• 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by yaksplat
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider colonel_caverne.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 8 years ago

Hi,
I'm new too on a WW, and i wonder what is hazard value and how to raise it?

Concernant gold rush, there is only 3 items on mine. Some of you talk about the camera and the cow.
I only saw the camera yesterday but i can't remerber how i got it, 3 bigfoot's cave? And then the cow?

What is the Spirit of the river?

I was advised to upgrade my L-4, i suppose i need to do quickly if i want to play fully this game.

Thanks

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

The "hazard value" is the number of points you get for hitting a shot with the flashing orange "hazard" triangles. If you want to raise the hazard value you have to collect "river letters" You can do that by either hitting the bank of blue targets on the left side of the playfied OR by having the "spot river letter" light lit when the ball rolls over the inlane switches (use the flippers to cycle the lights through the in and out lanes). Every time you spell "river" you go up a "river class". River class 1 is 500,000 for each hazard you pick up. River class 2 is 1,000,000 for each hazard, River class 3 is 1,500,000 and so on. You can go up to River Class 6.
Reaching river class 6 is one of the things you need to do to get the "Vacation Jackpot".
The river class resets after each ball making it really hard to reach river class 6. If you hit the "Disaster Drop" ramp 6 times, the game is supposed to "hold bonus" which saves your River Class for the next ball, but that function does not work on L-4. This is why people ususally say its a good idea to upgrade to LH-6.
You get the Camera and Cow by activating the Big Foot Hotfoot. Once that's activated shoot "Bigfoots Bluff". That will spot you the "map" then the "key" (these also help activate the Gold Rush Multiball) but after those the next award is the "Camera" and then the "Cow".
"Spirit of the River" a/k/a "Mystery Canyon" is one of the awards you get for hitting the Whirlpool when the red light above it is activated (the other awards are Ride the Whirlpool, Man Overboard, Lite Extra Ball, etc). If you complete the Bigfoot Hotfoot and get the "Cow" prior to getting awarded the "Spirit of the River" then you'll get the "Secret of the Cow" animation.
Wow, this sounds really freaking complicated as I type this. Pinball! Haha.

Thanks buddy, i will try and let you know!
First of all, upgrading my rom!

1 week later
#33 8 years ago

Hi,
Is There a way to add seconds to "playfield X5"?
Other day i get wet Willy light. Don't really know How i got It ( suppose i had the 6 modes of boulders and...?) and how i activate it.
Thanks

#35 8 years ago

What is shooting all the lit hazards? Is there a link with hazard value and class river?

#37 8 years ago

So when wet Willy is lit, i need again to hit all yellow arrows to get it, correct?
Thanks

#39 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I think so...it will say "Welcome to Wet Willy's" and each shot is worth more points and has different animations.

That's correct.

Concerning The river class 6 and the LH-6 rom to hold bonus for The following ball after hitting The disaster drop ramp 6 times, it does not work on my machine. It's ok for The extra ball only as with L-4 rom. Some one can confirm?
Thanks

#43 8 years ago

i don't understand the relation between extra ball and the bonus hold or if there is a link.

i was playing a ball, i had the river class 6 by award. i saw on the DMD "hold bonus" when i hit the disaster ramp for the 6th time. Fine. i loose the ball. so i had bonus X6. i have had an extra ball award during this ball. so i played it. when i loose this ball, also had bonus X6. But when i started to play the next ball, bonus came down to 1. should i have bonus 6 hold? does the EB make me loose the bonus hold for the next ball? if i have the bonus hold since the first ball, should i have it for the ball 2 and 3, whatever i get EB award?
thanks

#46 8 years ago

the confusion comes that i'm pretty sure that i had this bonus hold on the current ball and the EB with the L-4 rom. but maybe i'm wrong.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

12,610 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mapleton, UT
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

7,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.95
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider colonel_caverne.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wh2o-the-secret-of-the-cow?tu=colonel_caverne and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.