1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 166 posts
  • 51 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by yzfguy
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 33 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

15d1c1ee8624014c2269bda9f318af8bb70a9c3f.gif
    20190207_183517 (resized).jpg
    img_9243-edit (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    20181017_152217 (resized).jpg
    insta1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3639 (resized).JPG
    984rjnbhsg65210-ft (resized).PNG
    5a50cff18c40562757e119cad0470867 (resized).jpg
    20180414_134237 (resized).jpg
    BOOTS2 (resized).jpg
    three-guys-in-boots (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider avh7401.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 1 year ago

I received my first pair of western boots yesterday; they were a pair of Laredo 6691 Men's size 13EW. I had never owned a pair of any kind of boots before. Unfortunately, the boots did not fit me. I am sure that my feet will fit into a size Men's 13D. I am willing to trade my pair for pretty much anything in a size 13D. I will also possibly be willing to just resale the boots for cash. I am located in Raleigh, NC. I can meet up or ship the boots. If you are interested, then you can reply to this thread or send me a PM.

20180402_170414 (resized).jpg

20180402_170438 (resized).jpg

20180402_170450 (resized).jpg

20180402_170523 (resized).jpg

20180402_170513 (resized).jpg

20180402_170534 (resized).jpg

20180402_172638 (resized).jpg

#10 1 year ago
    Quoted from Manimal:

It goes without saying...those boots are well used. Did you buy them that way?

Yes, I bought them second-hand. I think that they look better in person than what you would expect

Quoted from Mister-Whiskers:

Wasnt April Fools Day on Sunday?

I don't think that I understand the context of your post, but yes I am being serious about selling these.

Quoted from boscokid:

Chinese made cowboy boots. John Wayne would down vote this thread

I will happily support any company or product that I am interested in that is domestic, but it is truly hard to find anything not made overseas.

Quoted from fosaisu:

Put these on Craigslist - bet you’ll get some amazing offers.

I already have put them up on craigslist. I have sold at least 3 separate items on craigslist before, as well. I even offered to trade with another craigslist seller who had boots in my size, but he was not willing to accept anything besides cash

manimal mister-whiskers boscokid fosaisu

#11 1 year ago

bump

#12 1 year ago

boot bump

#21 1 year ago

New day bump

#22 1 year ago
    Quoted from robin:

Sorry, but I have removed your marketplace ad for these boots.
    While I can appreciate the cowboy boot craftsmanship, I don't think this type of stuff belongs on Pinside. This is a Pinball site after all - I mean, before we know it people will be listing baby clothes, oak furniture and their old Dolly Parton cd collection.
    I hope you'll have more luck selling these via Ebay or Craisglist.
    Thanks for understanding!

My bad, Boss. I completely understand and I apologize for misusing my right to the market place. I should have known better...
    robin

#23 1 year ago

Everyone has turned this thread into joke, but I am still seriously trying to do something with these boots and hopefully get a pair that fits me. At this point, I may as well donate the pair to a local thrift store. I am just upset that I threw away money on these boots that don't fit my feet

#39 1 year ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

Well, only if AVH7401 is cool with it. I don't want to be that guy who swoops into another man's boot sale and ruins a deal.

Be my guest! I would be more than glad to see some productive action come out of this thread

#41 1 year ago
    Quoted from crlush:

Take them to a shoe repair shop and see if they can stretch them for you, i have a friend that wears 14s and his right foot is like a 14 1/2 he said that big of shoes sont come in half sizes so store he goes to has a tool that will stretch them.

I really appreciate you giving me real advice. The problem is the boots are too wide for my feet, not too narrow. The length of the boot is fine. The boots I purchased are size 13E (E means "wide") and I probably will fit into a size 13D (D means "medium"/regular). And also to my understanding, most shoe manufactures do not make half sizes for men after size 10. Boots have both a number and letter size. The number part refers to the length, while the letter part refers to the width of the boot.

#42 1 year ago

I am going to find myself a pair of used western boots that fit me. I will not post back on this thread until I have made my word. I will post a picture or two of my new boots and everyone will love them! I will show up everyone who ruined my honest attempt to exchange my boots!
    #greatestthreadonpinside

#68 1 year ago

I purchased another pair of used western boots last night. As I promised in my previous post, I will return to this thread with an update once the boots arrive and I get the chance to try them on.

I'll Be Back (resized).png

#69 1 year ago

Also before I leave, here is an unrelated photo of Arnold Schwarzenegger wearing a pair of custom-made western boots!

Arnold Schwarzenegger in Western Boots (resized).png

1 week later
    #92 1 year ago

Guess who got a "new" pair of used western boots?!!!

20180414_134237 (resized).jpg

#93 1 year ago

How do you like them apples?

#94 1 year ago

#95 1 year ago

By the way, the pair of boots shown in the original post of this thread are still for sale if anyone is interested.

#98 1 year ago

cowboy bump

#99 1 year ago

New day bump

#109 1 year ago
    Quoted from MikeTangoIndia:

Those are much much better and look like decent boots but please for the love of god don’t wear your pants tucked in lololol. Pants over the boot looks waayyy better IMO. You may need some proper jeans that are meant to wear with western boots.

Thank you! The seller of this pair said that the boots were in "like new" condition, and they were! There is no damage or wear to them that I can see. The style/model I have can still be bought new at retail price and I bought mine for a fraction of the price that they are worth!
    (Also, about the boots over the jeans look, I wore them for the first time this morning to church and I wore the pants over the boots to look more formal. I however still believe that boots over the pants look better for a casual look look such as a t-shirt and jeans)
    miketangoindia

#110 1 year ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

My first/only pair were this brand in 1980:

Jokes aside, Dingo is a good manufacturer. mrbally

#111 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinmike:

Hehe!! How much do you want for the boots,This thread has to end i'm laughing my balls off

$35, but I may be willing to go lower if you are being serious.
    pinmike

#113 1 year ago

If you are really serious about buying the boots, please PM me and we can move on from there. pinmike

#130 1 year ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

SOLD!....In 3....2....1....

Quoted from Travish:

Only 2 weeks? He should have priced them higher.

I do not understand what either of you are saying; could you please explain? spfxted travish

#131 1 year ago

New day, new bump

#133 1 year ago
    Quoted from jmountjoy111:

I don’t need any boots but by chance does anyone on this thread know where I can get a reasonably priced baywatch.

Try craigslist, brother. jmountjoy111

#137 1 year ago

Pinmike and I exchanged a few PMs, but then I lost contact with them. The sale never progressed, unfortunately. mcluvin

#138 1 year ago

I unfortunately missed two potential craigslist buyers. The first buyer was lost because I failed to contact him back soon enough and the other buyer offered me too low of a price to sell for. The boots are still for sale, of course, if anyone is interested.

#139 1 year ago

Bump

1 week later
    #140 1 year ago

bump

#142 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Time to hang it up here. This is a pinball forum.

You are right, brother. I didn't realize that I was being obnoxious. Thank you for letting me know and I hope that everyone who participated in this thread has a nice weekend!
    tuna_delight

#148 1 year ago
    Quoted from Cserold:

Somebody needs to buy these boots then create an annual “post of the year” poll thread and winner gets the boots each year. I’ll pay for the shipping

Quoted from pinmike:

Sounds good!! AVH7401 how much for the boots pal?

Quoted from RustyLizard:

I have 2 life experiences with boots like these and luckily they were on the feet of friends and will never be on mine. What I propose is that we buy these as a community and pass them around collecting autographs of Pinside members. We could call them the Boots of Destiny. Certainly this is an original idea and I would chip in 5 bucks for a chance to sign them.

I think this idea already came up, but I guess it may have fell through rustylizard

#149 1 year ago

For anyone who can fit into size 13 EW boots or has a friend in need of some boots, here is the craigslist ad: raleigh.craigslist.org link

1 month later
    #150 11 months ago

Final Update:
    I apologize for bringing an old thread back up, but I just wanted to report that I finally sold the boots after three months. I sold them for less than the asking price, but something is better than nothing. I was planning on donating them to the local thrift store this weekend, anyways. I guess you could say that I "booted" them from my closet!

4 months later
    #156 7 months ago

Guess who got a *USED* vintage fringed suede jacket last week? All I need now is a belt buckle and a cowboy hat to complete my suburban cowboy look!

20181017_152217 (resized).jpg
    #162 7 months ago
    Quoted from BillySastard:

With those fringes I'd say you're going for the gay suburban cowboy look.
    Not that there's anything wrong with that.

I am trying to not take offense from your post, but I would like to say that it takes a lot of balls to wear a jacket like that as a high school student... billysastard

#163 7 months ago
    Quoted from TractorDoc:

Like I said, what do I know though. Wear what you like and be you. . . remember not to tuck you pants into your boots though!

Thank you, brother! tractordoc

3 months later
    #164 3 months ago

Does anyone else wear a cowboy hat?

20190207_183517 (resized).jpg
    Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    Apparel - Men
    Great American Pinball
    $ 11.95
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 25.00
    Apparel - Unisex
    The Flipper Room
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 16.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 68.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 1,200.00
    $ 16.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 26.95
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 5.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Siegecraft Electronics
    $ 7,700.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    The Flipper Room
    $ 79.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 35.95
    Playfield - Other
    MicksPinball
    $ 60.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Vandelay Industries
    $ 24.95
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 269.00
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider avh7401.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside