6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 69 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 6 years ago

I have been asked to buy a pin for a family member that only wants one pin. Price range is 2-2300. What’s a fun pin in that range that will keep people happy for a while.
    I know a lot is personal opinion but trying to figure a great bang for your buck game

I was thinking in the lines of demo man or monopoly or earths shaker or whirlwind if they can be found in that range?

They have two kids and the typical neighborhood kids ect

They have a total budget of 3k but They are going to get a driving game also so depending on that price they may have a little more

Thx for the input

#2 6 years ago

WhoDunnit is a pretty cool/fun game in that range

#3 6 years ago

If you can find a Jurassic Park for 2k, the kids will love it

#4 6 years ago

I will second the W?D reply. I realize for hard core pinball players it may not have the same appeal as other games, but I'm still amazed by the fact that a number of guests at parties we host still gravitate to that machine even when there are machines like Dialed In and Twilight Zone next to it. I think it's a fun DMD game with a great soundtrack and an interesting approach. Good luck in the search!

#5 6 years ago

One can occasionally find WCS-94 at the upper end of his price range. A lot of today's kids are exposed to youth soccer and they might like that one.

#6 6 years ago

WCS is firmly planted north of 3000 these days unless it’s a basket case project. JP is headed the same way - about 2500 minimum. Demolition man is a fantastic 2500$ game. Sega games are a great value - baywatch, Twister, etc. can be had for under 2500. The getaway might be a good option too.

#7 6 years ago

Seen a couple Ripleys for 3K.....

#8 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dkjimbo:

WCS is firmly planted north of 3000 these days unless it’s a basket case project. JP is headed the same way - about 2500 minimum. Demolition man is a fantastic 2500$ game. Sega games are a great value - baywatch, Twister, etc. can be had for under 2500. The getaway might be a good option too.

Def WCS out there that are not basket case projects at 2700-2900. I agree that JP and WCS are great candidates

#9 6 years ago

Whirlwind might be tough to come by at $2k these days, but I think you would be able to find an Earthshaker at that price. ES is a great bang for your buck game. Everyone I know prefers it over Whirlwind.

#10 6 years ago

I just sold a players wcs fully led 100% working for $2200. I posted it on clist. Maybe I should have posted it here.

#11 6 years ago

Cant seem to touch one on the east coast for under 3k these days!

#12 6 years ago

If anyone has a decent WCS for under $2500 pm me for immediate sale!

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dkjimbo:

If anyone has a decent WCS for under $2500 pm me for immediate sale!

I sold mine for 2400 a year or so ago. Thought I got a pretty good price. Not a 3k pin in my opinion.

#14 6 years ago

Earthshaker, Whirlwind, and Black Rose

#16 6 years ago

Demo Man is great choice.

#17 6 years ago

First choice for me at that price point would be a T2, then Demo Man.

#18 6 years ago

T2 is a great idea
    I’m going to start sending him some videos and see what’s for sale for these titles near me

I might have a driving game for 300 and they also want a shuffle bowler so if I can find a cheap one they may have a few more buck for a pin

I appreciate all the input.

#19 6 years ago

So far black rose is his top choice, followed by t2 and who dunnit. Time to start shopping

#20 6 years ago

I would suggest looking at some of the Data East games. They tend to not get as much love as the Bally Williams games and that is usually reflected in the price. I picked up a Rocky and Bullwinkle for $1,800 a couple of months ago and it is a very fun game.

#21 6 years ago

No Fear and World Cup Soccer (in this price range it most likely won't have LEDs and might be kinda banged up)

#22 6 years ago

Getaway and a driving game would be a cool combo.

#23 6 years ago

Comet maybe?

#25 6 years ago

I had getaway for a while , I don’t think they liked it too much

#26 6 years ago

I'm sure this won't be a popular opinion, but Lethal Weapon 3. And you'll still have a bunch of $$$ left over.

#27 6 years ago

I've said this plenty of times on here before, but I've had a Stargate for almost two years now as my only pin and I still love playing it. It can certainly stand on its own for a while and can be bought for around $2000 easily. That said, unless the kids in question already like the theme, it might not interest them as much as some of the other games mentioned here. It's definitely worth looking into though.

#28 6 years ago

Ive got 2 rock the rushs paired all kids that come over love them. Even more than pins. Skeeball for 800 to 1000 are also big winners

#29 6 years ago

Tons of great games in your price range. Think outside the box. Cheaper, Laser War is a player. Taxi, an absolutely gorgeous classic. Don't be shy of the Gottlieb name either. Genesis (with alt translite) Cactus Jack's, Stargate are all fun. Kids love Cactus Jack's! Just wanted to throw some other games out there that aren't the usual suspects.

#30 6 years ago

I was actually thinking stargate, I always thought that looked like a fun game, I’ll show them

Never seen or played cactus jacks

#31 6 years ago
    Quoted from Hdmike444:

I was actually thinking stargate, I always thought that looked like a fun game, I’ll show them
    Never seen or played cactus jacks

I'm shopping out one for a friend. It's a turd I wouldn't pay $2000 for. Shoot this, shoot that, multi ball everytime you hit a skill shot, get this out of my house.

#32 6 years ago
    Quoted from Djshakes:

I'm shopping out one for a friend. It's a turd I wouldn't pay $2000 for. Shoot this, shoot that, multi ball everytime you hit a skill shot, get this out of my house.

That's the beauty of Pinside, a ton of different opinions. Cactus Jack's is a lot of fun kids thru competitive players like it, but the theme isn't for everyone. I would also suggest looking at Mousin Around, Bad Cats, and Cyclone. My daughter loves all of those. Watch videos and see what interests you.

#33 6 years ago

It's nice to be willing purchase a bunch of different games, instead of waiting for just one
    Particular title that might not come around for awhile.

#34 6 years ago

I showed him a bunch and he basically said whatever I think, but his top is still black rose, he likes the pirate theme. Not too many out there to choose from right now. I have a few weeks to get something for him.

#35 6 years ago

Black rose. All my games got a lot of action yesterday and BR was the favorite of a lot of family members....and I have a lot of variety to play.

Or you could buy my super NICE pinbot!

Good luck!

#36 6 years ago

I know a guy that has a very nice black rose that would probably sell between 2500-3000.

#37 6 years ago

Sounds good but hame needs to be 2500 max with shipping maybe 2600 since we just picked out a driving game but let me know

#38 6 years ago

Ugh, more like Cyclone!

#39 6 years ago

There is a beauty of a black rose in MD but price is already at 3k and shipping would kill it

I have a Couple weeks to get a pin so I’ll se what I can find

#40 6 years ago

I feel like I hype this game up a lot, but Lights Camera Action is another crowd pleaser. EVERYONE (non Pinball enthusiasts, that is) loves it. For a game built in 1989, it’s got a surprisingly deep rule set. Second most popular game next to my Earthshaker.

I think Gottlieb System 3 games offer a lot of great value, even if they’re not terribly valuable or popular among enthusiasts. Still, Black Rose, T2, And W?D are all good choices.

#41 6 years ago

Another vote for Mousin Around.

#42 6 years ago

I'm pretty sure no pinball on the earth is priced in this range as/of the last year!

#43 6 years ago

Whirl wind and Maverick are two of my favorites.

BK 2000 also

#44 6 years ago
    Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

I'm pretty sure no pinball on the earth is priced in this range as/of the last year!

No kidding! Bargains are out there but it's constant searching and fast dialing.

#45 6 years ago

I'd think you could find a heavily routed JP or T2 for the top end of this range.

It doesn't get a lot of love but SWE1 isn't horrible for the top end of this price point. Mousin' Around is good but they're prices have jumped recently as I was kind of looking for one but now they are $2K+ all day. Same goes with LW3 (never played).

It seems like $2K is pretty much the entry point of a DMD game now.

I hate directing traffic to facebook so I won't provide a link but, there is an entire group dedicated to pinball/arcades that are for sale and <$3K...

#46 6 years ago

no fear. Seriously underestimated this game. It's super fast and great flow for the price.

#47 6 years ago

So the budget is up to 2700 which might open up a few more options

#48 6 years ago

That’s solid JP territory. Crowd favorite. Lots of knowledge available. easy to sell in the future. Kinda a no brainer now IMO

Quoted from Hdmike444:

So the budget is up to 2700 which might open up a few more options

#49 6 years ago

That was his second pick so now I just need to see which one comes up first. At tops of 2700 I should be able to get a real nice game

#50 6 years ago

When you say a good pin for $2000 to $3000 you should factor in about $500 - $1000 of work depending on who you buy from.

There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what%e2%80%99s-a-good-pin-around-2000-2300-as-an-only-pin?hl=runbikeskilee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.