• 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by yaksplat
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jam_burglar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from mnpin:

Ball save on the home rom... I don't think that was on the original. Might be wrong.

It wasn't. I turn off the ball save on mine though. It always felt like cheating after playing the commercial roms for so long.

1 month later
#29 8 years ago

The "hazard value" is the number of points you get for hitting a shot with the flashing orange "hazard" triangles. If you want to raise the hazard value you have to collect "river letters" You can do that by either hitting the bank of blue targets on the left side of the playfied OR by having the "spot river letter" light lit when the ball rolls over the inlane switches (use the flippers to cycle the lights through the in and out lanes). Every time you spell "river" you go up a "river class". River class 1 is 500,000 for each hazard you pick up. River class 2 is 1,000,000 for each hazard, River class 3 is 1,500,000 and so on. You can go up to River Class 6.

Reaching river class 6 is one of the things you need to do to get the "Vacation Jackpot".

The river class resets after each ball making it really hard to reach river class 6. If you hit the "Disaster Drop" ramp 6 times, the game is supposed to "hold bonus" which saves your River Class for the next ball, but that function does not work on L-4. This is why people ususally say its a good idea to upgrade to LH-6.

You get the Camera and Cow by activating the Big Foot Hotfoot. Once that's activated shoot "Bigfoots Bluff". That will spot you the "map" then the "key" (these also help activate the Gold Rush Multiball) but after those the next award is the "Camera" and then the "Cow".

"Spirit of the River" a/k/a "Mystery Canyon" is one of the awards you get for hitting the Whirlpool when the red light above it is activated (the other awards are Ride the Whirlpool, Man Overboard, Lite Extra Ball, etc). If you complete the Bigfoot Hotfoot and get the "Cow" prior to getting awarded the "Spirit of the River" then you'll get the "Secret of the Cow" animation.

Wow, this sounds really freaking complicated as I type this. Pinball! Haha.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
2 weeks later
#42 8 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

That's correct.
Concerning The river class 6 and the LH-6 rom to hold bonus for The following ball after hitting The disaster drop ramp 6 times, it does not work on my machine. It's ok for The extra ball only as with L-4 rom. Some one can confirm?
Thanks

The Extra Ball award does not always occur at the same number of Disaster Drop ramp completions ("Drops"), rather it will change. For example, sometimes the Extra Ball is awarded at sometimes at 3 Drops, sometimes at 4 Drops, sometimes at 5, sometimes at 6, etc. The Drop at which the Extra Ball is awarded will change (I think) every 50 games.

So, what is probably happening (assuming you have the LH-6 ROM) is that your Extra Ball award is cycled onto the 6th Drop and that overrides the "Hold Bonus" award that you would normally get for the 6th Drop. Once the Extra Ball award cycles off of 6 Drops you should be able to get "hold bonus". In other words, whatever number of Drop the Extra Ball lands on will override the normal award for that number of Drops.

#45 8 years ago

i don't understand the relation between extra ball and the bonus hold or if there is a link.
i was playing a ball, i had the river class 6 by award. i saw on the DMD "hold bonus" when i hit the disaster ramp for the 6th time. Fine. i loose the ball. so i had bonus X6. i have had an extra ball award during this ball. so i played it. when i loose this ball, also had bonus X6. But when i started to play the next ball, bonus came down to 1. should i have bonus 6 hold? does the EB make me loose the bonus hold for the next ball? if i have the bonus hold since the first ball, should i have it for the ball 2 and 3, whatever i get EB award?
thanks

The ONLY relationship between extra ball and hold bonus is in the Disaster Drop awards. If the (Lite) Extra Ball award for Drops lands on the 6th drop then it will overide Hold Bonus and you won't be able to get that Drop award. It doesn't matter if you actually acheive the Extra Ball or not. If you get the Hold Bonus your river class and letters will carry over to the next ball, regardless of whether the next ball is and "Extra Ball", "Ball 2" or Ball 3". The Bonus only carries over for a maximum of one ball (regardless of if its an Extra Ball or not) so on the next ball the River Class will reset to River Class 1.

Also, unless you have the LH-6 ROM set you will never get the Hold Bonus even though the sixth Drop Award says "Hold Bonus". The game acts like you get the Hold Bonus but once the next ball comes up your River Class will reset to 1. Your River Letters will always carry over from ball to ball.

#48 8 years ago

the confusion comes that i'm pretty sure that i had this bonus hold on the current ball and the EB with the L-4 rom. but maybe i'm wrong.

I'd double check on that if I were you and see if you can ever get a bonus to hold. The game will tell you that you'll get the hold bonus award when you hit Disaster Drop but when it actually comes time to hold the bonus and the next ball starts then your River Class will reset. I had the L-2 ROM and the L-5 ROM and Hold Bonus never worked. My understanding is that it only works on LH-6.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jam_burglar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wh2o-the-secret-of-the-cow?tu=jam_burglar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.