New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 216450)

Weyland Yutani - Dedicated to Keeping 3 Alien Specimens Alive

By knockerlover

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 560 posts
  • 95 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by TomDK
  • Topic is favorited by 92 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 198 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

AD43E980-271F-40F7-9287-BD90D95EC580 (resized).jpeg
85240633-AC23-43DE-82E1-54FBCDBB10C0 (resized).jpeg
0D545371-D893-4B6D-9C57-FFCB8B62B6F7 (resized).jpeg
92D472E7-7D7C-46D4-BCD2-8C2542EF0A6A (resized).jpeg
85B3A1E3-721A-4D26-9143-B120C75F6A65 (resized).jpeg
8B023276-F804-44AA-9301-9D22238F4595 (resized).jpeg
O9HY42W4SZqCTpDCVWuYRA (resized).jpg
4qG+0t1UT%CDgWsWRYvRlA (resized).jpg
dCH8JYKNQ5e2hSHaiTNLOg (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Coil Switch (resized).jpg
EE140725-68EE-41EB-AAF2-681327035262 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20190227-060336_Facebook (resized).jpg
B4306F8A-79D1-4952-A687-BA55D40B507D (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #3 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by knockerlover (2 years ago)

Post #186 Links to 1.2 software release Posted by Ferret (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomdk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#257 2 years ago

I have a decoration playfield from an Alien and got a monitor and the support pcb.
Are there any cables out to connect the monitor with the support pcb ?
I am not "in electronics" to make the cable my own. Maybe someone has a solution where to buy which cable.

A pinout plan would also be great ... at least I will solder.

The plan is to illuminate the playfield with rrb-led´s and run scene of the pinball and/or movie on the monitor ... and that as a wall hanger.

Please let me know ....

Thanks
Tom

1 month later
#311 2 years ago

A maybe very dumb question:
Heighway is out of business. The crew is still activ with pinball. A group of investors bought Heighway Ltd. and is the legal owner of all parts, machines, documentations, etc
Is there a chance that, after selling all the stuff and machines, that all documentation and schematics become public ? Even if they will restart a production, what speaks amongst serving the Alien owners with such important informations ? The pin is pretty actual and technical parts are "up to date" .... so there must be all the files, contacts from suppliers, etc, pp

Maybe there is hope that we will get this schematics and code, for the owner it is not usable. It is great that after Heighway went off business a new code showed up !!

Am I wrong ?!

#316 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

If they still had parts, the smartest thing to do would be to sell all remaining stock to Marco/Pinball Life, etc. I would prefer not to pay PB for anything directly.

BHut than you have several people without a Alien buying this stuff for "bad times".
Copyright is okay , bur we own a Alien pinball ... so the copyright must also cover spareparts. We will not build new Aliens ... its a shame on the other side. there is a very nice machine with software done, etc, pp and there will be so far no production.

Yesterday I recieved my china spare pc and I installed a backup from Alien on it ... works ... the pc boots in the attract mode ! Now have to connect the spare monitor to this setup.

#319 2 years ago

Yes .. thats the source ! Very great support ! I bought the pc with SSD and RAM, shipping was within 3 days without any trouble with customs. It just went to my home.
Today I tried to connect the monitor, but I guess I need this 5 Volt soldered on the pcb. Looking to get it running.

#324 2 years ago

Remaining spare PC and monitor:
So far I got spare parts up and running.
All power came from a pc powersupply, for the PC I used 12 Volts which fits in the plug on the mainboard.
The monitor driver pcb is a little funny. It is jumpered to 3,3 Volts but I drive it with 5 Volts only on the pcb soldered as on the pictures earlier in this thread. No need for extra voltage ! If I also give it 3.3 Volts to the power-in the powersupply wents off.If I jumper to 5 Volts the screen beginns only flickering.

Oliest bad thing .. I have no panel to adjust the screen, so it is very lightning and no way to adjust. But it works !
IMG_0128 (resized).JPGIMG_0129 (resized).JPG

#325 2 years ago

double post

#337 2 years ago

For the collection:
Facehugger, little smaller than original but better than nothing ....

ebay.com link » Alien Covenant Movie Toys Alien Chestburster Alien Facehugger Action Figure

IMG_0184 (resized).JPGIMG_0185 (resized).JPG
4 weeks later
#402 2 years ago
Quoted from Knightman:

Question...
So, cointaker sent me a shaker-motor. The plug does not appear to match anything on the IO board....
Where the hell does it go??? I found a plug but it seemed inverted and...not correct.

Read this post

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/weyland-yutani-dedicated-to-keeping-3-alien-specimens-alive?tq=shaker&tu=

#404 2 years ago

Maybe I am wrong but a shaker is at least a motor. A motor used in pinball has 2 wires ....
The Alien is prepared for a shaker. There is a pcb with connectors or solderplate for this 2 wires ...

From an other post copied:
The shaker motor connector is a spike connector for spike and spike 2 systems, and plugs into the “shaker motor” PinOut on the power supply board in the bottom of the cabinet.

Pin 1 - red
Pin 2 - N/A
pin 3 - red (jumper or loop)
Pin 4 - black
Pin 5 - black (jumper or loop)

IF ... there is no preparation for a shaker you will need a pcb which converts the signal from the pinballmachine to 12 volts
power for the shaker. So this pcb needs 12 volts, 2 conectors signal from the pinball. This pcb are for sale from different distributors.

You dont have a neighbor or friend who will connect this 2 cables for you ?!
Or is the shaker completely out of range ?

#408 2 years ago

One is HPE , one is PE

2 weeks later
#427 2 years ago

If you are quick .... yes !
In Australia also available.

#437 2 years ago

I am sure that this mechanics are factory build.
In Australa you can contact member Ballypinball, he offered in a psot also a full mechanic for sale.

I am still on the plastics, please see the other threads about Alien for first pics and impressions. BUT the plastics in Vivac is a forums project. A friend of mine has the possibility to make them on his work when printer and laser are not busy. But therefor we have to wait for timeslots to use this equipment.
So we are working on it.

2 months later
#495 1 year ago

As stated in an other post ... I made a set of PET plastics for my personal use and also supported one other owner with 2 plastics he broke.
Fact is, the right holders also made PET plastics and offered them (for a fair pricing) therefor I will not offer any plastic sets.
As I understand ... you need a full set of PET plastics, you can get them ..... legal.

1 month later
#503 1 year ago

I bought a very late LE and it was told in the beginning that the LE come also with the translite (as a sparepart // extra !!) ... but I have only the monitor. Its okay ...

5 months later
#551 1 year ago

Need the graphic , than I might make some.

#553 1 year ago

We can try !

3 weeks later
6 months later
#559 9 months ago

The Xenomorph covers (upper and lower) are the same. I swapped them. But the "insight" is different but new Xenos V2 are available in shops.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mt Vernon, WA
Machine - For Sale
Chichester, WEST SUSSEX
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Back Alley Creations
$ 499.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 750.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Back Alley Creations
$ 269.99
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 5.00
Electronics
Docent Electronics

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomdk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside