By CarrieZ

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1 post
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

10 med Mole guts (resized).jpg
    12 med Moles front off (resized).jpg
    11 med Moles Serial no (resized).jpg
    9 med Moles back (resized).jpg
    8 res Moles right side (resized).jpg
    7  res Moles left side (resized).jpg
    6 med Moles coin door (resized).jpg
    5 med Bezel side (resized).jpg
    4 med Moles bezel (resized).jpg
    3 med Moles top off (resized).jpg
    2 med Moles top (resized).jpg
    1 med Moles front on (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 3 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Other items - for sale

Whac-a-Mole SE

Added: 2020-08-19 22:00:00 UTC • Re-listed: 2 times (March 20th, 2021) • Ended: January 20th, 2022

Price

$ 1,500 (OBO)

Open for offers

Working original Bob’s Space Racer’s Whac-a-Mole for sale. Music plays. Moles pop up. You bash them in the head and get taunted to “do it even faster, next time.” In other words, not only is it perfect family/party fun, but it can be therapeutic on a bad day.

This is the first edition of the Special Edition (SE) model, circa 2008. The SE was the first model not to use compressed air, which makes it lighter and more reliable than the older games. This is the commercial arcade version of the game, which unlike the home edition, accepts coins, dispenses redemption tickets, and has 3 LED displays (high score, your score, and bonus tickets) instead of 1.

I bought this game from an operator 3-4 years ago and it had been on route. It was non-working and a real labor of love to bring back to life. In addition to cleaning a mind-boggling amount of stickiness and candy wrappers out of the game, I did the following work:
    -Replaced 3 out of the 5 “mole” solenoids
    -Replaced all 5 sensors
    -Installed a new power supply
    -Had both game boards refurbished by Bob’s Space Racers in July 2018

All replacement parts were new from Bob’s Space Racer’s and represent well over $1000 in parts and services. The game would benefit from one additional new solenoid as one of the moles can get a bit “tired” after the game has been played continuously for a couple of hours, which will result in him popping up partially or more slowly after extensive play. The side art has the standard wear and some scuffs, but is in overall good condition. The marquee has imperfections which I tried to capture in the photos. The mole heads show the normal signs of being bashed in the head in an arcade for several years, although I did replace two of the more worn moles heads with newer used moles heads. The back door is missing.

I took this short video to show the game working:

I'm willing to ship if buyer makes arrangements, however, I cannot pallet the game.

Item photos

1 med Moles front on (resized).jpg
    10 med Mole guts (resized).jpg
    11 med Moles Serial no (resized).jpg
    12 med Moles front off (resized).jpg
    2 med Moles top (resized).jpg
    3 med Moles top off (resized).jpg
    4 med Moles bezel (resized).jpg
    5 med Bezel side (resized).jpg
    6 med Moles coin door (resized).jpg
    7  res Moles left side (resized).jpg
    8 res Moles right side (resized).jpg
    9 med Moles back (resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are CarrieZ's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

N/A

Go to CarrieZ's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Montara, CA, US

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whac-a-mole-se and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.