(Topic ID: 50200)

WH20 Cigar/Cigarette Holder Repair (Edited: Key Holder Repair)

By Sparky

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by PEN
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 14 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

WH206.jpg
WH205.jpg
WH204.jpg
WH203.jpg
WH202.jpg
WH201.jpg
DLAA1027.JPG
WH20cigar7.jpg
WH20cigar6.jpg
WH20cigar5.jpg
WH20cigar4.jpg
Wh20cigar3.jpg
WH20cigar2.jpg
WH20cigar1.jpg

#1 7 years ago

I started this restoration back in the fall, but it's been on hold since February. I should be able to complete this game within the next month (waiting for the mini pf to return from being cc'd).

I wanted to share an interesting part of the restoration: I have come to the conclusion that the metal cylinder in the pics was installed for a cigar/cigarette holder. Anyone else see this on their games?

The final pic was not intended to show the final results, so it's not focusing on that area, but there is now no sign of the gaping hole that once was

WH20cigar1.jpg WH20cigar2.jpg Wh20cigar3.jpg

#2 7 years ago

More pics

WH20cigar4.jpg WH20cigar5.jpg WH20cigar6.jpg

#4 7 years ago

That is a fleshlight hole, just missing the inner silky smooth tube

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

That is a fleshlight hole, just missing the inner silky smooth tube

LOL!!!

Very nice work though. Looks great!

#6 7 years ago

Nice work!! That is a very odd one, is that cylinder slotted on the bottom? It appears to be in the photo.

#7 7 years ago

not a cigar holder.. it was a tube to store the keys in.
Many big arcades had it in the past.
The keys specific to the game go into the tube, which could be locked itself (by a universal key which the operator / arcade manager kept).
That way with one master key they could open all games on location.

#8 7 years ago

If that's not a smoke holder, I don't know what it is. Really odd.
(tomdotcom - I wish I could un-see your idea )

Nice repair.

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from bjoechamp:

Nice work!! That is a very odd one, is that cylinder slotted on the bottom? It appears to be in the photo.

It's slotted on the top and bottom.

Quoted from aeneas:

The keys specific to the game go into the tube, which could be locked itself (by a universal key which the operator / arcade manager kept).

So, this particular cylinder is missing the flap/door with the universal key hole? I'm having a difficult time picturing how flap/door would fit on the front to secure the game's keys. Any pics of others with this flap/door?

#10 7 years ago

Never seen that one before

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from aeneas:

And then someone got smart and just got locks all keyed the same custom? lol

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I'm having a difficult time picturing how flap/door would fit on the front to secure the game's keys.

This makes sense. I have never seen one, but I'm picturing a plug shaped lock where the whole cylinder comes out of the pipe when the lock is opened.

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

This makes sense. I have never seen one, but I'm picturing a plug shaped lock where the whole cylinder comes out of the pipe when the lock is opened.

Probably what the slot(s) are for. I'm unsure if there is a slot on both top and bottom. Maybe just the one. I'll have to check it later. Wow! Mystery solved! Someone told me almost a year ago it was to hold cigars/cigarettes, and I've been telling people that ever since!

Thanks for the new info!

#15 7 years ago

Probably what the slot(s) are for.

If you look at an ACE key for a vending machine, the way they work is when you turn the key they retract a wedge type protrusion off the side of the lock barrel so that the t-handle pops out.

Probably what went in that slot.

DLAA1027.JPG

#16 7 years ago

Beautiful repair job !
LTG : )

Thanks! Here are a few more pics. The resto is a little further along than these pics (topper and boards are installed), but I'll probably post a new thread when it's all finished.

WH201.jpg WH202.jpg WH203.jpg

#17 7 years ago

three more

WH204.jpg WH205.jpg WH206.jpg

#18 7 years ago

DrooooooLLLL. Very clean!

#19 7 years ago

DAYUM Mark!

That came out NICE.

You should be very proud of that and the FH.

#20 7 years ago

Great job on this....looks fantastic!

#21 7 years ago

I've always wanted to get that pure black look on the inside...very nice!

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I started this restoration back in the fall, but it's been on hold since February. I should be able to complete this game within the next month (waiting for the mini pf to return from being cc'd).
I wanted to share an interesting part of the restoration: I have come to the conclusion that the metal cylinder in the pics was installed for a cigar/cigarette holder. Anyone else see this on their games?
The final pic was not intended to show the final results, so it's not focusing on that area, but there is now no sign of the gaping hole that once was

If you are going for a true original restoration, you should swap out that coin door for the correct 2 slot, 1 return model.

#23 7 years ago

wow. Very nice job!

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

If you are going for a true original restoration, you should swap out that coin door for the correct 2 slot, 1 return model.

Wouldn't original restoration be 3 slot, 1 return, since it was an import game? However, this is a restoration for a friend, and he didn't want that. The 2 slot/2 return is what Pinball Life stocks, so that's what he bought, and I think he's happy with that.

I don't think he wanted original restoration, anyway, because the interior cab paint isn't original, and neither are the LEDS or the few mods going on the pf. I think he just wanted it in much better shape than when he bought it.

#25 7 years ago

Great job Sparky! Hey, you're just up the road from me (Merced). In fact one of my employees lives in Ceres. Look me up if your ever in town, and we'll do some beer and pinball.

Mike.

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from papazit1963:

Great job Sparky! Hey, you're just up the road from me (Merced). In fact one of my employees lives in Ceres. Look me up if your ever in town, and we'll do some beer and pinball.
Mike.

Thanks! Nice to know of another "local!" I'll be sending you a PM as soon as I post this!

#27 7 years ago

I had a WCS with the same slot. I would like to see some pics of the full device as it was intended. Anyone?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside