• 560 posts
  • 95 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by TomDK
  • Topic is favorited by 92 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 198 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

AD43E980-271F-40F7-9287-BD90D95EC580 (resized).jpeg
85240633-AC23-43DE-82E1-54FBCDBB10C0 (resized).jpeg
0D545371-D893-4B6D-9C57-FFCB8B62B6F7 (resized).jpeg
92D472E7-7D7C-46D4-BCD2-8C2542EF0A6A (resized).jpeg
85B3A1E3-721A-4D26-9143-B120C75F6A65 (resized).jpeg
8B023276-F804-44AA-9301-9D22238F4595 (resized).jpeg
O9HY42W4SZqCTpDCVWuYRA (resized).jpg
4qG+0t1UT%CDgWsWRYvRlA (resized).jpg
dCH8JYKNQ5e2hSHaiTNLOg (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Coil Switch (resized).jpg
EE140725-68EE-41EB-AAF2-681327035262 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20190227-060336_Facebook (resized).jpg
B4306F8A-79D1-4952-A687-BA55D40B507D (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #3 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by knockerlover (2 years ago)

Post #186 Links to 1.2 software release Posted by Ferret (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts matching search word(s) "shaker".
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#205 2 years ago

Question for you guys: what shaker motor is compatible with Alien? I Thought it might be from Cointaker, but I’m going on 11 days with no answer from them via multiple inquiries - so I have no idea.

#210 2 years ago

Mine also has a Coin Taker shaker in it.

#212 2 years ago

Are you sure you want to put a shaker in the game? As sensitive as these boards seem to be, I think putting a shaker in an Alien at this point is asking for trouble. But then again, if you enjoy trouble shooting broken machines, a shaker may give you hours of enjoyment!

#213 2 years ago
Quoted from swenny:

Are you sure you want to put a shaker in the game? As sensitive as these boards seem to be, I think putting a shaker in an Alien at this point is asking for trouble.

The Cointaker red tremor is recommended; that's what I have in my game. Some of the final games shipped have a blue "Quaker" motor. Both are supported.

1.2 software adds an adjustment to select which shaker you have, and sets the power to recommended values. But there are other adjustments that you can use to fine tune it even further, for example if you still find it too strong.

You should have no trouble installing a shaker if you want one. Alas 1.2 shipped without as many shaker calls as I would have liked.

#224 2 years ago

join_the_cirqus is correct.

The shaker motor connector is a spike connector for spike and spike 2 systems, and plugs into the “shaker motor” PinOut on the power supply board in the bottom of the cabinet.

Pin 1 - red
Pin 2 - N/A
pin 3 - red (jumper or loop)
Pin 4 - black
Pin 5 - black (jumper or loop)

3 months later
#399 2 years ago

Question...

So, cointaker sent me a shaker-motor. The plug does not appear to match anything on the IO board....

Where the hell does it go??? I found a plug but it seemed inverted and...not correct.

#402 2 years ago
Quoted from Knightman:

Question...
So, cointaker sent me a shaker-motor. The plug does not appear to match anything on the IO board....
Where the hell does it go??? I found a plug but it seemed inverted and...not correct.

Read this post

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/weyland-yutani-dedicated-to-keeping-3-alien-specimens-alive?tq=shaker&tu=

#403 2 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

join_the_cirqus is correct.
The shaker motor connector is a spike connector for spike and spike 2 systems, and plugs into the “shaker motor” PinOut on the power supply board in the bottom of the cabinet.
Pin 1 - red
Pin 2 - N/A
Pin 4 - black

Well, crap. The cointaker shaker I have is a red one...but the plug is a completely different shape from the one that is on the board.......

#404 2 years ago

Maybe I am wrong but a shaker is at least a motor. A motor used in pinball has 2 wires ....
The Alien is prepared for a shaker. There is a pcb with connectors or solderplate for this 2 wires ...

From an other post copied:

Pin 1 - red
Pin 2 - N/A
Pin 4 - black

IF ... there is no preparation for a shaker you will need a pcb which converts the signal from the pinballmachine to 12 volts
power for the shaker. So this pcb needs 12 volts, 2 conectors signal from the pinball. This pcb are for sale from different distributors.

You dont have a neighbor or friend who will connect this 2 cables for you ?!
Or is the shaker completely out of range ?

#414 2 years ago
Quoted from Knightman:

Found it, installed...
It activates in test, no problem. When in-game? When activated it shuts down the whole game and restarts....on version 1.2 also.
color-codes match, the plug works, etc.
No clue...seems like more trouble that it is worth.

This game is so fragile with the way its engineered that it makes it not worth the risk IMO. I've had plenty of problems with undersized connectors and socketed components under the playfield without a shaker that I would expect adding a shaker is just going to make it worse.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 349.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Back Alley Creations
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 750.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Back Alley Creations
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 50.00
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 208.87
£ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
ArcadeArts
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 339.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 32.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

You're currently viewing posts matching search word(s) "shaker".
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside