Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Dantesmark
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

0841DB2B-16D9-426A-B9B6-600BDB98C158 (resized).jpeg
SFZ_5937 (resized).JPG

#1 1 year ago

Hi guys!
Can anyone snap a pic of which fuse controls the lower gi on whitewater and also which connector on the board controls those lowers?
My gi’s went out all together last night.

Thx guys

#2 1 year ago

Connector is J120 and J 121. I'm pretty sure there are a couple of lines that run to the lower playfield on a WH20. If all your GI went out, it's probably a problem at the plug where the GI power comes in. That's J115.

#3 1 year ago

Which fuse would be blown?

#4 1 year ago

Not necessarily a fuse. Could be a burnt connection.

SFZ_5937 (resized).JPG

#5 1 year ago

Understood but i first wanna change the fuse that the lower playfield uses, just to eliminate that option.
Any idea which fuse coorilates to it?
Thx!!

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Any idea which fuse coorilates to it?

See those five fuses in the picture ? Three on the left side and two to the right of them ?

One of them. Pull and check each one with a meter. Or to narrow down further check your manual.

LTG : )

#7 1 year ago

Dont have a meter let alone how to use it...srry kind of a newb.
Scoured the manual last night but again, im a frickin idiot and couldnt find which exact fuse it is.
‍♂️

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Dont have a meter

You have pins ? Get a cheap one.

Quoted from Dantesmark:

let alone how to use it..

Youtube has lots of short how to videos. No one knew how until they learned.

Quoted from Dantesmark:

couldnt find which exact fuse it is.

Only 5 on that corner. With a meter you could have pulled and checked all in the time it took to post.

How do your connectors on that corner of the board look ?

LTG : )

#10 1 year ago

Update...

Apparently one of my star post lights was touching a gi socket in my right slingshot.
I removed, added a new fuse, and boom im back in business!!

Thx so much guys, for helping troubleshoot! I really love this community and this hobby! Keep it up!!

0841DB2B-16D9-426A-B9B6-600BDB98C158 (resized).jpeg

#11 1 year ago
Quoted from zene10:

Not necessarily a fuse. Could be a burnt connection.

Had the same issue with my White Water with GI, burnt connector. Nice job OP for finding the issue

#12 1 year ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Update...
Apparently one of my star post lights was touching a gi socket in my right slingshot.
I removed, added a new fuse, and boom im back in business!!
Thx so much guys, for helping troubleshoot! I really love this community and this hobby! Keep it up!!

so you don't know how to fix a game, but you're willing to add electrical mods to the game. This just shows the problem with this hobby.

#13 1 year ago

Love the negativity Marvin!
Actually the game came with post lights when i bought it.

#14 1 year ago
Quoted from Marvin:

so you don't know how to fix a game, but you're willing to add electrical mods to the game. This just shows the problem with this hobby.

Most of us went in from the deep-end .... it’s admirable that OP clearly states he is fairly new.

Good job in finding the culprit, but like LTG says, go to your local hardware store and buy yourself a (cheap) multimeter, it’s always your startingpoint when encountering electrical difficulties. Make sure you buy one who can measure continuity (buzz-beep)

#15 1 year ago

Got A multimeter last night, as well as some fuses!
Now im certified to add electrical mods to my game!!
Lol

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside