(Topic ID: 129474)

We've seen quite a bit of KISS video...including

By 27dnast

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lesmanley.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 8 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

A new video this morning with more code added.
What are your eyes telling you?
I think the game looks beautiful...has speed and flow (which is good to see) ...but it's looking a tad flat and one dimensional. Anyone else feeling that?

I love what Jared is doing with the Facebook posts and the videos. It's a gigantic leap forward from what they were previously doing...or more accurately not doing. That said, the videos that have been shown don't make me want to buy the game at all. It looks extremely flat to me. IMHO, the code revision v.54 video looks better than the most current v.90. Maybe it's the people playing it, the early code or probably a bit of both, but there is not much going on in those videos at all. The majority of footage is of single shots for 100,000ish points with a curtain/light show DMD animation and a cheering crowd sound effect and a couple of voice call outs.

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Can you see the videos without having a facebook account? I find facebook too invasive so I don't have an account but would like to check out the vids. Are they on youtube?

I would imagine he made them public so you don't need an account...

https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/videos/10153344105354244/

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from wontwa:

My main issue with the gameplay videos is that Im not sure what you're supposed to be doing in the overall scope of the game, and the animations/sounds/etc. seem more repetitive to me than most other games at this stage.

This is a good call out. Maybe some basic explanation of what you are trying to do would be good. It may be easier to read with an intended goal in mind.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 22.50
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.95
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lesmanley.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/weve-seen-quite-a-bit-of-kiss-videoincluding?tu=lesmanley and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.