Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 167 posts
  • 51 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by AVH7401
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190611_173948 (resized).jpg
    15d1c1ee8624014c2269bda9f318af8bb70a9c3f.gif
    20190207_183517 (resized).jpg
    img_9243-edit (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    20181017_152217 (resized).jpg
    insta1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3639 (resized).JPG
    984rjnbhsg65210-ft (resized).PNG
    5a50cff18c40562757e119cad0470867 (resized).jpg
    20180414_134237 (resized).jpg
    BOOTS2 (resized).jpg
    There are 167 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
    #101 6 years ago

Hehe!! How much do you want for the boots,This thread has to end i'm laughing my balls off

#102 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinmike:

Hehe!! How much do you want for the boots,This thread has to end i'm laughing my balls off

Somebody needs to buy these boots then create an annual “post of the year” poll thread and winner gets the boots each year. I’ll pay for the shipping

#103 6 years ago
    Quoted from Cserold:

Somebody needs to buy these boots then create an annual “post of the year” poll thread and winner gets the boots each year. I’ll pay for the shipping

Sounds good!! AVH7401 how much for the boots pal?

#104 6 years ago

I really need the boots...Good Lord it's raining ice here,Craziest weather I have ever seen in my life

#105 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinmike:

I really need the boots...Good Lord it's raining ice here,Craziest weather I have ever seen in my life

Yes it is messed up weather here. Helped my son put the summer tires on his Camaro yesterday, lol.

#106 6 years ago
    Quoted from swillie:

Yes it is messed up weather here. Helped my son put the summer tires on his Camaro yesterday, lol.

Haha!! I guess you might have to change them back..Lol!! rain and ice in the middle of April..Unbelievable

#107 6 years ago

My first/only pair were this brand in 1980:

984rjnbhsg65210-ft (resized).PNG984rjnbhsg65210-ft (resized).PNG

#108 6 years ago

OJ Boots, Huh?

He would have been great for the Isotoner Gig.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#109 6 years ago
    Quoted from MikeTangoIndia:

Those are much much better and look like decent boots but please for the love of god don’t wear your pants tucked in lololol. Pants over the boot looks waayyy better IMO. You may need some proper jeans that are meant to wear with western boots.

Thank you! The seller of this pair said that the boots were in "like new" condition, and they were! There is no damage or wear to them that I can see. The style/model I have can still be bought new at retail price and I bought mine for a fraction of the price that they are worth!
    (Also, about the boots over the jeans look, I wore them for the first time this morning to church and I wore the pants over the boots to look more formal. I however still believe that boots over the pants look better for a casual look look such as a t-shirt and jeans)
    MikeTangoIndia

#110 6 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

My first/only pair were this brand in 1980:

Jokes aside, Dingo is a good manufacturer. MrBally

#111 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinmike:

$35, but I may be willing to go lower if you are being serious.
    pinmike

#112 6 years ago
    Quoted from AVH7401:

$35, but I may be willing to go lower if you are being serious.
    pinmike

I am serious

#113 6 years ago

If you are really serious about buying the boots, please PM me and we can move on from there. pinmike

#114 6 years ago

I am not a cowboy by any means but living in Kentucky I am quite familiar with cowboy boots. I do enjoy making fun of all the people who tuck their pants in the boot. It’s just a bad look. Just my personal opinion. Hopefully not too offensive but..... it is what it is

#115 6 years ago

Wearing jeans inside your boots is not a good idea.

Besides comments from those who know better you'll get all kinds of things dropped down in your boots. . . stones, cigarette ash, grass clippings, pet hair, crumbs from lunch -- you get the idea. Get yourself some nice boot cut jeans to go with them fine looking boots.

Add in a Western Yoked Shirt and a Ten Gallon Hat and you'll be ready to say Ye Haw!

#116 6 years ago
    Quoted from jmountjoy111:

I am not a cowboy by any means but living in Kentucky I am quite familiar with cowboy boots. I do enjoy making fun of all the people who tuck their pants in the boot. It’s just a bad look. Just my personal opinion. Hopefully not too offensive but..... it is what it is

Wait a minute. There's dudes that actually tuck their pants on the inside of their shitkickers? I thought only women did that. I've learned two things from this thread now. The other being that there's a market for used boots other than a garage sale.

#117 6 years ago

And Please, for the Love of God, do not do this.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Not sure if them are socks and sandals but yikes either way.

#118 6 years ago

Yup no offense OP but men typically don’t wear jeans tucked into the boots. Not a good look. It’s a look reserved for women or if you’re actively riding horseback in a rodeo lol. Get a nice pair of boot cut jeans and you’ll be looking sharp.

Edit: grammar and wording

#119 6 years ago

I see a lot of 1 pant leg tucked in 1 out on boots. When I was a kid my grandpa told me 1 in 1 out at an auction means your selling cows can’t remember left or right. Then the other way 1 in 1 out meant you were buying cows. Then I think both out you were buying and selling cows. Hell I can’t remember the combinations anymore. But to this day when I see someone with one tucked into a boot and one out I say they are ether buying or selling some cows.

#120 6 years ago
    Quoted from MikeTangoIndia:

p no offense OP but men typically don’t wear jeans over the boots.

Thinking you mean "boots over the jeans"

#121 6 years ago
    Quoted from TractorDoc:

Thinking you mean "boots over the jeans"

Hahah oops!!! You’re right!! I’m gettin confused lol. I’ll fix it with notation lol

#122 6 years ago
    Quoted from AVH7401:

Jokes aside, Dingo is a good manufacturer. mrbally

No joke. They were Dingo's. I called them my "O. J. Dingo boots". They were advertised like crazy on teevee etc. This was around the whole "Suburban Cowboy" craze time period.

#123 6 years ago
    Quoted from AVH7401:

If you are really serious about buying the boots, please PM me and we can move on from there. pinmike

PM Sent..Cool Dude

#124 6 years ago

From a life long Texan.....never, ever, ever wear your jeans inside your boots...ever. The one exception is if you Are a real ranch hand or cowboy. In this case you can do whatever the eff you want and some of them do wear pants inside boots.

#125 6 years ago

Just be sure to always wear your chaps. Nobody will be able to see the tuck.

#126 6 years ago
    Quoted from TractorDoc:

And Please, for the Love of God, do not do this.

Not sure if them are socks and sandals but yikes either way.

I bet that's Halloween and he's breakin' in his Batman boots for the big night.

#127 6 years ago
    Quoted from Cserold:

From a life long Texan.....never, ever, ever wear your jeans inside your boots...ever. The one exception is if you Are a real ranch hand or cowboy. In this case you can do whatever the eff you want and some of them do wear pants inside boots.

Amen! Thank you! Such a bad look lol

#128 6 years ago

SOLD!....In 3....2....1....

#129 6 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Only 2 weeks? He should have priced them higher.

#130 6 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Quoted from Travish:

Only 2 weeks? He should have priced them higher.

I do not understand what either of you are saying; could you please explain? spfxted Travish

#131 6 years ago

New day, new bump

#132 6 years ago

I don’t need any boots but by chance does anyone on this thread know where I can get a reasonably priced baywatch.

#133 6 years ago

I don’t need any boots but by chance does anyone on this thread know where I can get a reasonably priced baywatch.

Try craigslist, brother. jmountjoy111

#134 6 years ago
    Quoted from AVH7401:

I do not understand what either of you are saying; could you please explain?

They thought pinmike bought the boots. I guess not...

#135 6 years ago
    Quoted from AVH7401:

Try craigslist, brother. jmountjoy111

You must have been out at the watering hole when that thread happened. It’s a shame.... I guess it must have only been funny for pants over the boots people. My bad....

#136 6 years ago

You must have been out at the watering hole when that thread happened. It’s a shame.... I guess it must have only been funny for pants over the boots people. My bad....

Ima laughed out loud when you posted that, it was very funny. Still for sale by the way imamazingly.

#137 5 years ago

Pinmike and I exchanged a few PMs, but then I lost contact with them. The sale never progressed, unfortunately. mcluvin

#138 5 years ago

I unfortunately missed two potential craigslist buyers. The first buyer was lost because I failed to contact him back soon enough and the other buyer offered me too low of a price to sell for. The boots are still for sale, of course, if anyone is interested.

#139 5 years ago

Bump

1 week later
    #140 5 years ago

bump

#141 5 years ago

Time to hang it up here. This is a pinball forum.

#142 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Time to hang it up here. This is a pinball forum.

You are right, brother. I didn't realize that I was being obnoxious. Thank you for letting me know and I hope that everyone who participated in this thread has a nice weekend!
    Tuna_Delight

#143 5 years ago

Hey! You're not bothering ANYONE! There have been stupider things posted here. Nobody has to click on the Thread! Good luck with your sale...

#144 5 years ago
    Quoted from AVH7401:

You are right, brother. I didn't realize that I was being obnoxious.

We're not supposed to be obnoxious? Whoops! I've been doing it wrong...

#146 5 years ago

I've do not mind the boot topic/conversation. While I think your chances of selling them here are at a minimum, the accompanying dialogue has been humorous and enlightening. Hope you've been enjoying your new boots!

#147 5 years ago

I have 2 life experiences with boots like these and luckily they were on the feet of friends and will never be on mine. What I propose is that we buy these as a community and pass them around collecting autographs of Pinside members. We could call them the Boots of Destiny. Certainly this is an original idea and I would chip in 5 bucks for a chance to sign them.

#148 5 years ago
    Quoted from Cserold:

Quoted from pinmike:

Sounds good!! AVH7401 how much for the boots pal?

Quoted from RustyLizard:

I have 2 life experiences with boots like these and luckily they were on the feet of friends and will never be on mine. What I propose is that we buy these as a community and pass them around collecting autographs of Pinside members. We could call them the Boots of Destiny. Certainly this is an original idea and I would chip in 5 bucks for a chance to sign them.

I think this idea already came up, but I guess it may have fell through RustyLizard

#149 5 years ago

For anyone who can fit into size 13 EW boots or has a friend in need of some boots, here is the craigslist ad: raleigh.craigslist.org link

1 month later
    #150 5 years ago

Final Update:
    I apologize for bringing an old thread back up, but I just wanted to report that I finally sold the boots after three months. I sold them for less than the asking price, but something is better than nothing. I was planning on donating them to the local thrift store this weekend, anyways. I guess you could say that I "booted" them from my closet!

There are 167 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/westerncowboy-boots-for-trade-or-sale/page/3?hl=rustylizard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.