Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by PjM
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

I am having a few both VUK do not work well. The BF arch cannot kick up the ball. I changed springs, sleeve looks ok. Will a new sleeve and cleaning of the linkage and possible very light oil help? Or is there something better? I have the AE23-800 coil per call out in the manual. Also the lost mine...the dang thing drains perfectly! No chance at all to hit it with either flipper. Perfectly down the middle. Pitch set at 6.5 for the game. Very frustrated. Game is not playable with the above and I have a temper and afraid I will make it worse! What needs to be fixed, replaced or adjusted? Thanks

#2 4 years ago

Oil is a no-no on pinball coils, period. Just a heads up on that.
Do a complete rebuild kit on your VUK and it should take care of your problem.

Download manual here:
http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/2768/Williams_1993_White_Water_English_Manual.pdf

Should have the part numbers and VUK parts breakdown in it.

#3 4 years ago

On the VUK on the mini-playfield make sure the ball popper has all 4 notches still on it. If one is broken off, the ball will shoot up crooked, and not cleanly through the wireform.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8561

The lost mine you can do a couple of things. Try to bend the scoop so the ball comes out at a different angle or what I had better success with is changing the coil to a lower value with less power. It "should" pop out over to the right flipper. At least it's nice if it does it that way, lol.

Found that here. www.flippers.be/basics/101_adjust_pinball.html

Also great advice to just rebuild both mechanisms.

#4 4 years ago

Yes don't not use any oil. Do the rebuild it worked on mine.

#5 4 years ago

Thank you all of you. I will take your suggestions.

#6 4 years ago

This worked well. The arch was not "in the hole" off a tad. Corrected that. Bent the out hole in the lost mine and that worked greatly. All is well now. Watching the Butler vs. Notre Dame game but might go play a game during half time.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 12.95
$ 209.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside