Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

P1010458.JPG
P1010455.JPG
979592_10151952102278677_308841816_n.jpg
There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 10 years ago

Just to be sure.

The two white wires, are they both the same color stripe ?

The diode, are the wires soldered to the black end of diode and the silver band end goes to the top lug ?

Thank you.

LTG : )

#52 10 years ago

Yes, both wht/brn on the left target and wht/red on the right. Wires are soldered to the black end of diode and grey end of diode to top lug.

#53 10 years ago

I'm out of ideas. I'll try and think on it.

#54 10 years ago

Thanks for all your help, Lloyd. I'm pretty much out of gas myself working on this. I wish I had another board to try.

One other question. Is the game capable of correcting itself for the whirlpool exit error and diverting so as not to give that lost mine hit every time the ball goes thru the whirlpool? Because it's not doing that anymore.

#55 10 years ago
Quoted from cclay:

One other question. Is the game capable of correcting itself for the whirlpool exit error and diverting so as not to give that lost mine hit every time the ball goes thru the whirlpool? Because it's not doing that anymore.

Lost mine hit was something else.

One switch triggering another generally hints at a common switch matrix issue. Switch wired wrong, diode on backwards, or a short to switch wiring at a switch or elsewhere.

After a break and some rest, may as well look over your other switches in the game. something somewhere is being a real pain.

#56 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Lost mine hit was something else.
One switch triggering another generally hints at a common switch matrix issue. Switch wired wrong, diode on backwards, or a short to switch wiring at a switch or elsewhere.
After a break and some rest, may as well look over your other switches in the game. something somewhere is being a real pain.

Should he start with the switches on the same row and column as the optos are on?

#57 10 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

Should he start with the switches on the same row and column as the optos are on?

Doesn't matter, could be anywhere.

I even wonder if there could be a short internally or across fiberboard spacers on targets mucking things up.

#58 10 years ago

I have checked all switches on the same column/row. No issues that I can see. I would also have to think that if it were another switch causing the problem, I would see an error with that switch. I need to learn the theory of how these optos, opto board and main board work together. Pinwiki doesn't offer much info as far as optos go.

1 week later
#59 10 years ago

Fix this yet?
If not, I suggest unplugging the J212 on the bottom of the MPU board and plugging it back in. If it works, then you will need to repin this connector. You could plug it in at an angle to make better contact if it plugs in loosely compared to other 3 connectors at the bottom of the MPU.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.95
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jamestown, NC
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Boards
PinSound

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Sugarloaf, CO
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wh20-whirlpool-exit-opto-not-working/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.