WH2O Center Drain Immediately After Launch

By cincyITguy

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

All,

First time White Water player, so sorry if stupid question. I have looked and have not seen this answered. Anyway, when I launch the ball, it comes down the ramp, and rolls equidistant between the flippers. Sometimes I hit the right flipper, but 75% of the time, there is no hope of hitting the ball. I don't see how any adjustments can be made, but I must be missing something as I can't believe that this is normal behavior. I've also considered that maybe it is a timing issue, but I can't see that I'm just missing the ball every time. It looks to be dead center between the flippers.

Thanks,
Aaron

#2 9 years ago

The idea of the WH2O is to make the skill shot it by slightly getting it over the launch ramp to back roll to the upper right flipper to shoot for the insanity falls or whirlpool which ever is ready (lit). If it goes past you take your chances with SDTM but if its a slower roll down the ramp it tends to stay to the left flipper.

#3 9 years ago

Also check for the level leaning right to left.

Have fun..

#4 9 years ago

Ah, thanks. I was wondering if that was a skill shot. After about 7 in a row drained I found myself thinking 'wow, what a fun game I just traded for!

Thanks,
Aaron

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5 9 years ago

Its one of my Favs Ive owned 3 in the past 12 years.. Heads up..... use boulder garden to time up awards such as 5x fun with multiball, and advance raft for further down river to get to wet willies. You will see a huge increase in your avg points scored per game. I just sold mine and put towards the MMr. Missing it already but will surely feel better when getting the NIB!

Best wishes and Be Blessed,

Ray

#6 9 years ago

The game could have the incorrect shooter spring. I bought one that had a "red" shooter spring and the ball would drain just as you described. Odd thing was I mentioned it off hand to Steve at Pinball Resource when ordering shop out parts for it, and he told me what the problem was and sold me the correct spring. Sure enough, it fixed the problem.

Best regards,

Tom

#7 9 years ago

Thanks for all. The shooter rod seems to be sticking a bit, so could definitely be that. Funny as it is, this is the first pin I've owned with a shooter rod!

Thanks for the gameplay advice Norcal.

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from cincyITguy:

Funny as it is, this is the first pin I've owned with a shooter rod!

X-Men?

#9 9 years ago

Damn, she came and went so quickly that I forgot about her! Could not get into the game play.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs
Armor and blades

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wh2o-center-drain-immediately-after-launch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.