You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
#1 8 years ago

I installed the Cliffy on my upper PF by Bigfoot, but now when the ball comes out it actually goes to the left before it makes its way to the right. I think I put everything back together correctly, but I'm not sure.

1) There are two holes in the PF to hold the left side of the wire form ramp. I think there should just be one, and I think the flasher attaches to that as well. There is a nylon washer that goes on there as well but I'm not sure between what.

2) I put the protector OVER the end of the spine chiller ramp flap and am wondering if maybe it should go under it, but if I do that it would pitch the protector even more to the left.

3) When installing the wirefirm ramp, I am assuming only one of the posts on the vertical part goes into the associated hole in the housing down by the lower PF.

I have taken a couple of pics and any help would be most appreciated. Thank you..

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#2 8 years ago

I have the same issue. There is a previous post regarding this. I'm not sure how to post the link. The ball has backspin coming out of the wireform and I believe people have had success by using 1 or 2 small rubbers on the bottom of the wireform. The rubbers cause the ball to spin "forward". Do a search and you should find it.

#3 8 years ago

The pics on my WH20 page show how the plate may need to be shimmed to sit flush with the end of the ramp. http://www.passionforpinball.com/wh20.htm

#4 8 years ago

Looks like this was covered in detail here.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wh2o-cliffy-vuk-protector-issue#post-32623

Sorry for the duplicate post!!

-Jeff

#5 8 years ago

I have since updated my setup to have a 1" rubber hold the smaller ones in place. I'll have to get the actual size (think it was 1") and take some pictures. If I have time this week, I will add a post to this thread.

#6 8 years ago

Well, I got all of that fixed - my ramp actually had a flap installed by HEP when Chris restored it so now that the Cliffy is under the flap things are much better. I used the small rubbers on the VUK exit and that helps as well. But now I must have a short somewhere because F110 keeps blowing. Seems like it is always something... Ugh.

#7 8 years ago

The wiring and sockets in the upper playfield are pretty tight. I had that happening because one of the sockets that is close to the Bigfoot mech was shorting from the high voltage of the Bigfoot mech. Check those sockets.

#8 8 years ago

I checked again tonight. I "think" one of the wings on the bigfoot flasher was touching the metal ramp and possibly shorting things. You couldn't be more correct when you say things are tight in there - sheesh....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Sugarloaf, CO
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Montpelier, VA
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jamestown, NC
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wh20-cliffy-upper-pf-vuk-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.