Topic Stats

• 57 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Crashdance22
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

images-2.jpeg
after_lit.jpg
ww2012.jpg
Goteam.jpeg

There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 8 years ago

With no experience on this machine, I thought I would quiz my buddies here and find out what the deal is. Why is it greAt? I see a reasonably priced one on pinside market...

#2 8 years ago

I guess it's all about taste. for some reason I just cannot play more than 2 games on this machine. The art is beautiful, and it's a beautiful looking pinball machine. I think this machine is overrated.
But you are gonna have your own opinion after you play it. You either love it or hated. (well not really hate hehehe, All pins are beautiful looking)

#3 8 years ago

I'll let you know after i play one next week wednesday. I played it a handful of times back in college when it first came out and all I remember is the big ramp on the left is fun to hit. That's all i remember.

That wasn't very helpful, was it? Sorry.

Is your spidey sense no longer tingling?

#4 8 years ago

It is a very fun pin. Great flow. Great ramps. Cool ball lock. Nice upper playfield.it is just fun every time I play it. For the money you can't beat it. It is better then most a titles. The Music is the only thing I can think of that is just ok.

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

The Music is the only thing I can think of that is just ok.

Now that you mention it, i remember really liking the sound effects incorporated from other games, especially the Cyclone whistle thingy.

#6 8 years ago

I like the playfield and shots. The music / sound package absolutely ruin it for me. Such a shame.

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

Is your spidey sense no longer tingling?

jarjar is going to look at a SM for me some time this weekend in Madison. You should hook up with him??

#8 8 years ago

The only thing I don't like about it, it the bigfoot head. I HATE heads in pinballs! Funhouse and Roadshow are the worst for me. Really freaks me the f**k out.

But...the game play isn't bad in WH20. If I could just get over the whole head-thing.

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from thebrave:

If I could just get over the whole head-thing.

Ummm. the brave???? the whole head thing??? your profile pic????

????????????????????????

LOL

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from thebrave:

The only thing I don't like about it, it the bigfoot head. I HATE heads in pinballs! Funhouse and roadshow are the worst for me. Really freaks me the f**k out.
But...the game play isn't bad in WH20. If I could just get over the whole head-thing.

so, you're not a RBION fan then, huh?

#11 8 years ago

For me it is just a blast to play, can humble you quickly but it gives the love to. Great fun for casual players and quite challenging for the advanced player as well. I think the sound art package is well put together and is fitting, the music get more intense as you progress through the game, the vacation jackpot it worth the time it will take you to actually get it. Love me the WhiteWater!!

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

It is a very fun pin. Great flow. Great ramps. Cool ball lock. Nice upper playfield.it is just fun every time I play it. For the money you can't beat it. It is better then most a titles. The Music is the only thing I can think of that is just ok

Bang on.
In addition the vacation jackpot is extremely hard to get which keeps me coming back for more.
Lots of satisfying shots as well, some very difficult ie Lost Mine.

#13 8 years ago

I agree with Tatman. I love mine. I love the art and playfield design. The playfield design with it's interweaving ramps in the upper playfield is a mechanical design work of art.

I also really like the gameplay. The idea of shooting ramps, loops, and shots (which are presented as river hazzards with cool names) to advance down a river to your goal at Wet Willies is cool. I love that the machine changes the shots you need to hit from game to game. This makes the games seem fresh to me. There are also some fun modes like Whirlpool multiball, and the Bigfoot multiball.

The Vacation Jackpot is the hardest wizard mode to get to out of any of my W/B machines, which includes some well regarded pins like TZ, IJ, MM, and AFM. I reset all my pins high scores 2-3 months ago and I've beat every one except for WH2O. It's a challenging pin.

I guess the only drawback is the quality of sounds, in voicecalls and music, but I don't find it that bad. The music is designed to start out simple and amp up in complexity the closer you get the Wet Willies. By the time you get to Willies it's rocking pretty good.

Note that in order to get the most out of the pin, the Lost Mine kick out should pop the ball to the right flipper which will allow the ball to bounce to the left, where it can be cradled or shot. This can be done by putting a lower power coil in the kickout, or limiting the stroke of the up kicker (my solution). If you do this, you can have awesome Whirlpool multiball and other multiball sessions, that rivals or exceeds the multiball fun that I've gotten from any other pin. From the factory, the Lost Mine kickout blasts the ball to the right flipper, which sends the ball flying uncontrolled all over the place, sometimes including the left side drain. That's no fun for me.

#14 8 years ago

One of my 3-4 favorite pins. The game just looks cool, has possibly the coolest ramp shot of any and the music is killer. Combine that with great flow, great rules and the Williams build and it adds up to an A level pin. I NEED one of these for my home.

#15 8 years ago

Who could not like: Shoot the Ball, Ya Weiner!"

#16 8 years ago

The only one on route near me is in pretty bad shape. Based on that particular machine, I've never been a huge fan of the game. I played tatman's the other day, however, and it was a whole different experience. It's a very fun game with a super unique layout.

#17 8 years ago

super hot pin right now. everyone seems to be on the hunt for one. Price is on the rise big time.

#18 8 years ago

Bang on.

Yes sir!
Goteam.jpeg

If it wasn't for that crappy CL debacle I would of had one by now!
It is a great pin, one of Nordman's best IMO.
Unfortunately as TZBen just said...
It is just getting more and more expensive- AND harder to find!

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from TZBen:

super hot pin right now. everyone seems to be on the hunt for one. Price is on the rise big time.

I have a feeling that WH20 will have the same amount of collector hype like MM in the near future.

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

your profile pic????

I was totally drunk in that photo. Near passing-out.

And no, I don't like Ripley's either. It kinda narrows down which pins I play, which is too bad, because I really like Simpsons Pinball Party, but with Homer all lookin' around with those huge eyes....*shiver*

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from TZBen:

Yep. When I first got into the hobby in early 2010, they were easy to find and cost WAY less. I'd say WH2O and AFM are the two machines that have shot up in value the most since I've been following prices.

#23 8 years ago

It has nice flow, it's a pretty deep game, looks good, and has some great features not found in many other pins. I really have a blast playing it. The only thing that has kept me away from pulling the trigger on one is the rising price and the upkeep that the pin seems to demand.

#24 8 years ago

Software, Flow, Ramps, Art and Theme.

The game is not perfect, but it has a lot going for it. Fun skillshot. I think the whirlpool stops the ball a little too long, it has two playfields and 3 flippers which is a sweet spot for a lot of pinball people I know.

LOTS of strategy. Has a token hard shot through the bumpers. Or you can try and hit disaster drop 3 times, or you can try to advance raft.

Stacking the 5x multiplier on the multiball, going for the vacation jackpot, making it to Wet Willies and then to Wet Willies level 2 all are very fun things to try and accomplish.

It's a non licensed theme that looks great. The game has the best topper in pinball IMO.

Great flow, great fun.

I know that the music gets knocked quite a bit on this one, but I don't have a problem with it. It is pre DCS.

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Software, Flow, Ramps, Art and Theme.

The game is not perfect, but it has a lot going for it. Fun skillshot. I think the whirlpool stops the ball a little too long, it has two playfields and 3 flippers which is a sweet spot for a lot of pinball people I know.

LOTS of strategy. Has a token hard shot through the bumpers. Or you can try and hit disaster drop 3 times, or you can try to advance raft.

Stacking the 5x multiplier on the multiball, going for the vacation jackpot, making it to Wet Willies and then to Wet Willies level 2 all are very fun things to try and accomplish.

It's a non licensed theme that looks great. The game has the best topper in pinball IMO.

Great flow, great fun.

I know that the music gets knocked quite a bit on this one, but I don't have a problem with it. It is pre DCS.

shsssssssssss......I'm trying to find one to buy

#26 8 years ago

Great flow, great ruleset, great art/animation package, and great variety. This is easily my favorite game of all time, just sucks that everyone realized that this one been ignored too long. To answer your question Gorilla, this game is TERRIBLE spread the word.

Wish that Wh20 was closer, (I'm assuming that columbia means the DC area and not British Columbia, Canada or even the country)

#27 8 years ago

For me this game is great because of the unique but simple strategy, is keeps me coming back for more... the 'not as in ya face as Scared Stiff' sexual humour (getting to Wet Willies etc) is funny too, and of course Big Foot himself with his spinning head... throw in a few Cows and a whirlpool and you have a winner!!

The 5x playfield thing in the boulder garden really adds a lot to the strategy of this game... so simple but so deep at the same time!!

#28 8 years ago

Worst game I have ever played, totally, totally awful.

Anyone got one for sale?

#29 8 years ago

I was offered 3800 for mine and I didn't sell. Not even sure what dollar figure I could be talked into parting with it....It was also my first machine and fell into it very luckily....

It is simply a beautiful pin, looks awesome with LED's and hard as hell. I've reached LITZ many times over on my TZ but still to this day have never gotten to the Wizard mode on WH2O. (That damn Level 6 river!!!)

Oh yeah! Best Topper ever! The water feature rocks!!!

#30 8 years ago

Ramps, Mini Playfield, Ball Locks, Good Rules, Great Music, Big Foot what more do you want. The topper is one of the coolest toppers that I have ever seen. The lights strobe and give it the waterfall effect with the foil on the topper mimicing flowing water. It's just cool to look at.

Only problem is mountains pops usually break but there are repros. Also if you replace all ramps with repos costs about $600.

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Also if you replace all ramps with repos costs about $600.

For F*** sakes that is a lot of cash just for ramps!!!

#32 8 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

For F*** sakes that is a lot of cash just for ramps!!!

It's a lot of ramp footage. The ramps on this game are pretty insane.

I have had one for a few months, and I'm doing a full restore on it. Playfield, cabinet decals, ramps, plastics...the whole works. Whitewater can be a great game if it's a clean one that works well, or it can be a clunky turd if it's beat up and dirty. It's really one of those games that has to be well maintained to be great.

#33 8 years ago

Great flow, nice ruleset. Hotfoot Bigfoot is always fun to stumble on and the gold rush is a nice multiball surprise. WH2O should be on the A list if it hasn't found itself there already.

I did a full restore on one and it is a beauty of a pin when given the treatment. I've been offered some serious coin for mine but it's not going anywhere.

Some pics if interested..
http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/album976?page=2

#34 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Great flow, nice ruleset. Hotfoot Bigfoot is always fun to stumble on and the gold rush is a nice multiball surprise. WH2O should be on the A list if it hasn't found itself there already.

I did a full restore on one and it is a beauty of a pin when given the treatment. I've been offered some serious coin for mine but it's not going anywhere.

Some pics if interested..
http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/album976?page=2

DUDE!
I hope mine looks that good when I'm done but you set the bar pretty high.
Great job.

#35 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I did a full restore on one and it is a beauty of a pin when given the treatment.

That is some beautiful work there Taylor!
Truly a great effort for a fantastic pin. The diamond plate shine is sooo sweet!
Would you ever go with the aftermarket boulder lighting to give it a little more oomph?
ww2012.jpg

Or... A possible trade for a TRON-LE???

#36 8 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

It is a very fun pin. Great flow. Great ramps. Cool ball lock. Nice upper playfield.it is just fun every time I play it. For the money you can't beat it. It is better then most a titles. The Music is the only thing I can think of that is just ok.

Interesting, I thought the music was one of the best things about this pin!

Loved mine. Good flow, but this is a challenging pin (in a good way).

#37 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

tatman9999 said:

Interesting, I thought the music was one of the best things about this pin!

Loved mine. Good flow, but this is a challenging pin (in a good way).

I like the music as well once you get it going, the "warm up" tunes kinda suck though. IMHO

#38 8 years ago

I love mine. A great collector machine as it's not easy and is not repetative.
I think it's the best wizard mode of any pin I have owned.

after_lit.jpg

#39 8 years ago

Wow, that is a great pic. Completely changes the look of the game. Almost looks like water flowing.

#40 8 years ago

a lot of time went into the led's.....I still tinker to this day. Led change this pin like no other. I also got the white mountains.

Quoted from mkgort:

Wow, that is a great pic. Completely changes the look of the game. Almost looks like water flowing.

#41 8 years ago

Awesome pic wes!
It looks like the PF is about to get enveloped in some frothy LED goodness! images-2.jpeg

#42 8 years ago

You got the good lost mountain too, not the wiener looking one either.
Looks great, unlike the other...

#43 8 years ago
Quoted from mkgort:

Completely changes the look of the game.

If I had a WH20, blue LEDs will be a MUST!!!

#44 8 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

mkgort said:

Completely changes the look of the game.

If I had a WH20, blue LEDs will be a MUST!!!

I like it without LED's personally, I like the red instead of blue as well.
But I guess I'm old school, although LED's look good to me; most of the time, just not on WH2O.

#45 8 years ago

Still my biggest regret is selling that pin. Never listen to the family, keep the pins you want to.

#46 8 years ago
Quoted from Waldo:

Oh yeah! Best Topper ever! The water feature rocks!!!

Ahh yes, the topper... a truey excellent piece of art!! This game has fine attention to detail... love the kickback too, essential to get it re-lit with the three targets in front of the whirlpool...

OK, here's something: You have two locked balls and the lock is ready for the third ball, 5x playfield is lit at the boulder garden and the whirlpool is ready (which you shoot on the upper playfield to collect the boulder garden feature... 5x playfield in this case). The ball's on your right flipper, your close to Wet Willies (i.e. jackpot values are high), you're on your 2nd ball and you've already found the key to the Gold Mine. What do you do?

Options:
1) Shoot to start multiball. (er, not really, you'll only get 1x, 2x (if you get the 2nd ball up Insanity falls) or 3x (3rd ball up) that big jackpot value... 5x playfield is sitting there remember!

2) Shoot the Spine Chiller (the other way to get the ball to the upper playfield without shooting the 'No Way Out' lock shot) and try and react quickly enough to get the ball with the upper flipper to the whirlpool. A good choice, but it's very tricky since the ball is going fast past that upper flipper and appears from behind the mountains... It can be done, but it's tricky.

3) Shoot the Lost Mine. This will start a 2 ball multiball, thus removing one of the locked balls. When you get down to one ball, you can then simply shoot No Way Out, and you won't start multiball. You'll get a ball in the plunger lane which you can land on the upper playfield and the the 5x playfield running easily and then start multiball with 5 of those lovely jackpots for each insanity falls shot you make within the 25s timer!

4) Release your finger from the flipper button and simply watch the ball drain. Your 3rd ball pops out and is't all on a plate... of course you're a ball down, but the points you get can make up for that...

So, what do you do...?

Oh, and don't forget the fun of Camera Craze, all started after some complete bas**rd sets fire to poor Bigfoots foot (and leg as the flames rush up his fur!), causing him to hop about madly and his head to spin round... you can then start Camera Craze with enough shots past Bigfoot... so that every Hazard shot you get for the rest of that ball takes a photograph of Bigfoot pulling some silly face... an excellent touch...

Oh, and the 'secret passage' is a nice feature too, especially if you a good way up the river and you manage to get it backwards from a flunked No Way Out shot so it rolls over the switch twice, thus advancing 2 difficult rafts with one shot!

Do you want more reasons to need this game??

#47 8 years ago
Quoted from schwarz:

I like it without LED's personally, I like the red instead of blue as well.
But I guess I'm old school, although LED's look good to me; most of the time, just not on WH2O.

A big plus 1 on that one... LEDs ruin this game, I've seen it, and it's painful... keep the original lights, this game is perfect as it is! And those white mountains... Mmmmm

#48 8 years ago

I went with all incandescents on mine. I tried some in the whirlpool pcb but went back to bulb condoms. My eyes can't track a ball in an LEDed game.

#49 8 years ago

good game

#50 8 years ago
Quoted from dirtrider:

Who could not like: Shoot the Ball, Ya Weiner!"

That quote sums it up for me, the game is fun. It's not a game I like but I can see totally see the attraction. Original theme, layout and theme with good rules and depth.

The reason I'm not keen is that I find myself shooting the same 3 or 4 shots over and over again and I don't like the music. I'm more of a Fishtales guy.

Ed

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Toppers
Full Tilt Pinball LEDs
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Whitewater pinball mods
There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside