5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 56 posts
  • 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Untitled (resized).png

There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 5 years ago

What is the best mode that requires something like a flipper code to get to like Lyman’s Lemant on MB and Secret Mania on HS2?

#2 5 years ago

NEON multiball in CV.

#3 5 years ago
    Quoted from mrossman5:

What is the best mode that requires something like a flipper code to get to like Lyman’s Lemant on MB and Secret Mania on HS2?

Secret Mania is cool because it is a "secret" but as far as a game-play device, it is rather rough.

#4 5 years ago

ST:TNG Secret is good for some fast points.

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from Coyote:

NEON multiball in CV.

How do you get to it?

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from zh2oson:

Secret Mania is cool because it is a "secret" but as far as a game-play device, it is rather rough.

I usually lose my ball when I try to do it due to all the lights going crazy.

#7 5 years ago

Not necessarily 'modes', per se, but here are a few I like.

STTNG: End of ball bonus when Q starts talking about alternate trajectory, pressing the flipper buttons awards an extra 10M.

BSD: Ball goes in the Asylum scoop, press the flipper buttons for extra 5M.

Scared Stiff: Go into lit spider hole, when spider spins, watch DMD. If you see a number 3 go up the web instead of a spider, press the start button 3 times to get another spin on the spider wheel.

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from schudel5:

Not necessarily 'modes', per se, here are a few I like.
    STTNG: End of ball bonus when Q starts talking about alternate trajectory, pressing the flipper buttons awards an extra 10M.
    Scared Stiff: Go into lit spider hole, when spider spins, watch DMD. If you see a number 3 go up the web instead of a spider, press the start button 3 times to get another spin on the spider wheel.

Demolition Man also has a bunch of secret scoring “tricks” like that. It’s important to know all those tricks in case you are faced with one of those games in a tournament.

#9 5 years ago

I still like the alternate video mode in STTNG where you get to play poker.

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from mrossman5:

How do you get to it?

Spell 'NEON' before starting a game.
    The first Sideshow award will be Neon Multiball. Without entering it in, the game will randomly award it.

Code was put on during beta-testing 2.0H for debugging, and was going to be removed. I asked Cameron to leave it in. He agreed on the condition now e is time about it.

Since it's posted on the Easter egg site, I figured it says to say it now...

#11 5 years ago

Sperm attack? It’s so secret, I bet very few have heard of it.. nearly impossible to get to.

#12 5 years ago
    Quoted from mrossman5:

I usually lose my ball when I try to do it due to all the lights going crazy.

It is seizure-inducing.

I get a similar sensation when I drain multi-ball on Whirlwind and my room lights are off.

#13 5 years ago

Anyone for peking duck?

#14 5 years ago

I've always got a real kick out of midnight madness on Johnny Mnemonic.

#15 5 years ago
    Quoted from Kneissl:

Anyone for peking duck?

If you don't answer secret laughing mode on The Shadow you are wrong, wrong, wrong!

#16 5 years ago

Midnight Madness on Congo is fantastic fun! Dead flippers, beating drum like a heartbeat then 60 seconds of four ball action... and a fantastic dmd show to go with it.

#17 5 years ago

It's not a secret but snail time in Time Fantasy is wacky and fun.

#18 5 years ago

On stern kiss, if you spell kiss with the flippers before you plunge, the city’s are different modes.

#20 5 years ago

Dracula also has the big 20 point egg. When Dracula goes cross eyed, hit the stsrt button and you can see Fluffy the Vampire.

#21 5 years ago

Midnight Madness modes are very cool.

#22 5 years ago

IJ's WB frog minecart easter egg

#23 5 years ago
    Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I don't know if it's considered a "secret" but I've always got a real kick out of midnight madness on Johnny Mnemonic.

There's also the Johnny "Power Down" cheat

#24 5 years ago
    Quoted from vaevictis:

There's also the Johnny "Power Down" cheat

And that is?

#25 5 years ago
    Quoted from mrossman5:

Not sure if it matters to your question, but you “correctly” get Lyman’s Lament by hitting the scoop something like 45 times

#26 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Not sure if it matters to your question, but you “correctly” get Lyman’s Lament by hitting the scoop something like 45 times

You’re right. I guess I meant “enabling” it to be enabled.

#27 5 years ago

Hit the flipper buttons and make the guy choke on hot dog on CFTBL.

#28 5 years ago

Construction Mania on Road Show

#29 5 years ago
    Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

I still like the alternate video mode in STTNG where you get to play poker.

I always get a laugh on how easily you can get a big hand

#30 5 years ago

Another vote for construction mania on roadshow, that an the one on junkyard which i cant remember the name are the only 2 i know.

#31 5 years ago

Entering a flipper code [A-C-E] before you start the game to have "access granted" to start Power Down the first time you hit the glove

#32 5 years ago

Not Pinball, but NBA Jam had a hidden game. I can't remember the exact details, but if you held down all the buttons and both joysticks for two players, that vector battletank game would come up. An arcade employee showed me how to do it single handedly.

#33 5 years ago

According to Stern, Batman Forever has a secret that nobody has ever found yet. I think that's what they said during their 30th anniversary posts.

#34 5 years ago
    Quoted from schudel5:

Not necessarily 'modes', per se, but here are a few I like.

Do actually get an extra 5million on BSD. The scoop already awards 5 mil... I thought it was merely displaying 5 mil again. I’ve never pulled the glass to test and see if score does in fact reflect that...

#35 5 years ago

There’s no other Possiblity pics on Hurricane. Cow racing on Black Rose. Cow pole racing on Hot Shot Basketball. Secret mania on Who Dunnit. UWEB on Earthshaker followed by a game reset. Secret pics on Fishtales.

#36 5 years ago

Not really a mode but the Morse code thing on Houdini is pretty cool too.

#37 5 years ago
    Quoted from zh2oson:

It's buggy. If you activate it during a tournament game a bunch of stuff doesn't work right anymore and you'll probably be DQed and have to restart the game. Tilt has details on the bug.

#38 5 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

It's buggy. If you activate it during a tournament game a bunch of stuff doesn't work right anymore and you'll probably be DQed and have to restart the game. Tilt has details on the bug.

You definitely don’t want to do it on Getaway. It will reset your lock progress on the stop light. Only effects the player that does it, other players are fine. Another game is Who Dunnit, it will lock you out of elevator floors till it’s over. Secret mania is fine on STTNG and Junkayard. Can’t remember if it’s ok on Roadshow.

#39 5 years ago

Does Barnyard Multiball count in MM?

#40 5 years ago
    Quoted from Da_Topper:

Only effects the player that does it, other players are fine.

That information contradicts information from someone who has done it in a PAPA tournament: http://tiltforums.com/t/hs2-secret-mania-multiball-bug/3375/30?u=yeoldpinplayer
    "It caused the lock ramp to be permanently stuck up for the rest of the game – for all four players."

#41 5 years ago

Another "not mode", but on Jack*bot:

During the attract mode, press the extra ball button when flashing and "In Memory of Jim Joos Jr. " is on the screen... nice little story scrolls down the DMD.

#42 5 years ago

Save the calves in MM, hard to get to but great easter egg

#43 5 years ago
    Quoted from Da_Topper:

Cow racing on Black Rose

How do you get that?

#44 5 years ago

IJ has some really cool easter eggs.

#45 5 years ago

Midnight Madness on Dirty Harry is awesome!

#46 5 years ago

I can’t tell you it’s a secret

#48 5 years ago

Three secret (well not that secret) animations on Judge Dredd. Feels so good to hit all three of them in one game.

#49 5 years ago
    Quoted from rossi49:

IJ has some really cool easter eggs.

Is there more than just Michigan J Frog?

#50 5 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

That information contradicts information from someone who has done it in a PAPA tournament: http://tiltforums.com/t/hs2-secret-mania-multiball-bug/3375/30?u=yeoldpinplayer
    "It caused the lock ramp to be permanently stuck up for the rest of the game – for all four players."

I don’t think that Getaway had L-5 software. I tested mine with different scenarios, like draining during secret mania, tilting during sm, and playing all the way thru sm and everything was fine. The player that does secret mania, will have to complete a set of green targets to light the 3rd lock. Even if that player had already had the third lock qualified before secret mania, they will still have to requalify the red light by shooting a set of green targets or ramps.

Quoted from Axl:

How do you get that?

Cow racing in Black Rose is achieved by spelling COW with the Flipper buttons and fire button on the lockdown bar while the ball is in the shooter lane. I don’t know the exact combination, but Brian Eddy did it when I played league with him and other William’s guys in the 90’s. Each person takes a Flipper button and presses it quickly to get the cows to scroll from the left to the right where the finish line is.

There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what%E2%80%99s-your-favorite-%E2%80%98secret%E2%80%99-mode and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.