other
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what%e2%80%99s-your-most-appalling-1st-ball?hl=ambro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.