Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by turbo2nr
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Westworld #1 (resized).jpg
    Westworld #2 (resized).jpg
    Westworld #3 (resized).jpg
    s-l225 (resized).jpg
    5F80FF00-A80E-4BF2-A185-4692D405D6D3 (resized).png
    #1 6 years ago

Westworld seems like a no-brainer modern western theme. Would you be interested?

9 months later
    #2 6 years ago

I'm actually planning on using westworld as the theme for my first attempt at a custom machine.

famous last words, I know, I know...

#4 6 years ago

I’m actually surprised there hasn’t been more talk about this as a potential theme. Very popular, awesome visuals, great storyline options...would be amazing.

#5 6 years ago

I love the show (and movie), just having a hard time visualizing the pin.

#6 6 years ago

Western TRON.

5F80FF00-A80E-4BF2-A185-4692D405D6D3 (resized).png5F80FF00-A80E-4BF2-A185-4692D405D6D3 (resized).png

#7 6 years ago

I think it could be a great idea after the show has a few more seasons. An exclusive western theme might not do the show justice

#8 6 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I think it could be a great idea after the show has a few more seasons. An exclusive western theme might not do the show justice

You mean, after they show the samurai world, and whatever other worlds there are? More season will just jack this game up into a mess I think.

#9 6 years ago

I'd be surprised how many people here actually know the movie with Yul Brenner...

John

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

I'd be surprised how many people here actually know the movie with Yul Brenner...
    John

I tried my damnedest to find that movie. Still havent found a copy. Got one you want to digitize??

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from Chitownpinball:

I tried my damnedest to find that movie. Still havent found a copy. Got one you want to digitize??

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00AATFJK2/ref=mp_s_a_1_2

#12 6 years ago

beat me by a few seconds^^^^^^

Walmart is once again your friend.

That being said, the original Westworld is still one of the all time greats, from a time when the best ever sci fi movies were made.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Westworld-Blu-ray/22339894

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from WyseGuy:

amazon.com link »

Well ya...to buy it...who buys movies any more? Whos got the torrent link?!

#14 6 years ago
    #15 6 years ago

I wondered... I guess... me? Single handedly keeping those Hollywood zealots flush with cash.

#16 6 years ago

I'm still OK with the older technology myself.

s-l225 (resized).jpgs-l225 (resized).jpg

#17 6 years ago

Just watched the movie again a few months back. Holds up pretty well I thought.

Also brought back memories of the spin off tv show "future world".

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0074559/

#18 6 years ago

You mean, after they show the samurai world, and whatever other worlds there are? More season will just jack this game up into a mess I think.

They also had Roman World, Medieval World and Future world, so if they consolidate, they could have West, Samurai, Roman, Medieval, and Future worlds. Lots of possibilities there.

#19 6 years ago

I watched he original movie on Amazon video prior to beginning the series. It was good.

Deep in the new show there is a Easter Egg/nod to the Brenner character.

#20 6 years ago
    Quoted from RonSS:

Just watched the movie again a few months back. Holds up pretty well I thought.
    Also brought back memories of the spin off tv show "future world".
    https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0074559/

Future World is painful to watch.....think you can youtube it.

Im wondering how a layout for the series would look too. Im bias, I would want it loaded with Ed Harris's character...

#21 6 years ago
    Quoted from Stones:

Future World is painful to watch.....think you can youtube it.
    Im wondering how a layout for the series would look too. Im bias, I would want it loaded with Ed Harris's character...

Futureworld was a mess as a movie, but it was one of the worlds.

#22 6 years ago

Doesnt the new series start pretty quick?

#23 6 years ago

April

#24 6 years ago

Who buys DVD or BLU-RAY . I do . Hard copy is always better than digital . I like to collect just like pinball /cars etcetera.
    Secondly . Blu-RAY has better selection of 3D Stereoscopic for my UHD 3DTV .
    HBO Westworld was a great 1st season despite average Meta Critic scores 73% . But IMDB is based on user/viewer reviews 89% .‘Westworld’ Finale Ratings Cap Most-Watched First Season of an HBO Series Ever. With LCD clips and theme it would be a great pinball theme very complex story /mode to code would be fun.
    What a cast : Anthony Hopkins , Evan Rachel Wood , Thandie Newton , Jeffrey Wright , James Marsden , Talulah Riley,Clifton Collins Jr.

Westworld #3 (resized).jpgWestworld #3 (resized).jpg

Westworld #2 (resized).jpgWestworld #2 (resized).jpg

Westworld #1 (resized).jpgWestworld #1 (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
    #25 6 years ago

Forgot about Spa World. The series is teasing 6 worlds on the website, which would dovetail with the "old" movies + Samurai world. These would be the worlds if that's the route they go:

West World
    Samurai World
    Roman World
    Medieval World
    Future World
    Spa World

2 weeks later
    #27 6 years ago

Westworld pinball would be pretty dope! I think that putting a bunch of the other parks would probably look too busy, but it would be cool to have two sections, like the actual Westworld park, and then the behind-the-scenes section (where the robots go to get repaired). I was looking for a cool 8 bit version of the Westworld theme that could go with it, but I found this acapella cover instead. (Not really for a game, but I thought it was pretty good anyway)

1 week later
    #28 6 years ago

So, I've got a playfield figured out. did some sketches on a pad, then laid it all out to scale on a large roll of paper I got from walmart. I think it will work out great. But, this is my first attempt at a full custom build. I'm not looking to do a conversion, I plan to build this up from scratch. I've got a buddy who said he'll help out with the software (that's not my forte), but I think I should be able to handle the rest of the construction/assembly. I built up a handful of custom MAME cabinets back in the day before I dove into fixing pinballs. It'll be a stretch for my skills, but I love a challenge

I'm not trying to do anything super out of this world as far as introducing new or original mechs, etc. I think it'll be better to save that for another machine, after I've cut my teeth on this first one.

I'll get a post started up over in the homebrew area once I've gotten a bit further down the road.

#29 6 years ago
    Quoted from skondris:

So, I've got a playfield figured out. did some sketches on a pad, then laid it all out to scale on a large roll of paper I got from walmart. I think it will work out great. But, this is my first attempt at a full custom build. I'm not looking to do a conversion, I plan to build this up from scratch. I've got a buddy who said he'll help out with the software (that's not my forte), but I think I should be able to handle the rest of the construction/assembly. I built up a handful of custom MAME cabinets back in the day before I dove into fixing pinballs. It'll be a stretch for my skills, but I love a challenge
    I'm not trying to do anything super out of this world as far as introducing new or original mechs, etc. I think it'll be better to save that for another machine, after I've cut my teeth on this first one.
    I'll get a post started up over in the homebrew area once I've gotten a bit further down the road.

It's not as sexy, but I'd start with a conversion. You can go crazy with ramps, scoops, whatever, but the conversion will have most of the geometry worked out already and that will save a bunch of time to get it shooting well.

4 years later
    #30 1 year ago

Is Borg doing a Westworld pin?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/westworld-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.